Beware the slide pool at the Sonoran Sky!You may end up in a 3rd world clinic!!

az-dan

Well Known Member
I stayed at the Sky several years ago and my grandkids worethe slide out while we were there and never got injured. I wanted to go downthe slide, in fact my granddaughter ask me to go with her but it was obviously designedfor kids and kids were using it so I knew better. Also since I was in the poolcatching them so they could make it to the edge I knew it was too shallow foran adult. Maybe I knew better because of the many times when I was younger Ilearned what happened when I didn’t think. Age does that to us old people ittakes us longer to heal. If I rode a jet ski and fell off and got hurt I wouldnot ask the owner of the jet ski to be responsible because I wasn’t warned ofthe risk. When I was there 2 weeks ago a kid got stung by jellyfish should theresort pay for the medical treatment? If so where do you draw the line?

playaperro

El Pirata
Speaking of bottom feeder's, did anyone ever see when that crazy dude that was driving into a small plastic kids pools on america got talent? He opened the door so i did not HIJACK this thread.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
If I rode a jet ski and fell off and got hurt I wouldnot ask the owner of the jet ski to be responsible because I wasn’t warned ofthe risk. When I was there 2 weeks ago a kid got stung by jellyfish should theresort pay for the medical treatment? If so where do you draw the line?

That kind of wisdom will probably be lost on most...

...My comment on the heading on the post was saying not to go down the slide or you could end up in a 3rd world clinic. The fact is, Mexico is a 3rd world country and we ended up at a clinic in a 3rd world country. Understand? You say that people should accept resposibility for their actions and look at the risk and decide if it out weighs the reward. Well, when my friend came to the slide he decided to go down it, so I guess he assumed the risk right?

So, to summarize:

You knew Mexico was a third world country, yet you decided to travel there.

While there, your friend exercised some personal judgement to go down the slide without properly evaluating the potential risks beforehand.

You want to "blame" the design of the slide for your friend's poor judgement.

Well, you KNEW Mexico was third world... so why did you expect 1st world Design and Engineering Standards? I mean cripes- there was a 50/50 chance that the whole slide was going to collapse as your friend climbed the ladder, right?... you were in a 3rd world country, after all....

Bottom line- your friend's poor judgement was the ONLY reason your friend was injured.

Asking someone else to pay for the inevitable consequences of your own poor judgement is ridiculous.

Better you should ask them to maybe hang a sign warning people above 100 pounds not to go down the slide, lest they suffer similar consequences... yes?

Johnny

User is currently banned
Only one question: What was the "victims" Blood Alcohol Percentage (BAC %) before he went down the slide? Case closed!

clozzzer

Did you really think that I though that anyone on this site would really approve of the thread I posted on this site? You all have a vested interest in making sure people feel SAFE coming to Rocky Point. Right. It might make people feel safer to know that someone is watching out for the safety of the guests who come to enjoy a carefree vacation. It seems that none of you really understand how the real world operates. Laws and regulations are here to protect us from ourselves. The pool slide was not for just children. I have a photo of the pool slide rules, written in only Spanish, and it does not say anything about a childs pool or children only.

Tedram

Tedram
interesting read... reminded me of my own brush with pool slides at my own home in the 90's. Great day BBQ'ing with friends and making new friends. Enjoying the pool and the slide as we had for over 5 years all year around... until a guest of a coworker reported she hit her nose on the pool bottom after using the slide. She did have a small red mark but she had no complaints and stayed until late that evening enjoying the BBQ and day. Well about 3 months later I get a call asking for my insurance information.... well I guess she had gotten a nose job and assumed my insurance would be paying for it. Well didn't happen as she planned, she attempted to sue me, builder, slide manufacturer, et al for medical bills, pain and suffering (she went out dancing with her roommate that same night?), lost wages (she was and unemployed college student?), she hired several experts to come evaluate my pool slide and etc (cost about $2000 for the 3 "experts" to evaluate and decided my slide was 2" too high above the water line... blah blah blah) ended up requesting about $50,000 in her suit. Well the 2K nose job just got a larger price tag! Well my insurance would have covered up to 5K in my policy just for having an accident on my property but since she went the extra mile to attempt to get more than just a free nose job they said new we will just go to court. And karma is a bitch because I won the case and she was left with paying for her own cosmetic nose job, pool "experts" evaluation fee, and court costs..... her simple nose job ended up costing her probably 3x as much and a lot of wasted time. I since have never had another slide at any of my pools after that "fun" experience! ...
AHHHH---- Sounds just like my CA vs AZ Analogy .......

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
interesting read... reminded me of my own brush with pool slides at my own home in the 90's. Great day BBQ'ing with friends and making new friends. Enjoying the pool and the slide as we had for over 5 years all year around... until a guest of a coworker reported she hit her nose on the pool bottom after using the slide. She did have a small red mark but she had no complaints and stayed until late that evening enjoying the BBQ and day. Well about 3 months later I get a call asking for my insurance information.... well I guess she had gotten a nose job and assumed my insurance would be paying for it. Well didn't happen as she planned, she attempted to sue me, builder, slide manufacturer, et al for medical bills, pain and suffering (she went out dancing with her roommate that same night?), lost wages (she was and unemployed college student?), she hired several experts to come evaluate my pool slide and etc (cost about $2000 for the 3 "experts" to evaluate and decided my slide was 2" too high above the water line... blah blah blah) ended up requesting about $50,000 in her suit. Well the 2K nose job just got a larger price tag! Well my insurance would have covered up to 5K in my policy just for having an accident on my property but since she went the extra mile to attempt to get more than just a free nose job they said new we will just go to court. And karma is a bitch because I won the case and she was left with paying for her own cosmetic nose job, pool "experts" evaluation fee, and court costs..... her simple nose job ended up costing her probably 3x as much and a lot of wasted time. I since have never had another slide at any of my pools after that "fun" experience! ...
You can't find diving boards at most public pools anymore because of the liability issues....

Roberto

Well Known Member
... did anyone else see the zeta cartel, the kidnapping and the murder..?

Well I was not going to mention it, but at about 15 frames in if you look very carefully you will get a quick glimpse (about 1/2 of a frame) of a shadow cast over the slider. The form of the shadow is a distinct Z. that's enough proof for me that the Zetas were involved and since they are a cartel and they murder and kidnap a lot that ties in too. The rest of the keywords are obvious, except the cruise, I just don't get that one. I think he should have added: Blood, Stitches, gore, and stupidity.

Well I was not going to mention it, but at about 15 frames in if you look very carefully you will get a quick glimpse (about 1/2 of a frame) of a shadow cast over the slider. The form of the shadow is a distinct Z. that's enough proof for me that the Zetas were involved and since they are a cartel and they murder and kidnap a lot that ties in too. The rest of the keywords are obvious, except the cruise, I just don't get that one. I think he should have added: Blood, Stitches, gore, and stupidity.
and don't forget "over exaggeration" "drama" and "lies"... yeah, using "cruise" didn't float with me, I just didn't sea it, that's why I said "lies"

clozzzer

These were key words. It is not saying that these items exist in rp. They are just highly searched key words. It is basic search engine optimization.

Kelney

Well Known Member
I don't know, maybe it is just me but any slide I have a chance to get hurt on sounds like a great slide to me. See you on my next trip Sonoran Sky!

The movie by the way is a little over the top.

These were key words. It is not saying that these items exist in rp. They are just highly searched key words. It is basic search engine optimization.
WoW... I didn't know that, Thanks for the idea... The next time I do a video of one of our charity events I'll use those keywords... That will bring a lot more attention to "Food Distribution in the Barrios" and "Esperanza Para Los Ninos"... Do you work at MSNBC..?

Estero

Well Known Member
Dude, seriously, what you did is not basic SEO, what you are doing by using keywords that have nothing to do with your posted video is called keyword stuffing. Not cool by the way. Most of the people on this forum are here because they have an affinity for Puerto Penasco and or Mexico so the keyword stuffing you did that had nothing to do with the video other than possibly to increase the views on youtube for your post does more harm than good. You did not keyword stuff your other vacation nightmare video...Lake Havasu Houseboat Nightmare Labor Day Spring Break (DON"T CLICK IT, it is nothing more than 15 minutes of whiny drivel about a rented houseboat.) So do everyone a favor, including yourself, and correct your tags for the video you posted to be accurate. Look, you as a newbie on this forum obviously did not receive a warm welcome simply because as adults most people take responsibility for their actions good and bad and it totally sucks your friend got hurt and I'm certain everybody hopes he heals up quickly as it could have been worse. But to make a dramatic video to portray your editing skills (not bad by the way) and then to stuff keywords to increase views and do more harm than good makes you a tool. I'm sure it sounded good at the time but not so much now, I'm guessing. FYI, it would be quite a bit more advantageous to put those editing skills into something positive for Penasco of which there is way too much to list. Just my 2 cents.

On a side note, I was going to keyword stuff this post with spider food but decided against it.

clozzzer

Dude, seriously, what you did is not basic SEO, what you are doing by using keywords that have nothing to do with your posted video is called keyword stuffing. Not cool by the way. Most of the people on this forum are here because they have an affinity for Puerto Penasco and or Mexico so the keyword stuffing you did that had nothing to do with the video other than possibly to increase the views on youtube for your post does more harm than good. You did not keyword stuff your other vacation nightmare video...Lake Havasu Houseboat Nightmare Labor Day Spring Break (DON"T CLICK IT, it is nothing more than 15 minutes of whiny drivel about a rented houseboat.) So do everyone a favor, including yourself, and correct your tags for the video you posted to be accurate. Look, you as a newbie on this forum obviously did not receive a warm welcome simply because as adults most people take responsibility for their actions good and bad and it totally sucks your friend got hurt and I'm certain everybody hopes he heals up quickly as it could have been worse. But to make a dramatic video to portray your editing skills (not bad by the way) and then to stuff keywords to increase views and do more harm than good makes you a tool. I'm sure it sounded good at the time but not so much now, I'm guessing. FYI, it would be quite a bit more advantageous to put those editing skills into something positive for Penasco of which there is way too much to list. Just my 2 cents.

On a side note, I was going to keyword stuff this post with spider food but decided against it.
I understand and respect your point on the keyword stuffing. I actually made the video as a memory for my friend when he feels better and heels up. The slide really is dangerous. Again, it is dangerous. Everyone on here has this crazy opinion that buyer beware, assume your risk, it your fault because you went down it, and the general philosophy that what ever happens in Mexico is unsanctioned from the general rules of safety. When people go down the slide, they didn't sign up for a slide of danger. You said it before, it is a children slide. It is a slide that should not be dangerous for children and adults to enjoy. They have had other injurie related to this slide with people young and old according to the staff at the condos. In the spirit of good for man kind, the should post weight limits on riders, enforce a child only rule and monitor and endorse general slide safety. That all I ask. No more.

My friend did not want a fat settlement. Just the good will of his medical bills paid. In the united states, anyone injured on your property, and if you have homeowners insurance, would be paid good will of actual medical bills. I am sure the condo has a similar policy, but they were unwilling to pay us the good will or offer any help what so ever. My friend was not drunk either, however it probably makes folks on here feel better about themselves on this forum to think he was. It's similar to the mindset of asking someone who has lung cancer if they smoked. Not everyone who gets lung cancer smoked. I suppose a common factor in injury is being drunk, but I assure you this wasn't the case.

So, maybe next time they will help the next injured victim of their condos because this has obviously not been good for the sky's perminant online record. This was not my intention, but it has ended up causing lots of drama at both camps. If the condo staff would have handled the issue with more finesse, our families would not have returned home upset with the lack of Care and respect.

I am a friend of rp. I don't want to see folks not come down to enjoy the fun that we all enjoy.

I think that we have worn out the thread and recomend that it is closed for any new posts. this way we can worry about more pleasurable topics.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
I understand and respect your point on the keyword stuffing. I actually made the video as a memory for my friend when he feels better and heels up. The slide really is dangerous. Again, it is dangerous. Everyone on here has this crazy opinion that buyer beware, assume your risk, it your fault because you went down it, and the general philosophy that what ever happens in Mexico is unsanctioned from the general rules of safety. When people go down the slide, they didn't sign up for a slide of danger. You said it before, it is a children slide. It is a slide that should not be dangerous for children and adults to enjoy. They have had other injurie related to this slide with people young and old according to the staff at the condos. In the spirit of good for man kind, the should post weight limits on riders, enforce a child only rule and monitor and endorse general slide safety. That all I ask. No more.

My friend did not want a fat settlement. Just the good will of his medical bills paid. In the united states, anyone injured on your property, and if you have homeowners insurance, would be paid good will of actual medical bills. I am sure the condo has a similar policy, but they were unwilling to pay us the good will or offer any help what so ever. My friend was not drunk either, however it probably makes folks on here feel better about themselves on this forum to think he was. It's similar to the mindset of asking someone who has lung cancer if they smoked. Not everyone who gets lung cancer smoked. I suppose a common factor in injury is being drunk, but I assure you this wasn't the case.

So, maybe next time they will help the next injured victim of their condos because this has obviously not been good for the sky's perminant online record. This was not my intention, but it has ended up causing lots of drama at both camps. If the condo staff would have handled the issue with more finesse, our families would not have returned home upset with the lack of Care and respect.

I am a friend of rp. I don't want to see folks not come down to enjoy the fun that we all enjoy.

I think that we have worn out the thread and recomend that it is closed for any new posts. this way we can worry about more pleasurable topics.
You stir up a hornets nest with your post and video...and now you want the hornets to go back in their hive.......