Boomerfest Question

Never mind- when I did the search I see it in the search results but not on the actual site.. When Google gives results it says September.. They need to fix their graphics on the website then.

Even if they manage to book any known artists, the agent who sells the show will no doubt hold the promoters/producers to certain attendance benchmarks. If they don't hit a minimum threshold, the agent will pull the artists performance from the lineup. Just watch for the cautionary fine print where it indicates that artist lineup may change without prior notice. Not what you want to read with a $600.00 starting price.

I agree with the previous person who said the lineup will consist of bands like Eddie Money. Count on seeing a lot of club acts that barely have any connection to the original band (Starship, Three Dog Night, Nazareth, etc.)

So is it common to announce something like this without everyone being signed up? I don't know the entertainment business but I know some people have said they do. Is it common or done sometimes to announce something like this and then set it up afterwards or ?? Does it make sense what I am asking. It is almost like they want to sell tickets first to fund the artists or wave money in their face.

mis2810

Never mind- when I did the search I see it in the search results but not on the actual site.. When Google gives results it says September.. They need to fix their graphics on the website then.
They need to fix a lot more than their graphics.

So is it common to announce something like this without everyone being signed up? I don't know the entertainment business but I know some people have said they do. Is it common or done sometimes to announce something like this and then set it up afterwards or ?? Does it make sense what I am asking. It is almost like they want to sell tickets first to fund the artists or wave money in their face.
Not really...it is frowned on in the industry to use the name of any artist that is not under contract. Well known festivals such as Coachella do sell tickets long before the lineup is announced, but they offer discounts for this and they have a proven track record of delivering. For a new festival, they should start slow with a one day event and build it over the next few years. I have no inside knowledge of what Boomer Fest Days is planning, but it looks to me like they want to pay the artist deposit (usually 50% of the guarantee) with money raised from either sponsorship deals or ticket sales. In my eyes, this is the same as a condo development funding their construction with buyers deposits.

mis2810

As Disneynut mentioned previously, if this were a well-established promoter that was "buying" dates, maybe they could get away with announcing something without having everything in place. But a first time promoter trying to entice 24 big names to a place with no real, quick transportation in or out is ridiculous. Just the load-in, load-out would be a nightmare. You can't fly in all the equipment, staging that each act would require. They would have to be trucked across the border - another nightmare. This isn't like hiring a DJ and a band to play a wedding where they use the same sound system and just "plug in" their guitars.

Are there any sponsors yet? Doubtful. "Tostitos Presents . . . Boomer Fest"????? A big name sponsor with money to back it up isn't going to sign on without artists under contract either.

There was a phone number posted on the Facebook page for a few days when they had comments on there but now they removed it. I wish I would have copied it down. I have read some of the riders that artists give out on thesmokinggun.com and they are very demanding. I would imagine it would be very difficult to deliver all of that for 24 big names. Sometime when you have time to waste go and read some of the concert riders and you'll see what I am talking about.

There was a phone number posted on the Facebook page for a few days when they had comments on there but now they removed it. I wish I would have copied it down. I have read some of the riders that artists give out on thesmokinggun.com and they are very demanding. I would imagine it would be very difficult to deliver all of that for 24 big names. Sometime when you have time to waste go and read some of the concert riders and you'll see what I am talking about.
I have not worked for a single artist that did not demand a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons hotel for the artist and upper management. Even the crew would need a Holiday Inn or Homewood Suites style hotel (which we don't have here). mis2810 is correct in her assumption that load-in and load-out would be a total nightmare and all of your equipment must clear customs. Trucks from the U.S. are not allowed to pull your gear in Mexico. In the past we have had Mexican trucks and drivers pulling our trailers filled with gear. This is a logistical nightmare. It can be done with the right people and the right budget, I just don't see how this could ever make a profit.

So the trucks would come to the border, cross, have to go through customs, then have Mexican trucks take the trailers to here? I guess the reverse would be true on the return. That would be very difficult.

So the trucks would come to the border, cross, have to go through customs, then have Mexican trucks take the trailers to here? I guess the reverse would be true on the return. That would be very difficult.
Yes, they usually cross the border, clear customs and then transfer the trailer to a waiting truck that is registered in Mexico. For major U.S. bands, a tour of Mexico is usually Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey. They have the large population base with the income to support the ticket price. I am sure most talent agents would scratch their heads about Rocky Point.

playaperro

El Pirata
They have permits for these type of rigs that cross into mexico for instance the nascar series races in mexico and their trucks and trailers cross with all equipment.

They have permits for these type of rigs that cross into mexico for instance the nascar series races in mexico and their trucks and trailers cross with all equipment.
You are correct, with a short tour (3 shows) it is easier and more cost efficient to hire local.

ADR

Looks like all the comments got removed, because there were a few of us asking hard questions and someone replying as "boomerfestdays" was answering, but generic and vague answers. Especially to the reason for the high cost, the lack of bands being announced, if they had any history of promoting concerts, city permits, travel issues, etc.
I guess they got tired of evading the questions, and deleted all the comments (or blocked me, I don't see any comments).
Also, this site lists where acts are playing worldwide, it is basically the bible of touring acts. http://www.pollstar.com/resultsCity.aspx?ID=68345&SearchBy=puerto penasco
nothing listed yet..

I think our friends are watching this site because today the graphics are updated and no longer say anything about May... They are using a freebee web server so if you just make a mistake when you type in their site you get a list of pages that haven't been published yet. If you click this link: http://www.boomerfestdays.com/index you see this is an error-landing page and then you can see the pages that aren't published yet. This will probably go away quick.

mis2810

From the article linked above:

"The immediate impact on the local economy could exceed USD $49,000,000 over the five day Festival"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I dont know what the bigger HOAX is?! This or Manti Teo's fake girlfriend who died story???!!!!!! I'm going to say the Manti Teo story just because IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED and Manti Teo is actually a person in the spotlight. Sounds like the GOLDEN DOMER might be in on it or might be covering up something else bigger, he's gay.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Im not trying to hi-jack just wanted to point out how ridiculous this boomer days is by comparing it to another ridiculous HOAX that the whole nation believed!

Btw, I think the slang term for magic mushrooms is Boomers, pretty ironic dont you think?

Last edited:

Roberto

It's just fascinating actually trying to guess what they are actually up to. Do they actually think that people are believing all the stuff they are putting out? Do they think people are that stupid? The hyperbole in their descriptions of this fantasy is outrageous and just plain silly. Only a narcissist could think it was good.

That is funny because I know a guy that was working with them doing stuff around their rented house. They paid him once and then it took months just to get partially paid. He is still owed money and they don't get back with him. Helping the local economy sounds kind of hypocritical since they won't even help those who are helping them. This is my first post. I don't like seeing that type of injustice where the poor are used to help the rich get richer.