Boomerfest Question

mis2810

That is funny because I know a guy that was working with them doing stuff around their rented house. They paid him once and then it took months just to get partially paid. He is still owed money and they don't get back with him. Helping the local economy sounds kind of hypocritical since they won't even help those who are helping them. This is my first post. I don't like seeing that type of injustice where the poor are used to help the rich get richer.
Who is "them"? Henry Altman?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It's just fascinating actually trying to guess what they are actually up to. Do they actually think that people are believing all the stuff they are putting out? Do they think people are that stupid? The hyperbole in their descriptions of this fantasy is outrageous and just plain silly. Only a narcissist could think it was good.

Im sure the people from Liberty Cove would be first in line for BoomerFest! LOL FORMULA ONE TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMH

If it was Henry he probably told them "I'm out of checks but I'll get more checks next week after I close a big deal. And oh by the way can you do xx xx xx more also and I'll just pay you all on that next check?" It had to be Henry or his crew - anyone know what they looked like or what they were driving?

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
september dates ... no bueno! HOT AND HUMID!!! not a winning date even IF it actually were going to happen

What if they're planning on bringing in a huge cruise ship with all of the performers on it and having most if not all the show on the ship? You could have rooms on the ship so that way you could provide a few RV sites and Boomerville the campground and still be cool. Is that doable?

mis2810

What if they're planning on bringing in a huge cruise ship with all of the performers on it and having most if not all the show on the ship? You could have rooms on the ship so that way you could provide a few RV sites and Boomerville the campground and still be cool. Is that doable?
Why do you sound so personally invested in this? To the point of asking about possible alternatives? You sound much more interested than just an average Boomer "fan". How are you proposing getting thousands of people back and forth from the cruise ship? Hovercraft? You realize the ship just can't pull right on up to Sandy Beach and drop anchor, right?

Huh? Maybe this thread has gone long enough... At this point I was trying to think of what the heck they'll think of next.. But I do like the hovercraft idea.

Hmmmmm . . . . they care what we think?
You better believe they care what we think, Melissa. Anyone who currently doesn't, should. This forum is about much more than the conversations we're having in the threads. There are tons people who don't want to jump into the fray, but are reading every word...for the same reason. What is said here, even what is argued about here, is important to anyone with an interest in Penasco.

P.S. Note to lurkers: ProAlliance Insurance has a Forum Lurker Special in January and again for the weekend of Feb 16th if you're coming to Taste of Penasco!

That is funny because I know a guy that was working with them doing stuff around their rented house. They paid him once and then it took months just to get partially paid. He is still owed money and they don't get back with him. Helping the local economy sounds kind of hypocritical since they won't even help those who are helping them. This is my first post. I don't like seeing that type of injustice where the poor are used to help the rich get richer.
Welcome to the Forum, Michael. Stories of non-payment abound. Those of us who've been around the block a couple of times in Penasco know that every once in a while someone shows up talking a good game and plays on the good intentions of others and their desire to see something positive happen here. They don't last long, in fact, the damage they do stays with us longer than they do.

Roberto

Nope, on second look one of them was the bouncer at Mamacitas for awhile. The balding guy on the right hangs aroung in the alley off Calle 13 I think. Guess they are just local color, similar to the photos of the waitresses and Malecon.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Someone has mention that the organizers of the boomer fest has not even applied for the permits with the municipality of Penasco, I would think that for such a big event that the promoters will have the permits in place before they even go out to the public saying it is happening and at least have 2 big names under their website.
One thing is for sure with or with out Boomer fest Rocky Point is starting to awaken again!!!!! and hopefully if this is a bust it will not make waves for the media to start putting down RP again!!!

mis2810

Odds for Boomerfest as advertised in 2012 is 800: 1 ; ... within 2013, 600: 1 with in 2014 and 400: 1 2015 and so on.

I think it is time to discuss the 300 meter pier out from the reef.
What are the odds on that becoming a reality?
As unbelievable as it sounds , the pier will happen quicker than Boomer Fest, JMHO.