Car Jacking - 12/26/09

Terry C

<<The owner of the "subject" vehicle frequents Rocky Point because of invested interests in the area. This is the 3rd vehicle that they have had stolen in the Rocky Point area and none have been recovered>>

INTERESTING.....

Kenny

What might be very interesting Terry, is the circumstances of the other two thefts... How many years have many of us been on this, and the other forum, and going down for years without hearing personally about any car thefts, not alone one person having three stolen. Stranger things have happened for sure, but man, that's some long odds.

N

nkeckhardt

This is the exact story I heard

Okay...it's been over a week since the car hijacking, and no additional information has been posted....so I'm providing a link that has some information....take it with a grain of salt, considering the website that it was on....but some of the info matches up with stuff I heard while I was down over New Years....

http://www.rockypointexposed.com/The_Road_to_Hell.html

I think we deserve to know the HOW of the car jacking so that we may have a chance to protect ourselves or avoid it happening to us!

A friend of mine knew our family traveled to Rocky Point regularly for vacations and today he told me about his family friends who were carjacked just over a week ago in Sonora. They had 2 children (one a baby). The carjackers had guns, and while the mother tried to speed up, it became too dangerous and she stopped. The armed men took their vehicle, belongings, including passports. I share some of this story only because it does seem to match the link that you sent, and quite frankly, I was shocked as I have never had a bad experience traveling to Rocky Point. Can I verify the information that my friend shared? No, but he had absolutely no reason that I can think of to fabricate this story.

jerry

Rosy finds herself in the position Chief Brody filled in "Jaws" The town fathers don't want the shark reports to scare off the tourists and wreck the season on the island...move along everybody nothing to see here...
Wahoo are you ready for the World Cup?

Rosy finds herself in the position Chief Brody filled in "Jaws" The town fathers don't want the shark reports to scare off the tourists and wreck the season on the island...move along everybody nothing to see here...
Wahoo are you ready for the World Cup?
Yea, well Brody lived to make Jaws II, Jaws III, etc., didn't he?

rplarry

A friend of mine knew our family traveled to Rocky Point regularly for vacations and today he told me about his family friends who were carjacked just over a week ago in Sonora. They had 2 children (one a baby). The carjackers had guns, and while the mother tried to speed up, it became too dangerous and she stopped. The armed men took their vehicle, belongings, including passports. I share some of this story only because it does seem to match the link that you sent, and quite frankly, I was shocked as I have never had a bad experience traveling to Rocky Point. Can I verify the information that my friend shared? No, but he had absolutely no reason that I can think of to fabricate this story.
Sonora is a pretty big state. Do you know exactly where in Sonora? Or, might have you meant "Sonoita?"

Thanks.

Bob Oso

Boy am I glad to read that. For all the years we've been traveling across the border this is the first time we had our apprehensions about going south. Also glad to read that the patrols are being stepped up.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
why did this happen?
RUDEE, that is like asking why were there 2 shootings in the last 48 hrs in Tucson?

NOW, to put it in perspective, lets follow the shootings in Tucson and see how long it takes for the police dept. to find the sicarios! then we can compare notes on each dept's efficiencia, we must take in consideration the obvious differences, like equipment, technologies, etc

Not that this is going to make a huge difference, but someone asked before in the thread "why is it taking so long to find the thughs"

Last edited:

jerry

RUDEE, that is like asking why were there 2 shootings in the last 48 hrs in Tucson?

NOW, to put it in perspective, lets follow the shootings in Tucson and see how long it takes for the police dept. to find the sicarios! then we can compare notes on each dept's efficiencia, we must take in consideration the obvious differences, like equipment, technologies, etc

Not that this is going to make a huge difference, but someone asked before in the thread "why is it taking so long to find the thughs"
In a general way i have a great distrust of the police and think they should all get a real job making real products rather than goof around all day,go to lunch for an hour and drive around the rest of the day checking out chicks but all and all the Tucson police are really really good at solving the big crimes...now the bull**** fire department...what a waste of money in the low density cities of the west.If we fired 90 percent of them and let the old crap burn down to be rebuilt to code with insurance the taxpayer would be better off by far.

jerry

From the Republics insane right wing Mexican hating commenters comes this pearl (and a offer of free help after the next time I'm caught peeing in the pool at Las Palomas)

apigueilFeb-19 @ 10:34 AM Report abuse 53
Allow me to give you a point of view from somebody who wasn't born in Rocky Point but is from MEXICO CITY (25 million people population and people here in the north hate us) living full time here for many reasons. I don't blame Americans for being scared because the Media is very powerful. I've been living here the last 5 years, and as i said, i come from a very very big city (10 times Phoenix). ---Here, i do not suffer stress
--- i do not fight with traffic
--- beach is 5 minutes from everywhere
--- work is 15 minutes from home
--- I have a perfect tan all year long
--- I can see my feet for the clarity of the water
--- In summer all the beach looks like a big jacuzzi
--- Cholla bay is a big lagoon when the tide is up
--- I can see a lot of sea lions alive!!! also dolphins, and other animals i used to read in the books only
--- Most of my friends are American living FULL TIME HERE (maybe they don't have tv)
--- I have only heard about 4 murderers in all the time I've been here, *** but everytime i turn the TV to the arizona news, everyday something happened, including shootings to minors, to students, to exwifes, etc; Here, they were all executions for drugs (if you are in drugs, or if you sell drugs soon or later will die for it). The ten bodies somebody talked about... were on the middle of the desert not even close of Rocky Point city.... what's the matter with you? ****
--- People here, even the sellers on the beach speaks at least two languages including english... and you american???
--- Bills here are $20 usd the minor one... in Mexico city $60 ... and in Tucson??? American complain about corrupt policeman, but you are the first ones in bribe them instead go to pay the bill that usually is less than that and only take 10 minutes at most. (there are no inocent americans in jail in Rocky Point)
--- Police Station is 10 minutes from Sandy Beach and there are bilingual people there. *** If you get caught speeding, driving drunk, or making scandal, you will go to the police station until you pay the bill JUST LIKE IN USA, only a few times you will be in custodie for 24 hours and is not big deal. (IF YOU GET SCARED WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT OR YOU THINK THAT THEY ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING YOU BECAUSE THEY DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, CALL ME AND I WILL BE MORE THAN GLAD TO HELP YOU 011 52 1 638 105 40 80)
--- Mexican Laws are not as hard-to-follow as the American, But in Rocky Point they are even easier to follow (if you have any question regarding what you can or you can not do, feel free to contact me too and i will guide you)...

I can follow and follow.... I am not asking you to come, because i don't live from tourism. But i do think that when you make all those kind of comments, you only listen what you want to hear, you don't think reasonable.

Thank you. Enjoy your day in the pollutioned, noisy and crowded Phoenix. Me? I'll be having fun in Manny's all weekend.

There is 1 reply to this comment. Collapse

jerry

These two guys also highlight real problems with the police:

onetwothreefourFeb-18 @ 9:51 PM Report abuse 18
After 20 years of going to RP, I refuse to return after Sonoyta's finest jacked me for $60 for "drunk driving" or we would spend "4 or 5 days in jail". I'm not sure how an unopened case of Pacifico freshly purchased at Valdez' qualifies as drunk driving. Sorry Roger Clyne, I''m never going back.....
It's not the old RP with the lit smudge pots on the road and the giant potholes!!

There is 1 reply to this comment. Collapse

natedogg222 Feb-19 @ 12:30 AM Report abuse15
haha dang man...but 60$ is better than 5000 here. Funny post tho. I can def relate. Everytime we go we get searched and they steal our bomb bud. But we never take it all from the princessa so its a good snack when we get back....

jerry

http://www.azcentral.com/business/ar...nt-travel.html

Rosy these posters are the Mccain haters on the right wing of the Republican party that want a closed border, unless that is they want (in my world) a subcontractor to rip ofl my outdoor concrete design element plan and grind out a substandard copy with 5 guys from Southern mexico with fake ID's making 8 bucks and hour.... Then they love the Mexican people! Me, my anglo partner and my South Tucson Mexican American friends (that work with me on bigger jobs and make 20 bucks an hour and up) get screwed again..

Last edited: