Cartel Shootout - Sounds like it was Southwest of Nogales

They may be businessmen...but are they type of businessmen you would "trust" (with your life) once they accepted your "offer"?

Roberto

RPJ sez: These are not reasonable people that have an ounce of humanity in their bodies. They are animals with no concern with how much pain and suffering they inflict....it's actually an insult to animals calling them that!

Not in any manner justifying, excusing, or accepting their violent behavior, you would probably be very surprised at what you might think about them if you met them at a family affair and ate with them, and talked with them, saw how they treated their children and family, BEFORE you found out what the do for a living.

Just like the Russian mob or the Italian Mafia.....they were all "family" men.....but the Mexican cartel appear to have even outdone those in terms of pure brutality!

Roberto...I cannot fathom how the can justify or rationalize what they do.....absolutely no conscience....

Last edited:

Roberto

As for Roberto's critique of my earlier posts, I'd like to know what the Mexican government could have done to protect the locals in Tubatama unless they had prior knowledge of when and where the shootout would take place. What should they have done upon learning there wa a shootout in progress at this location? My question now is whether there are still narcos in the immediate area and, if so, why the army isn't moving in to protect the locals.
Your inquiry seems to be a non sequitur. Has no connection to my comments that I can discern. The topic you do bring up requires a lot of discussion and speculation from people much better informed than I. Think of the three blind men and the elephant.

Roberto

Just like the Russian mob or the Italian Mafia.....they were all "family" men.....but the Mexican cartel appear to have even outdone those in terms of pure brutality!

Roberto...I cannot fathom how the can justify or rationalize what they do.....absolutely no conscience....
Again not condoning or excusing or justifying in any way, you don't have to look very far in history to find violence on a much greater scale and with equal brutality directed at completely innocent people. Just the tip of the iceberg: The Russian Revolution, The Rape of Nanking, the Pogroms against the Jews, Goodman Chaney and Schwerner, Africa Today.

This is more vivid to us perhaps because it is happening now, and in a country we are interested in, visit and or live next to or in. It's not a big ripe jucy pimple that you can pop and have go away, its a festering rash that changes form and seems impossible to subdue. They way you think about it will affect the solutions you might propose. You can't ignore any of the elements, they are all inter related.

This whole report from the borderreporter is very troubling.....if there are only a couple of roads in or out of the town, the military should be able to go in with helicopter support, keep those roads blocked off for any cartel escapees and completely wipe the group out!!! If the reporter has the info...doesn't the Mexican government?

jerry

FROM Michael at The Borderreporter.com
" the Sinaloa Federation finally moved in on El Gilo in the hills between Sáric and Tubutama last night, about 7 p.m. The Mexican military has seized ten armored vehicles. There are reports of 30 to 40 people dead, with Guzmán’s people having the upper hand. The Mexican Army is currently in the area. Apparently, there was an accident involving Mexican Army soldiers unrelated to the firefight, who were enroute to the Sáric/Tubutama area"

FROM Michael at The Borderreporter.com
" the Sinaloa Federation finally moved in on El Gilo in the hills between Sáric and Tubutama last night, about 7 p.m. The Mexican military has seized ten armored vehicles. There are reports of 30 to 40 people dead, with Guzmán’s people having the upper hand. The Mexican Army is currently in the area. Apparently, there was an accident involving Mexican Army soldiers unrelated to the firefight, who were enroute to the Sáric/Tubutama area"
www.lanetanews.net

jerry

Tim Steller from azstarnet reports:

All day, a variety of reports have emerged from Sonora of a second major shootout near Saric, Sonora, which is a few miles south of the Arizona border, between the Nogales and Sasabe ports of entry.
This report, from Caborca I think, is the most detailed I've seen, complete with many gruesome images apparently of those killed in the shootout. For those who don't read Spanish, it tells a pretty wild story: In revenge for the attack of July 2, in which more than 20 people were killed, a mafia from outside Saric sent fighters into the area from various sides. These gunmen in many cases walked for miles to avoid detection by the army or the local Saric mafia they were planning to attack. Long story short, the story says, the outsiders opened fire on the locals and killed a lot of them.