Deported Mexicans Social and Economic Effect on Puerto Penasco

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Just goes to show how much you know. You obviously don't have any recent experience with this.
:moon:
What are you talking about ? AS I mentioned it was easy no attorney and it was cheap. Well easy for me might not be easy to you, and if you are wondering about the Child Citizen Act just type it in your internet search. Yes I do have experience with this your involved in one immigration and you think you know it all. I am very aware simply marrying a U.S. citizen is not a license to immigrate but if you do it right its easy and cheap.

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I'm right there with you on this Harold... and I mean that literally... we have many good friends that live in this area, in fact while visiting one of them just the other day I ran into RIC (from this forum) obviously he felt is safe out there as well...

lagrimas85 what part of Penasco are you talking about???
Everybodys nice when they are looking for help or a handout, Anywhere is safe until the day that it isn't.

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
It is not that simple. It is a lot of red tape. It's a lot of hurry up and wait. And it is expensive. I went throught the process with my wife almost 14 years ago. We finally hired an immigration lawyer to expediate the process and make it easiie. Also, I have had several deported people apply for jobs at the bar. None of them seemed like bad violent people and we hired one of them. One guy who has become my friend owned 2 auto body shops in California. He had been there for something like 20 years. I'm all for legal immigration, but that is just wrong.
Jim, for me it was simple but it took time and was not expensive

mis2810

Thanks for sharing mis, I have a few ?'s for you if you don't mind sharing your knowledge about becoming legal.
PP - I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have. If it's something you don't feel comfortable putting out here on the board, feel free to send me a private message.

By the way, Most of the regulars here must be aware of the family in Puerto Penasco that adopted a baby at infancy in PP and has not been able to immigrate the child. The father and other daughter live in Arizona and the mother and beautiful little five year old live in PP. My husband and I immigrated two little girls from Tijuana in the early 70s. It was easy then, but then we had a lot of powerful help. Even the Senator of the state we lived in advocated to Immigration to assist us in the process. It cost us nothing at the time. The immigration lawyer liked us so much that he did not charge us, and referred us to the powerful Senator who asked the local immigration office to "take care of us". When immigration worked with us, they could not have been accommodating. I wish it could be like that now. The immigration officer that dealt with us, and it was one only, was the greatest guy who was married to a lady from Monterrey. We consider him like a Godfather to our girls.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
What the hell are you talking about? His mother brought him over when he was a kid! He didn't have any control over that.
Illegally and thats what caused the problem. Did you not read your own article? Goes back to what I said about somebody doing something stupid.

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
For what its worth this case is almost identical to to stepdaughters case except she didn't use a passport, she used her husbands sister's birth certificate to cross and got caught just after they married and was charged with lying to a federal officer. But in her case she is in the U.S. and is issued temporary residence and work permits. Just another case of stupidity.

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about? His mother brought him over when he was a kid! He didn't have any control over that.
Although that particular situation is sad....I believe the article said that he was 16...please don't try telling me that he was not aware of what his mother was doing.....

Last edited:

mis2810

Although that particular situation is sad....I believe the article said that he was 16...please don't try telling me that he was not aware of what his mother was doing.....
When I was 15 my parents moved to Arizona from New Jersey. Trust me, I didn't want to go - I gave my parents HELL. But, still, I went, I was kid - how was I going to survive? What choice did this kid have even if he knew what his mother was doing? Stay behind in Mexico?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
When I was 15 my parents moved to Arizona from New Jersey. Trust me, I didn't want to go - I gave my parents HELL. But, still, I went, I was kid - how was I going to survive? What choice did this kid have even if he knew what his mother was doing? Stay behind in Mexico?
You and your parents were not breaking federal laws to get to Az. He probably shouldn't have stayed in Mexico but unfortunatly 9 years later he has to pay the price for a decision his mother made.

mis2810

You and your parents were not breaking federal laws to get to Az. He probably shouldn't have stayed in Mexico but unfortunatly 9 years later he has to pay the price for a decision his mother made.
The point I'm trying to make is that even if he knew it was wrong and didn't want to go, what was he supposed to do???? Think about it, McFly!

The point I'm trying to make is that even if he knew it was wrong and didn't want to go, what was he supposed to do???? Think about it, McFly!
At 16 I'm sure there was an extended family he could have stayed with in Mexico....the point is, he was not a little child.....where he can claim ignorance....

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
It is not that simple. It is a lot of red tape. It's a lot of hurry up and wait. And it is expensive. I went throught the process with my wife almost 14 years ago. We finally hired an immigration lawyer to expediate the process and make it easiie. Also, I have had several deported people apply for jobs at the bar. None of them seemed like bad violent people and we hired one of them. One guy who has become my friend owned 2 auto body shops in California. He had been there for something like 20 years. I'm all for legal immigration, but that is just wrong.
Jim, I could have a long conversation about people that "dont seem like bad violent people" with you.Toby Jeffers the person that owned and built the Cameltoe Bar is an exellent example of this. His shenanigans resulted in beatings for Jessica and eventually the deaths of both of them last year. Your friend the garage guy with 20 years in Ca. Im just using him as an example and dont know his situation, only that he is deported. If he was in California for 20 years without any papers and just got caught he probably didn't commit any crimes. However if he had a green card or Permanent Resident Card (these are for life) you only need to renew them, There are only 2 ways for him to get deported 1. He forgot to renew the card (unlikely). 2. It takes a Felony for the government to start deportation proceedings. So there are 3 choices. P.S. I also would find it hard to believe that he could run 2 garages for 20 years without papers.

Last edited:
Jim, I could have a long conversation about people that "dont seem like bad violent people" with you.Toby Jeffers the person that owned and built the Cameltoe Bar is an exellent example of this. His shenanigans resulted in beatings for Jessica and eventually the deaths of both of them last year. Your friend the garage guy with 20 years in Ca. Im just using him as an example and dont know his situation, only that he is deported. If he was in California for 20 years without any papers and just got caught he probably didn't commit any crimes. However if he had a green card or Permanent Resident Card (these are for life) you only need to renew them, There are only 2 ways for him to get deported 1. He forgot to renew the card (unlikely). 2. It takes a Felony for the government to start deportation proceedings. So there are 3 choices. P.S. I also would find it hard to believe that he could run 2 garages for 20 years without papers.
WTF are you talking about????? Jessica died in an auto accident when she was driving drunk...which occurred often enough for her.....and yes, I did know her....she was a very nice person...except when she was drunk! Do you have some different information you would like to share????

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
WTF are you talking about????? Jessica died in an auto accident when she was driving drunk...which occurred often enough for her.....and yes, I did know her....she was a very nice person...except when she was drunk! Do you have some different information you would like to share????
Yes I do she had just left my wife and was not drunk. We can talk about it later Joe and you are right about her driving anybody that I cared about was banned from getting in the car with her, Drunk or not. Its easy to dismiss her death as a drunk accident but it goes alot deeper than that. They were both very volitile people. And thats WTF im talking about. Thanks

Last edited: