El Homeport(the fish rots from the head)Penasco Digital report

jerry

Well Known Member
Wow Jerry, somebody needs a nap! You're becoming quite the Penasco hater- I'll give you some melatonin
Miramar....not really....I like the place but don't lie to protect it like you boosters do..
Fact 1 the Homeport is stupid and doomed to failure.
Fact 2 The Puerto Penasco police department are crooked
Fact 3 Lukeville/Sonoyta is a nightmare crossing now...with anextra 4000 the morning of a cruise....oh I'm sure it will be fine

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Despite your scares, we stop in Sonoyta for tacos at El Serape for the best we have had, and there are good ones in Tucson!

Some might say your adjectives are about Las Dunas, and you too are an extreme booster of that area, but I find it beautiful also. Heck, their website is down, and it's just not what they promoted 20 years ago! We may not get huge cruise ships, but that's OK with me. I would love smaller cruisers

apricot

Well Known Member
Despite your scares, we stop in Sonoyta for tacos at El Serape for the best we have had, and there are good ones in Tucson!

Some might say your adjectives are about Las Dunas, and you too are an extreme booster of that area, but I find it beautiful also. Heck, their website is down, and it's just not what they promoted 20 years ago! We may not get huge cruise ships, but that's OK with me. I would love smaller cruisers
Where in Sonoyta is El Serape?

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
At the T, by VIP (old Circle K) go right, then immediate left. Best tacos! And tell Abel, the owner, hola, along with Gabbie, Raul, and Jesus. Abel has 3 kids, one is a doctor, one an engineer, and the other still in high school. He is a truly beautiful person, along with his wife, and both real sweet hearts.

Landshark

Well Known Member
At the T, by VIP (old Circle K) go right, then immediate left. Best tacos! And tell Abel, the owner, hola, along with Gabbie, Raul, and Jesus. Abel has 3 kids, one is a doctor, one an engineer, and the other still in high school. He is a truly beautiful person, along with his wife, and both real sweet hearts.
Their bowl of beans are great too!

jerry

Well Known Member
Hey I eat there too but that town is flat out ruled by the Memos and is horribly failing it's people and visitors....I am not really that much of a ST backer these days ( although the web site exists.. switched under the new management) plenty of people for me as it is and I fear to many more coming....

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Carnival is going to develop a terminal in Ensenada to add another stop for their ships, I don't know how this will affect the long struggling RP cruise port cluster.

jerry

Well Known Member
Carnival is going to develop a terminal in Ensenada to add another stop for their ships, I don't know how this will affect the long struggling RP cruise port cluster.
Can't wait till the grifter filled Sonoyta PD starts picking off cruisers blasting through town....should give us cover

jerry

Well Known Member
So at full speed that's a 70 hour trip on the 35 year old shitbuckets we most likely would see .. with the part North of Guaymas sort of dicey depth wise....

apricot

Well Known Member
http://www.azfamily.com/story/38088366/arizonas-cruise-port

Check out the comments below the article too: "The cruise line has already made arrangements for a temporary check in facility (the Civic Center) and will tender passengers to the ship for the first cruise "season," and is prepared to do so for as long as it takes for the facility to be finished." So the cruises will start before the port is finished.

jerry

Well Known Member
That is the same BS rendering they created 10 years ago I believe...a shore excursion to Copper Canyon? Might make everyone on board a little antsy waiting 4 days for the next port departure..

Grammanan

Kickin' ass, not taking names
So .... you are all on in "I'll believe when I see it!" mood about the privatization of the port? Or do you think this is credible?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
So .... you are all on in "I'll believe when I see it!" mood about the privatization of the port? Or do you think this is credible?
I believe it's credible that a lot more money will get poured into this project and magically disappear into somebody's pocket like the money before it. Call me an eternal optimist. <snicker>