Fans of rocky point event cancels, scapegoat sought

Yeah....you're right Russ....our own Kenny raised some issues on there....and now all of his posts have been deleted!!!

M

Michelle

Sounds like someone got in over her head and is now looking for a scapegoat.. Now with all the postings on facebook everyone is looking for another excuse to bash Rocky Point

You're right Michelle....this old pot stirrer has been staying out of the fray.....on FB.....definitely don't need the bad publicity this is generating for Penasco

M

Michelle

Imagine what is going to be said when nobody gets the money back I am sure it will be the bands, resort, or someone else's fault. I have seen this before in doing business with people who have no idea what it takes to do somthing like this

Is her site still up on FB? I can't find it anymore...but she may have deleted me......and I didn't even get into it with her....

Last edited:
Rosy...so if an American band plays in mexico they need an FM3?
If you're an electrician, plumber or poet...and you are coming to collect money for plying your trade in Mexico, you better have some legal status, just like those who travel north should have. Of course if they are coming to play for charity and not collecting $$$, then that is a different story, but the government still wants to know about it.

This was the last email I sent her until I woke up in the barrel today.

You ask how many people promote the community of Rocky Point using their own money and for FREE? Let me tell you that there are many of us who do just that. And those of us who are doing it correctly realize that we are more successful when we also support each other in the process.

Lack of commitment refers to anyone who says one thing and then changes track…completely ignoring the fact that they made a commitment. I’m a person who honors my word and I expect others to do likewise. When they don’t, that is a lack of commitment.

The economy has affected us all, so please put the violin away, Kelly. Keep in mind that you already got lots of free publicity for your event because we were under the mistaken impression that we were being included in your plans. Save yourself the money. That you think the $200 is worth more than what Russ and I brought to the event, then you were wrong. There is no need to convince you of this, as experience has shown me that time always tells.

You’ve had what…one, two events? And already you’ve managed to alienate a small army of local promoters and disappoint quite a few local businesses? Instead of wasting your energy being “offended”, perhaps you should examine the way your own reputation might interfere with your future efforts.

Rosie

Alright, Kenny. Now you have your answers. Those who have posted that this exchange has only done more harm are right, but the fact that I was accused of extortion, bullying, threatening and other nefarious acts forced me to defend myself. Well, those things lumped on top of my huge defensive streak.

And this poster prefers to remain anonymous

Subject: Former "fan of Rocky Point"
Rosie, I am very sorry to hear about what happened between you and Kelly. As you know, I was a former member of her team and learned a great deal about who Kelly actually is. I really wanted to let you and Russ in on what type of person she really is but slandering her name is not really in my nature. After I found out who she really was, I left the team immediately. I wanted no part of her prejudice, greedy, money hungry ways, or be a part of her blackmailing a director of a resort just to hold an event there. I hope everything else is going good for you and I'll see you soon. Keep up the great work you're doing on the radio show. I stream it every Saturday!

Kenny

Look, I asked Rosie straight forward if those were her quotes, because out of context and with the embellishments, it looked kind of, what was her word "threatening". Now I'd already read her post about quiting at that point, but Rosie's posting of those emails showed me right off that this lady was making them out to be something they weren't;and the fact that she said she never used Rosie's name as justification is just silly. We all knew!
I asked a few questions, and then at some point mentioned that I had read emails from her, and Rosie's response. She was quick to say that Rosie was notorious for changing emails to suite her needs. So I was quick to post where they could be found, and asked her let me know if they'd been changed. That was the beginning of the end. She did a little dance, and I posted where the emails could be found, and the thread. Some one asked one more question about the emails, I assumed they'd read them here, and that's when the lights went out.
Oh, she did post Websters definition of "threat", after I mentioned that might have been a bad choice of word's, or something to that effect,LOL but of course without her embellishments.

Last edited:

Kenny

OH! Jerry posted on there that this was as bad as West Side Story or something like that, and it should be worked out. He even offered to put up $50 bucks toward Rosie's fee. And you wonder why he's my friend? LOL

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I love love love the word "nefarious"

Alright, Kenny. Now you have your answers. Those who have posted that this exchange has only done more harm are right, but the fact that I was accused of extortion, bullying, threatening and other nefarious acts forced me to defend myself. Well, those things lumped on top of my huge defensive streak.

OH! Jerry posted on there that this was as bad as West Side Story or something like that, and it should be worked out. He even offered to put up $50 bucks toward Rosie's fee. And you wonder why he's my friend? LOL
Hey Jerry! Feel free to send the $50 and I'll emcee the next thing...any thing you want.