La Curva

La Curva Rocks! I've eaten there at least 10 times, yet I always manage to get lost on the way there... :geek:

The food is always first rate, and the service is fantastic.
The place is easy to find....instead of taking Calle 13 to the beach (and the titty bars), take it in the other direction...when you get to the T in the road (and angled T), turn left ...if you go right, you'll hit Numeros.

They do make good margaritas (you have to specify the "cadillac" as my buddy Sub would say).....I believe it's made with Hornitos....

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
The place is easy to find....instead of taking Calle 13 to the beach (and the titty bars), take it in the other direction...when you get to the T in the road (and angled T), turn left ...if you go right, you'll hit Numeros.

They do make good margaritas (you have to specify the "cadillac" as my buddy Sub would say).....I believe it's made with Hornitos....

Oh, I know.... the place is on the only diagonal road in town- it should be as easy to find as Grand Ave in Phoenix...

Maybe what I need to do is wait until AFTER I arrive at the restaurant to have my margaritas, instead of having them before I set out..:cheers:
Fully agree on the Cadillac Margarita- that's a good one.

I also think La Curva serves the best Mexican shrimp cocktail in town. They cook the shrimp fresh when you order it, and the warm shrimp in the cold Clamato juice give it a unique character... very tasty.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
If you want American, they have it. Try ordering in spanish. Our meals are always authentic. Very few dissapointments in 25+ years
I been there twice, one with Chuck, Val, Sub and girlsfriend and my family, I spoke in english because of them and the mexican food I ordered was BAD.
The second time, we gave it another try since many of you, americans, swear by it, only that this time I spoke in spanish and did not make an iota? of difference and the quality of the food was still BAD, the service was top notch, however that will not make me go back again, to each is own, in my book La Curva's mexican food is bad, as well as the americanised mexican food, which is even worse....IMHO :eek3: and ordering in spanish or english does not make a difference, is you are basing your food expertise on that I think somewhere you are mistaken!!

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
I been there twice, one with Chuck, Val, Sub and girlsfriend and my family, I spoke in english because of them and the mexican food I ordered was BAD.
The second time, we gave it another try since many of you, americans, swear by it, only that this time I spoke in spanish and did not make an iota? of difference and the quality of the food was still BAD, the service was top notch, however that will not make me go back again, to each is own, in my book La Curva's mexican food is bad, as well as the americanised mexican food, which is even worse....IMHO :eek3: and ordering in spanish or english does not make a difference, is you are basing your food expertise on that I think somewhere you are mistaken!!
Maybe the cooks don't like you...Like I say my wife got so upset one time she will never go back.
Hey lets put it this way. If someone said Lets go eat at The curve or Flavios I know your standards are very HIGH What would it be?

Last edited:

Roberto

To repeat myself, the food is marginal and the atmosphere sucks. Yes the people are nice, but you could be eating in a warehouse in downton Dallas. Given a choice I'll take marginal food with some atmosphere any day. Good food and good atmosphere is best, but somehow hard for me to find what I like.

dmcauley

My remark was a joke! I myself and my wife cannot stand Peruvian food but that doesn't say if it's really good or bad. My wife thinks its great and she is a native to the area. We usually eat on the streets as this is the real flavor of Mexico but trips to the different restaraunts is nice, We have tried just about everywhere and we like a lot of different items on the menu. The folks I have recomended this to always like it. Each to his own opinion, but no reason to slam a good place to eat. I eat at a place for the food and service myself.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
My remark was a joke!*I myself and my wife cannot stand Peruvian food but that doesn't say if it's really good or bad. My wife thinks its great and she is a native to the area. We usually eat on the streets as this is the real flavor of Mexico but trips to the different restaraunts is nice, We have tried just about everywhere and we like a lot of different items on the menu. The folks I have recomended this to always like it. Each to his own opinion, but no reason to slam a good place to eat. I eat at a place for the food and service myself.
*So what is it, does she or does she not like peruvian food?, or you mean she a native of the area in Mexico?

So if my opinion about a restaurant offended you, then do not read what I wrote about it, like you say if it was a joke then do not take it personal, I am not talking about you, I am giving my opinion about a restaurant, just like everybody else is doing in this thread, I believe it is title "Restaurant Reviews"
My personal opinion about "La Curva' is that it is the worst?sp mexican restaurant I have eaten in Mexico and for those that want the real mexican food then they are better off going somewhere else. (is this last sentence consider slander, news or opinion, probably we should ask Grim)
The same goes for any countries food, some may like it some may not and that is just a matter of taste, believe me being peruvian does not mean I like all peruvian food, there are some dishes that really SUCK.
Now, let me clarify for you dm, it is my opinion about the restaurant not you!! I would like to get to know you before I say anything about you :eek3: maybe that is why you will not see my opinion on places or things I do not know, and I am not joking!!
By the way if you think I am slandering the place for saying their food is BAD, how do I need to present my opinion? at least I am mentioning the top notch service, however that does not make a restaurant GOOD, food and service are two very different things in the dictionary (not that I needed to open the book and read the meaning of those two words to verify that), what dictionary are you using?
dm this is my opinion about the whole affair: "sobre gustos y colores, no han dicho nada los escritores"

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Maybe the cooks don't like you...Like I say my wife got so upset one time she will never go back.
Hey lets put it this way. If someone said Lets go eat at The curve or Flavios I know your standards are very HIGH What would it be?
I am not saying my standarts are very high, I went and I will go over and over to any taco stand, or sonora dog stand before I put my feet in La Curva, I enjoy a good plate of food in a place with dirt floors and flies than a good looking restaurant that the food suck ( in general not meaning last sentence for La Curva), as a matter of fact 'The Friendly Dolphin" has plates that are horrible, however the mayority of their food is great, and the same goes for the taco stand in the corner of Pink Cadillac, their carne asada tacos rock but their brain tacos suck and it is the same for many places but La Curva, for a seafood place that over cooks fish or shrimp should not be categories as GOOD or even MARGINAL or must take in consideration that that people eating their food and likes it must not know about seafood!! :eek3:
Playa that is my opinion about food not you, sorry Kenny pocked you in the eye!!

Last edited:

dmcauley

Whoa friend. Sorry about my bad grammar and your dislikes. I know a bit about sea food and I know it is easy to overcook also. To set the record straight, my wife likes La Curva and I like to joke and generally don't give a rats' behind if someone gets it or not. I was repling to Roberto and to tell the truth, since they opened the taco stand across the street from La Curva, I have been eating there more often than the latter. Since I left Boston many years ago I have had to lower my standards on seafood just as I need to accept pizza for what it is on this coast. Hay te watcho amigo.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I am not saying my standarts are very high, I went and I will go over and over to any taco stand, or sonora dog stand before I put my feet in La Curva, I enjoy a good plate of food in a place with dirt floors and flies than a good looking restaurant that the food suck ( in general not meaning last sentence for La Curva), as a matter of fact 'The Friendly Dolphin" has plates that are horrible, however the mayority of their food is great, and the same goes for the taco stand in the corner of Pink Cadillac, their carne asada tacos rock but their brain tacos suck and it is the same for many places but La Curva, for a seafood place that over cooks fish or shrimp should not be categories as GOOD or even MARGINAL or must take in consideration that that people eating their food and likes it must not know about seafood!! :eek3:
Playa that is my opinion about food not you, sorry Kenny pocked you in the eye!!
Ink has an "opinion" and opinions cannot be right or wrong. We all have differing tastes...he doesn't like what he has tasted there, some have, no one is right or wrong, just their own tastes. He is right, some food is good, some is bad...depends....not something to fight about.:cheers:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Whoa friend. Sorry about my bad grammar and your dislikes. I know a bit about sea food and I know it is easy to overcook also. To set the record straight, my wife likes La Curva and I like to joke and generally don't give a rats' behind if someone gets it or not. I was repling to Roberto and to tell the truth, since they opened the taco stand across the street from La Curva, I have been eating there more often than the latter. Since I left Boston many years ago I have had to lower my standards on seafood just as I need to accept pizza for what it is on this coast. Hay te watcho amigo.
Let see, you say that you were repliying to Roberto's comment, how come his comment come after your joking comment? obviuosly not only your grammar needs attention but your reading comprehention too, and as you say if you do not give a rats a$$ why do you take it personally!! :eek3:

So here we go again, I am going to use Stuart's saying: "opinions are like culos, everybody has one and they all stinck?sp"
If you go around taking everybodies opinion personally you will have a heart attack sooner than later, and please if you are going to make a joke at least make it funny!! or find another hobby!!! wha, wha, wha

dm, if you read my signature you will see that I, too, do not give a rats a$$, however that does not mean that I go around questioning peoples opinions, I just take them as such, as an opinion, and do not let it rule my world!! have a shot of tequila y calmate compadre!!

M y T, thanks for taking my opinion as such and not personally, maybe dm will understand your english better about the matter, since for me english is a second language

Last edited:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Hey, talk about cooking seafood...the recipe that La Huerita has on her website, Rocky Point Tides, for shrimp in garlic sauce is the best...especially if you follow the "tips" it is excellent!!!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I have tried a few of her recipies and let me tell you my opinion, they are to die for, specially the mexican hot chocolate in a cold afternoon watching the Sea of Cortez as the sun goes down, godadamit! can wait till friday!!!! :pinkie:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I have tried a few of her recipies and let me tell you my opinion, they are to die for, specially the mexican hot chocolate in a cold afternoon watching the Sea of Cortez as the sun goes down, godadamit! can wait till friday!!!! :pinkie:
I'm gonna have to find that one... sounds like it would be great in the minus degree weather we can get up here!

Kenny

"don't be sorry, be careful"

Come on Ink, don't get him started again.:roll:

Anyway, dad says, "don't be sorry, be careful", and if you guy's aren't careful, this thread is going over to the rants

and raves section.

Last edited:

Roberto

DM seza; "no reason to slam a good place to eat."

Sorry if my post had that impact, it's just my opinion, I didn't think I was ranting about the details , just the big picture. You have your opinion and I have mine.