La Curva

dmcauley

I guess maybe my opinion sounded too personal. Sorry to any I may have offended!! I have had bad meals at a lot of restaraunts in Mexico but always willing to try something new.

Capone's blows these away. La Curva is very good and very consistent. lolita's is a joke. It's like eating in a gymnasium with cafeteria food. It's cheap because you get what you pay for. Have fun in Balboa's, I waited 30 mins for food and was the only soul in the place.

playaperro

El Pirata
Capone's blows these away. La Curva is very good and very consistent. lolita's is a joke. It's like eating in a gymnasium with cafeteria food. It's cheap because you get what you pay for. Have fun in Balboa's, I waited 30 mins for food and was the only soul in the place.
Yea burros at capone's how much fifty bucks plus tip...:rofl:

rplarry

Hands down, regardless of some strong views, La Curva serves some of the most consistently, tasty food in town. Their green burro is excellent, the drunken shrimp great, the flounder plate with rice and steamed veggies cannot be beat. Chicken enchiladas with green sauce and crema are excellent as well. The Colorado burrito is huge and very good. Another huge factor with a lot of sit down restaurants in Penasco is the quality(or lack thereof) of the salsa they serve. La Curva has a chunky red salsa that is awesome. Additionally, they have a green salsa/hot sauce that is not readily served, but always available if requested. Has some great flavor and some serious 'zipp' to it...... La Curva also serves complimentary chips covered with ranchera sauce, and crema, before every meal. And, do NOT miss out on the deep fried ice cream with strawberry sauce for desert!! Great for splitting after dinner.

Have NEVER had a bad meal at La Curva and have easily have eaten there 150+ times. Oh, almost forgot, the mexican style eggs with beans & tortillas are fantastic for breakfast!

The ambiance is what it is. Nothing fancy or with a view. The service and the folks who work there (most for 5-10+ years) is what makes La Curva extra special. Not too mention the absolute best margarita in town!! I have referred dozens of friends to La Curva over the years and have never had anyone say anything other than they loved it and it became a staple for them when visiting Penasco.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I love Lolita's. I have been eating there since it was the Cocina Economica. I have never had bad food in all these years.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
RPLarry - Another dedicated La Curva fan, like myself. I could of written those exact same words. When you become a La Curva regular, you're part of their familia. We have been for years and it's always nice to be greeted with a warm hug and sincere smiles every time we return. They do a great job preparing the fresh fish we catch. Although I've tried many things on the menu, my standard meal there is a Mexican style shrimp cocktail and three enchiladas. The wife always has the carne asada. Hard to mess with perfection.

rplarry

RPLarry - Another dedicated La Curva fan, like myself. I could of written those exact same words. When you become a La Curva regular, you're part of their familia. We have been for years and it's always nice to be greeted with a warm hug and sincere smiles every time we return. They do a great job preparing the fresh fish we catch. Although I've tried many things on the menu, my standard meal there is a Mexican style shrimp cocktail and three enchiladas. The wife always has the carne asada. Hard to mess with perfection.

Absolutely Stuart!

Thanks for the tip on La Curva preparing the fish I catch. Have done that with the various restuarants down on the Melecon (and in the old days over at the Villa Granada Hotel), however didn't even think about it at La Curva. I bet they can make up some killer Corvina plates! :grin:

La Curva is a must try if you've never been. It is definitely a family owned type of feel with great food! I make it a point to go every time I'm in town and can't wait to pay them a visit this weekend!

playaperro

El Pirata
Lolitas for us

We like Lolitas better, maybe if they remodel La curva do something, fix the falling down ceiling, new tables, this cash cow is going down hill...

Last edited:
A

adcs

Capones.....hangout for many of the local retirees.....the food is up and down....sometimes the pizza is great, sometimes it is just about as good as Pizzahut!!! The habenera wings.....are HOT!!!! If you can eat more than 5-6, you're a better man then I am!! :lol: :lol: Does anyone know if the obnoxious/SOB of a bartender is gone????[/QUOTE]

For me since Jose is the cook at capones it is pretty consistent. They have the best wings in town, and there are so many different flavors to choose from some hot some sweet some semi spicy ect. I am not sure what bartender you are talking about but they are nice guys inmy opinion.

A

adcs

Reggies has the worse burritos in town. If you want a really good burro you need to go to the road that rosy's is on forget what it is called revolucion or no reeleccion, but go past the train tracks , and on the left hand side across from the plaza where el catorce is next to the oxxo there is the best burrito stand in Penasco.They have regular carne asda burritos but they put beans and fresh avocado in them. They also have the best carne con chile burros also.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
What are you talkin' about, dog? I was in Lolita's in November and did not notice any construction issues..........

playaperro

El Pirata
Are you drinking again, just kidding I was talking about la curva it ceiling is falling down....

Last edited: