Labor Day Weekend

La hefe ha hablado and she said "we are not going down there in that heat and humidity" and you know when the hefe spaaks like that, it shal be.
I was realy looking forward to this. I sure hope it is so sucessful that you do another when it is cooler. Then she will be happy to be there.
To all who go, have a great time and help provide a little extra happiness for the children .
Thanks Bill we will do it again when it cools down... Jim wants to make it a regular event... I'll shoot a video so you'll be able to see how it turns out...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Actually, it's La Jefa.

Mark, mom didn't find any tricycles at her second hand shop today either. We will collect them from now on for your next race. It's hit and miss at the second hand store, you know. But when you find them, the price is right. I'll buy them as my donation to you for the next time. And I promise to come then, hurricane, heat, whatever.

Chari

P

Penasco Pirate

I'm picking mine up manana...anyone else need/want one? Call me before 2 pm and I'll hook it up. Matt

Actually, it's La Jefa.

Mark, mom didn't find any tricycles at her second hand shop today either. We will collect them from now on for your next race. It's hit and miss at the second hand store, you know. But when you find them, the price is right. I'll buy them as my donation to you for the next time. And I promise to come then, hurricane, heat, whatever.

Chari
Well Thank You Ladyjeeper or La Jefa... I will be looking forward to the next time...:grin:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Mark,
The La Jefa correction was for Playa Perro. I am Ladyjeeper. Sorry for the confusion.
Chari aka Ladyjeeper

Just a Reminder

:usa: Saturday is Race Day :mexico:

Race Day: Saturday Sept. 5, 2009 First Race 7:00 PM
Pre-race activities and test laps will begin at noon

There is a $10.00 entry fee for all racers... all contestants will receive a Camel Toe Cantina Can Coozie

Jim has pledged to the Adopt-A-Classroom of Rocky Point, a very generous percentage of the gross intake from sales while the races are in progess... so the longer we race and the more we drink the bigger the donation for the kids...

First Prize... is a 2 night stay at Playa Inn Hotel and a Bottle of Mickeys Tequilla, a Camel Toe Cantina T-Shirt

Second Prize.. Choice of a Bottle of Peach Absolute Vodka or Bottle of Mickeys Tequilla and a Camel Toe Cantina T-Shirt

Third Prize... The remaining Bottle from above and a Camel Toe Cantina T-Shirt

only one prize per racer... so you'll need your own room to passout in... if you win second or third place...

if you'll take a look at my hi-tech illustrations below they layout the track... the first oval (yes that's an oval) will be the first lap, the X is the starting point and you will run counter clockwise...

after coming out of corner 4 of the oval (passing start) you will cross into the infield and then begin to do 3 figure 8 laps as seen in the second diagram, the racer will be required to make a pitstop at the X mark before entering corner three on all 3 of the final laps...

........... ______
start x_(______)

PitStop. x ___ .___
............(___X___)

Depending on how many people decide to participate will be the deciding factor in how many races and classes (boy, girl, young, and younger) we will have...

Any Questions? If you are planning to race please send me a private message or post it here so we can begin to get an idea of how many races and classes we will be running...

All donations of school supplies will be greatly appreciated as well...

and a BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL...

Last edited:
I have a question for all that are planning to donate or be involved in this event for our charity.

I know that our name is Adopt-A-Classroom of Rocky Point... but after seeing the destruction caused by Jiminea down in San Carlos, would there be any objection if we steered some or all of the donations to help out the children of San Carlos/Guymas?

If there are no objections I would contact my friend Mark who is involved with CastAwayKids and work something out...

Seadweller
I just sent an E-Mail to my daughter who lives in that general area and ask her to check it out. I am not even sure sure if Carson is close to them or if this is something they can do. If they can get it I will drive down there and pick it up and bring it back to Casa Grande. Then possibly someone going to guymas can take it on down.

I guess I am a little ass backwards this am. Below is what I was talking about to Seadweller. It is on the CastAwayKids site for San Carlos.

PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT FOR GUAYMAS?

Do you happen to live within driving distance of Carson, California, or know
someone who does? Castaway Kids would love to have your help in removing some
playground equipment that otherwise will be going to a landfill! If you're able to help,
please contact [email protected] Thanks!

I forgot to say that even though I am not able to participate in this I feel it would be fine to help San Carlos
Not a problem Bill I appreciate your input... I'm hoping we get a good crowd and plenty of participation in the races to be able to raise some funds to send to them...

the biggest problem would be electrical... if they have no power I would not be able to transfer funds electronically, or they wouldn't have a way to access the funds until power is restored...