Labor Day Weekend

P

Penasco Pirate

I haven't gotten any yet. Monday will be the pick up. I am still open to picking up trikes from who ever can't make it. Please call me so we can set something up. I'm furiously fabbing on my golfcart, trying to get it finished for Labor day also. So I'm not going to town this weekend at all.

What about T-day Trike races, too? We come down every Thanksgiving, a race would be a blast then!

I'm going to talk to Manny Jr. (of Manny's fame) and get a bottle of tequila from him as a prize, too.

What do you guys like... Blanco, Reposado, Anejo and or a flavored tequila?

'Black Widow'? If it's who I think it is...we know it as 'Latigo Negro'...the Black Whip!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Pirate....a photo of the Black Widow is posted on here...I even put it up, just don't remember which thread....

I picked up one of those Harbor Freight trikes (had a 20% off coupon)....just have to figure out if I'm coming down or not....decisions....decisions...decisions... Pirate, I'll be in touch if I need you to take it down....

If Jim is able to store the trikes, I vote for holding on to them to see if more money can be raised on some of the other holidays....Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years....

P

Penasco Pirate

Sounds good to me (the storage part) RPJ...just give me a ring, I'll be ready. Leaving Thursday sometime.

If Jim is able to store the trikes, I vote for holding on to them to see if more money can be raised on some of the other holidays....Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years....
(Chicks on Trikes Day... that's a holiday in mexico guys... really)

RPJ... I agree we can hold more events and raise more $$$.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
If that is the case then we should think about building some trikes that will fit adults a bit better but still keeping the trike look!!! and then donate the little trike to the kids!!!

If that is the case then we should think about building some trikes that will fit adults a bit better but still keeping the trike look!!! and then donate the little trike to the kids!!!
That's a good idea as well... anyway I'm planning on trying to make this an annual event for the Adopt-A-Classroom... so what ever it takes I plan on working at it and truly appreciate all the help I've received so far...

"When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme."
- Jiminy Cricket, from Pinochio

Hey, I wonder if those Harbor Freight trikes will take a "lift kit"???? :lol:

heat it, beat it, smack it and tack it... have metal will fabricate... been there done that too... I was looking at BMX frames and thinking of spreading the tail and welding on some sort of rear axle... they'd be rear wheel drive so we could pull wheelies and maybe put in some jumps and maybe some technical stuff... wait I got a couple of mountain bikes to do that with...

but seriously those BMX bikes have like 18" wheels so in the front that would be great... could use some hand truck wheels for the rear...

anybody down here with a welder and torch could do it...

I was over at my mom's in the SunCity area, and saw a couple of those adult trikes...they're crazy prices....like $450!!!! Yikes!!!

I haven't gotten any yet. Monday will be the pick up. I am still open to picking up trikes from who ever can't make it. Please call me so we can set something up. I'm furiously fabbing on my golfcart, trying to get it finished for Labor day also. So I'm not going to town this weekend at all.

What about T-day Trike races, too? We come down every Thanksgiving, a race would be a blast then!

I'm going to talk to Manny Jr. (of Manny's fame) and get a bottle of tequila from him as a prize, too.

What do you guys like... Blanco, Reposado, Anejo and or a flavored tequila?

'Black Widow'? If it's who I think it is...we know it as 'Latigo Negro'...the Black Whip!!!
I finally found the pic....Black Widow...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I was over at my mom's in the SunCity area, and saw a couple of those adult trikes...they're crazy prices....like $450!!!! Yikes!!!
If you look how simple the HB or JD trikes are you can build those any day, just adjust the front forks, make them a little longer, for the legs and give it a "chopper" look, very easily achived and just buy the tires from HB, they have different sizes, for less than $100 you can have a custom build trike and mix parts from a BMX bike if you want a rear drive!!!

That girly man looks scary!!! :eek3:

Last edited:
Jim/Seadweller....is this going to turn into a hurricance watch? I haven't been down there for the previous hurricanes...but has the town lost power when there were sustained high winds?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh yeah,
Eduardo knocked everything out for 2 days in '76 but that was 33 years ago and they have upgraded their equipment since then. I don't remember Nora knocking the power out for more than a few hours.

Oh yeah,
Eduardo knocked everything out for 2 days in '76 but that was 33 years ago and they have upgraded their equipment since then. I don't remember Nora knocking the power out for more than a few hours.
I used to bring a portable generator down with me "in the good old days"...particualrly during the monsoons...the power would go out when the transformers arced at night from the humidity! If I go down, I'll definitely bring it along!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah,
We used to watch for the brisa to come in and then go up on the sundeck to watch the 2 transformers in Miramar blow up. When you have Pacifico, anything is entertaining!:mrgreen:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Yeah,
We used to watch for the brisa to come in and then go up on the sundeck to watch the 2 transformers in Miramar blow up. When you have Pacifico, anything is entertaining!:mrgreen:

True that! I am ready for the no power but rainy weekend!:razz:

La hefe ha hablado and she said "we are not going down there in that heat and humidity" and you know when the hefe spaaks like that, it shal be.
I was realy looking forward to this. I sure hope it is so sucessful that you do another when it is cooler. Then she will be happy to be there.
To all who go, have a great time and help provide a little extra happiness for the children .

playaperro

El Pirata
La hefe ha hablado and she said "we are not going down there in that heat and humidity" and you know when the hefe spaaks like that, it shal be.
I was realy looking forward to this. I sure hope it is so sucessful that you do another when it is cooler. Then she will be happy to be there.
To all who go, have a great time and help provide a little extra happiness for the children .
Hey Bill you spell by the sound of the word, you must know some spanish.

Its La Jeffa, It was cold this morning in Tucson so I think things will be just fine Sat in penasco.