Labor Day Weekend

Hey Guys! Remember me? The Tourism & Visitor Assistance office is open, and I'm working on this week's paper, so I've been a bit distracted. Bill Hale, I don't think you need to be "official" to give me a heads up if something is in the works. Thanks for thinking of me...

Huerita, if I can reprint your article, that would make it easier (It's great, by the way). I can get some prizes donated and maybe more trikes. Also, will cover the event and put some good pics up of the fun and the winners.

What I need from you all is a list of sponsors/contributors so we give them the proper mentions. Pirate, I've lifted your ad, by the way.

Mark, I'll take some pics off your website, okay?

Lastly, remember that we're still collecting plastic bottles for the recycling campaign to benefit UNIDEP. I can arrange pickup if you get bottles for me!

Noticed you have the Young Uns and the Old Farts. What about Women Who Still Have it In Them? Or Broads on Bikes? Cycling Cuties?
Rosy you do what-ever it takes to get the word out, when it comes to the kids... Jim and I will be meeting Friday to put this all together as far as prizes, entry fees (donations) and race rules... we will get the results to all that of you with websites that would like to post the info...

I think this is really cool how we can all get together and organize this event on such short notice... you're all awesome...

Last edited:
I sent a notice to '[email protected]' about the Trike Races for Charity. I don't think my hubby and I can go, but it sounds like a great cause and a lot of fun!
thanks MIRAMAR for passing on the info... it's sad that you don't think you'll be able to attend, but I'm sure we'll get plenty of coverage (photos and video) that you'll almost feel like you were there...

P

Penasco Pirate

I CAN'T WAIT!!! The guy who made the flyers put them up on his 'myspace' just don't know where his space is:?!!!!

Jim, next event let me know and I'll get your graphics for him to tinker with.

P

Penasco Pirate

There is an update coming on the flyers... Seadweller asked if I could make the change to say Adopt-A-Classroom of Rocky Point. I'll update my post as soon as I get the email from my buddy.

Would somebody (I nominate Bill Hale) make sure it gets forwarded to me, since I'm going to be buried in getting the RPNO out? I thank you in advance! Jim, if you guys are meeting tomorrow...would love to talk to you anyway, and should be done with the paper by then!

Just my two cents, but maybe if he's changing the flyer, he can add the word "Cantina," as the bar's name is Camel Toe Cantina. Also, sounds less like a strip bar that way.

Oh, and the address or just a brief sentence on the bar's location. Maybe the Web site address plus a tiny map. AND, which day and what are the times this is going down? It's a three-day weekend, ya know? I know you're supposed to be on "Mexico Time," but vacationers still have plans, sunset cruises, who knows what.

Just my two cents, but maybe if he's changing the flyer, he can add the word "Cantina," as the bar's name is Camel Toe Cantina. Also, sounds less like a strip bar that way.

Oh, and the address or just a brief sentence on the bar's location. Maybe the Web site address plus a tiny map. AND, which day and what are the times this is going down? It's a three-day weekend, ya know? I know you're supposed to be on "Mexico Time," but vacationers still have plans, sunset cruises, who knows what.
Great points GZ... Jim and I are getting together tomorrow (friday) to put all that together (as far as time date and prizes)...

as for the website links they are www.CamelToeCantina.net and www.RockyPointClassroom.com

Well, that and, heh...As it stands, CAMEL TOE TRICYCLE RACE sounds like, hey, chicks are going to squat in bikinis on trikes, and guess what happens next?

Change it for the children! :)

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I think what gringozona means is that what will happen is most guys will bend over to take a peek, as drunk as they will be, they all will fall over and their arsses will stick up showing their plumers crack!! :eek3:

P

Penasco Pirate

I'll try to get a link to the bar's site...prolly the best I can do. I will have him change the name, too.

well if I knew it would bring in money for the kids... I'll strip... but you may want to pay me to keep my clothes on :eek3:

Race day

OK... Jim and I, along with the company of Rosie have had our meeting and here's the rules and stuff...

Race Day: Saturday Sept. 5, 2009 First Race 7:00 PM
Pre-race activities and test laps will begin at noon

There is a $10.00 entry fee for all racers... all contestants will receive a Camel Toe Cantina Can Coozie

Jim has pledged to the Adopt-A-Classroom of Rocky Point, a very generous percentage of the gross intake from sales while the races are in progess...

First Prize... is a 2 night stay at Playa Inn Hotel and a Camel Toe Cantina T-Shirt

Second Prize.. Bottle of Peach Absolute Vodka and a Camel Toe Cantina T-Shirt

Third Prize... Bottle of Mickeys Tequilla and a Camel Toe Cantina T-Shirt

only one prize per racer... so you'll need your own room to passout in... if you win second or third place...

if you'll take a look at my hi-tech illustrations below they layout the track... the first oval (yes that's an oval) will be the first lap, the X is the starting point and you will run counter clockwise...

after coming out of corner 4 of the oval (passing start) you will cross into the infield and then begin to do 3 figure 8 laps as seen in the second diagram, the racer will be required to make a pitstop at the X mark before entering corner three on all 3 of the final laps...

........... ______
start x_(______)

PitStop x ___ .___
............(___X___)

Depending on how many people decide to participate will be the deciding factor in how many races and classes (boy, girl, young, and younger) we will have...

Any Questions? If you are planning to race please send me a private message or post it here so we can begin to get an idea of how many races and classes we will be running...

All donations of school supplies will be greatly appreciated as well...

and a BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL...

Last edited:

Kenny

sandbagging

Oh man, I can see people sandbagging for second place right now.. Maybe even third, I hear Mickeys Tequila is addictive.