Labor Day Weekend

If this is to be a public thing it needs to be listed in Rosies paper on the events calendar. I did not do it as I felt someone in charge needs to make the determination.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Snicker!!!!:lol::razz: Oh, I can just see you riding this, Joe! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Gasp! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! The mental picture! Stop, I can't breathe! hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh!:mrgreen:

Snicker!!!!:lol::razz: Oh, I can just see you riding this, Joe! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Gasp! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! The mental picture! Stop, I can't breathe! hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh!:mrgreen:
Actually...it would probably be hilarious...I'd fall off! If you know how to ride a bike (yes, there are people who don't), then those big trikes are a bugger to ride. You're trying to balance yourself, and you don't need to, so you overcompensate and fall over. Years ago when my mom moved out to one of those retirement communitiies, we went looking for a bicycle for her...she tried a trike, and said "NO WAY".....I didn't believe her about it, and tried riding one myself...and almost fell over!

Joe the consumption of alchohol will have counter-balancing effect... so you may just weeble and wobble but you won't fall down... (maybe)

Kenny

Kenny, it is exactly the same as that one, paint is a little faded plus the trailer, I went to Harbor Freight to get a hitch and found a tricycle just like the John Deere but red!!!

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=tricycle&Submit=Go

Sixty buck and HF has a coupon for 20% off for those loking for a brand new donations!!!
Thanks Mark, I know the kids from the school will love it, after the races of course!!! :eek3:
I found one John Deere like your's for $124 bucks!! I never did see the trailer anywhere though.

Jim

I like the Harbor Freight one. I'll buy one. I think we can get by with 4 per heat. What do you think Mark? Maybe we can still pull this thing off.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
My mom volunteers her time at her church thrift store. I'll ask her to look this week. If we find anything, is there someone going down from Phoenix that can take them? It's just too friggin hot for me altho it's really tempting just to see all you guys doing this!:mrgreen: Maybe I'll change my mind but in case I don't, someone will have to pick them up. Joe, you are going, aren't you? I could meet you at Sam's.

I like the Harbor Freight one. I'll buy one. I think we can get by with 4 per heat. What do you think Mark? Maybe we can still pull this thing off.
Hey you don't need to spend big bucks to do this it's just an idea and we can work at it... if it doesn't happen we can all still get together and maybe you can see who can roll me the farthest or something... but $50.00 is a bit pricey to be acting childish...
I'm all for this... but remember what I said earlier about spending big bucks... (see above) 4 per heat would be great, and yes we can still pull this off... big thanks in advance to all that participate and donate... you're all top notch in my book...

Last edited:
Ladyjeeper....if you find a trike, let me know...we'll figure out some way to get it down. I want to go...I'm planning on going...but....stuff happens....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah, I'm thinking about it now, too. My friend said, "well, you can be hot here or hot in Mexico, which would you prefer?" I guess she has a point. I'll let everybody know if I find one(some) and if I'm going or not.

I found this ad at the Harbor Freight Tools web site. If anyone wants to go in, I'd buy one and bring any others down with me. They would come in a box, so sneaking them across the border would be easy and they have air filled tires for those dirt tracks (ha, ha!).

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=37292

Inka...you beat me to the punch! Anyone else maybe interested?
Hey Pirate....is that item available at your local store? I checked mine and they didn't have it. Or, are you ordering it over the net? If so, how long for delivery?

P

Penasco Pirate

I'll check today. The store I called is at Gilbert and Southern. They had some when I called, not sure now. If anyone wants to call and put one on their card, in my name...I'll pick them up. I gotta call a guy today about a used one, too. Apache Junction isn't far from me either, maybe they have some, too? Call me ASAP if you want to set something up, I'm in town everyday except weekends.

Mesa 1-800-908-6657
Apache Junction 480-354-1593
Tempe 480-491-5756

There are stores in Tucson as well and a few more in the valley, I just won't be able to hit them all.