Looking to work in PP any ideas? (serious question)

Roberto

The big negative for offering assisted living in Mexico for US folk is health care. Medicade will not pay down here. Go for the olive oil !!

I love the idea of "water taxi's" to/from Malecon / Sandy Beach. We've taken advantage of those in Vancouver Canada to go to /from Granville Island. I also think a shrimp/seafood delivery service to the beach. If a couple of the vendors could sell shrimp from coolers on a boat, I'd be buying, rather than taking the trip into town.

jerry

I think a upholstery shop that advertised in Phoenix,took the down payment up there then farmed the jobs out to Penasco and better yet Caborca shops would be a money maker...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Maybe you could be an Economics teacher and educate the population on the importance of competition in the market place. Maybe some other simple business practices like customer service, not ripping off your customer, moving inventory. Maybe teach them about market equilibrium, how price meets demand. Teach them how following these principles will in the long run benefit them with sustainable business and profitable income.

BootNHat

I think some really good mechanic should specialize in repair and service ONLY of VW buggies, ATV's, and golf carts. But you better be good.

BTW, can anyone recommend someone to work on a VW buggy?

jerry

I think some really good mechanic should specialize in repair and service ONLY of VW buggies, ATV's, and golf carts. But you better be good.

If you need the frame rebuilt Jesus Maria in Santo Tomas is great at repairing rust damaged atv'...this is a side job but he can use the companies equipment so it has a to happen on his days off....I can arrange a meeting around thanksgiving

Last edited:

jerry

New idea...setup a workshop to make higher end tourist stuff..superior panga models.....useful objects with a Mexican touch......then hire your own sales team

InkaRoads

cronopiador

There are a few really good mechanics, however it all depends in the relation that you have with them, for example while I run the shuttle I used Baja 1000, for me they did great work, never had to go back for repair or fix in a job they have already done and they were always on time or early to return my vehicle done and ready for the road, however I have heard a couple people complain about their work, go figure must be that I am bilingual and communication is perfect!!

When it comes to motorcycles, ATVs and I believe he also does UTVs (polaris, etc.) Thor, he is located on Calle 13 across from Sushi Sun, really good he even helped me get that very expensive part for my quad in eBay at less that half the price from the dealer, he has been there for many years.

There is a guy in PP that builds buggies and rails from the ground up, do not know if he is also a VW mechanic, I tried to find his info but had no luck, a while back Rick busa and John Monteiro ( from FB) had a buggies built by him, if you know any of those two you can contact them to get his info, however VW are as easy as bicycles!!! just make sure that cylinder #3 gets lots of air flow!!!!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well Bootnhat I just realized that Thure is a member here and the name of his business is "Bikes on the beach" across from Sushi Sun!! DUH!!!

jerry

Maybe you could be an Economics teacher and educate the population on the importance of competition in the market place. Maybe some other simple business practices like customer service, not ripping off your customer, moving inventory. Maybe teach them about market equilibrium, how price meets demand. Teach them how following these principles will in the long run benefit them with sustainable business and profitable income.
. The sad fact that I can get a far better
Quesadillas and Craft Beer at stinking Whole Foods than I can in Penasco for less money is depressing
image.jpg

I had a couple ideas a some years ago. While we were sitting on the patio of our condo, we thinking how cool it would be to have pizza delivery right to the beach. So the Jet Ski or ATV pizza idea came up. Sounded good after we had been drinking. :D
The other idea was a pool bar. Not swim up bar, but a floating bar that comes to you. Haven't got all the schematics drawn up yet, but sure seems doable.

jerry

I had a couple ideas a some years ago. While we were sitting on the patio of our condo, we thinking how cool it would be to have pizza delivery right to the beach. So the Jet Ski or ATV pizza idea came up. Sounded good after we had been drinking. :D
The other idea was a pool bar. Not swim up bar, but a floating bar that comes to you. Haven't got all the schematics drawn up yet, but sure seems doable.
Todd while sober you really think you can design the floating bar so the first big wave doesn't Fiesta Cruser it on top of the Bar flies?

Todd while sober you really think you can design the floating bar so the first big wave doesn't Fiesta Cruser it on top of the Bar flies?
Not in the ocean. HAHAHA.
I was thinking more along the idea of in the pool. When the swim-up bar is packed and the guests just don't feel like moving.
Sounded good in my head.