Military action in RP had to be done.

Is going back a couple of years when border guy told us that about the single road and small border. He said that entry points like nogales were favoured as once in the usa the roads fan out more and can blend in better. I am sure things have changed. We go thru todham area going to rp and that is always crawling with bp and has cameras and xray machine as you pass south thru the checkpoint.

Eric is correct... I too was at the Baja 500. The chopper that crashed killed a leader on the Felix cartel. There was a gun battle at mogue that night to retrieve his body.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Mexican Govt wont allow cartel to prosper in RP & the required action was taken.

I live in RP full time very close to where it all went down & many of us witnessed it. Yes it was a hard core military show of force but unfortunately it had to be done. The Mexican special forces were very impressive & very well equipped. I'm sure they hoped it would go down a lot smoother than it did but the bad guys decided to resist arrest. I'm glad the military finished the job. The days before this took place their were very few tourists around being mid Dec / mid week something had to be done and this was the best time to do it.

A STRONG message has been sent to the bad guys to stay out of RP and to stay out of Mexico's tourist areas. Yes the mini gun was super hard core & from our angle appeared to be used only as a massive overwhelming show of force deterant to end things as quick as possible. Early blasts by the mini gun into the sand in the general area of the shoot out's sent the majority of the bad guys fleeing for their lives where they were easy pickings out in the open on the streets by the awaiting well armed road blocks. 95% of the bad guys were dead in the first 30 minutes the next 2.5 hours was a slower paced mop up of the unfortunate 1 or 2 bad guys left behind by their fleeing friends.

I will remain in RP , continue to safely enjoy RP where the safety stats for tourists are very good & far better than many other cities. Its great to know these guys are gone & that the Mexican gov't will do what it takes to protect us. Even though the cartel guys arent harming tourists or locals & mainly kill other cartel members its best that they are removed from RP. Just as I will still vacation in Colorado, California, Illinois, Washington etc even though they are the sites of mass shootings life must go on.

I dont even know what to say to this. Where did this guy come from? He had 8 posts from 08 to 13.

Eric, get a clue buddy. Penasco is Sinaloa and just because this happened today doesnt mean they are gone from the city. LOL SMH I was told that more product is moved through the Organ Pipe National Monument than arguably anywhere else along the border. Penasco is a MAJOR player in the game. If you knew more about what is happening in towns around Penasco, you'd have a better idea of what is happening in Penasco. Apparently you're not understanding that this man and his associates have been living in Penasco for over a year. Apparently it wasn't a secret. This only occurred because the #1 wanted him out. Apparently you're also not understanding that the US Mexico and Sinaloa are business partners.

I cant believe Im agreeing with and complementing Stuart and Melissa but they are right. BRO, you're so off based! LOL SMH with this guy!!!

It had OnStar and they ripped that out, we are going to install a kill switch and get a different license plate for it. (If the insurance doesn't total it).
If it is targeted for thorough inspections at the border it will be sold. (never had a total inspection ever crossing the border for 25 years now).

Yes my son's Tahoe was stolen in Snotts-dale, and there was a newer Acura car parked next to it, they wanted it for the 4 wheel drive
and size to drive through the desert loaded with Mota.

I think your missing the whole point. You say "there are now job openings to replace the bad guys" Yes drug lords will always be in Mexico but not BASED in a small tourist town like RP. The Mexican military made it VERY clear to all future drug lords RP & tourist areas will NOT be your home. Maybe big cities like Jaurez, Tijuana & Mexico City yes but RP & tourists areas no, no, no....You say "it could have been easily accomplished" Disagree completely, a job like this is never easy. The bad guys decided to make it make it very difficult & the Mexican military did what they had to do wiping out every bad guy and not harming anyone else.

Sometimes it takes a STRONG message and a heavy hand to keep the peace for years to come. I am very glad the govt is protecting RP. Over the last few years the cartel situation has been trending back towards the way it was for decades w/ minimal issues & violence and one cartel domination. Its not quite there yet but it is heading that way. The Mexican govt knows this & is clearly setting the proper boundries for the cartels drug route operations.

Like someone said on this forum "Rocky Point Strong!" Life goes on & the Mexican govt has shown they have our back & they are willing to do whatever it takes to keep RP safe..
Erik, I don't know what world you live in, or who you are working for, but you have no concept of reality. It's hard to believe that you really believe what you are posting.

The "bad guys" that you refer to could have been taken out very easily by proper surveillance, stake-out, or highway road block, etc. Helicopters and .50 cal weapons weren't necessary. The only message from the action was to scare away tourists, kill local business, and reduce property values. Dead cartel operatives are easily replaceable. THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT PROTECTING RP!

RP and Sonoyta are major distribution points for drug shipments to the US. You would know this if you had any conversations with BCI, Border Patrol, or DEA agents. Various drug cartels control the border, and one cartel controls the action, and everything that happens, in RP.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Erik, I don't know what world you live in, or who you are working for, but you have no concept of reality. It's hard to believe that you really believe what you are posting.

The "bad guys" that you refer to could have been taken out very easily by proper surveillance, stake-out, or highway road block, etc. Helicopters and .50 cal weapons weren't necessary. The only message from the action was to scare away tourists, kill local business, and reduce property values. Dead cartel operatives are easily replaceable. THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT PROTECTING RP!

RP and Sonoyta are major distribution points for drug shipments to the US. You would know this if you had any conversations with BCI, Border Patrol, or DEA agents. Various drug cartels control the border, and one cartel controls the action, and everything that happens, in RP.

x1

I think your missing the whole point. You say "there are now job openings to replace the bad guys" Yes drug lords will always be in Mexico but not BASED in a small tourist town like RP. The Mexican military made it VERY clear to all future drug lords RP & tourist areas will NOT be your home. Maybe big cities like Jaurez, Tijuana & Mexico City yes but RP & tourists areas no, no, no....You say "it could have been easily accomplished" Disagree completely, a job like this is never easy. The bad guys decided to make it make it very difficult & the Mexican military did what they had to do wiping out every bad guy and not harming anyone else.

Sometimes it takes a STRONG message and a heavy hand to keep the peace for years to come. I am very glad the govt is protecting RP. Over the last few years the cartel situation has been trending back towards the way it was for decades w/ minimal issues & violence and one cartel domination. Its not quite there yet but it is heading that way. The Mexican govt knows this & is clearly setting the proper boundries for the cartels drug route operations.

Like someone said on this forum "Rocky Point Strong!" Life goes on & the Mexican govt has shown they have our back & they are willing to do whatever it takes to keep RP safe..
I totally agree with you on this. I only wish the Military removed these guys sooner but they were probably just waiting till the moment when there were almost no tourists in town. And your exactly right the cartel does not have to be based in a tourist area they can easily run their drug shipping routes in the area from other cities, remote areas, ranches etc.......

Roberto

Wow , there are some really neat and exciting theories about this event and the way the world is. Who would have thought there was such informative insight on this forum. Y'all should go to work for Stratfor. I'm gonna sent a note to the Federal authorities to keep up with the forum so they know what's going on.

Now I hate to burst your bubbles but here is the real truth. I have it on excellent authority, documented and all. There was no shooting. There was no event. It was all a test of Google's new virtual reality programs. Holograms and mega sound effects with robots included. You know Google is heavy into robots. They also utilized a recent development in mass hypnosis with holograms. They want to bring one of their experimental barges here and do not want the cruise ships hogging up the new docks. Serena was chosed to drive the prices down so they could acquire the entire development for pennies on the peso to house their extensive research staff. Robot developement will be moving here.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
What really is a surprise to me is how people will continue to purchase that junky weed from Mexico. Is there really a demand for those sticks and stems? I would think better quality pot would be available than the worst stuff I have ever had. experience from college and high school so I hope the quality is better today. maybe we need a yelp review so that people stop buying the horrible quality weed that is grown in mexico. maybe that is the trick to slow down the drug trade.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
What really is a surprise to me is how people will continue to purchase that junky weed from Mexico. Is there really a demand for those sticks and stems? I would think better quality pot would be available than the worst stuff I have ever had. experience from college and high school so I hope the quality is better today. maybe we need a yelp review so that people stop buying the horrible quality weed that is grown in mexico. maybe that is the trick to slow down the drug trade.
This guy I know is a part of the culture and he can seriously say that he wouldn't be able to get sh1tty marijuana like the stuff you're talking about to save his life. If his life depended on getting Mexico brick weed, he'd die. He could call 100 people and have 0 chance. 100% of the people he knows buy domestic grown marijuana. With technology these days, nobody needs shitty brick weed from Mexico. If they legalized marijuana tomorrow it would have ZERO impact on the cartels. Just by reading what they are seizing these days, cocaine and meth are the top two.

Sub

I will remain in RP , continue to safely enjoy RP where the safety stats for tourists are very good & far better than many other cities.

Hey Eric, where are these "safety stats"(crime stats?) available online? Who compiled them, what criteria was used, and what methodology? I'm sure they are the same as FBI statistics and you used cities of similar population in your comparison but I would love to duplicate your research. Thanks in advance for being another reliable, unbiased source of information here on this fine forum.

ben21

This guy I know is a part of the culture and he can seriously say that he wouldn't be able to get sh1tty marijuana like the stuff you're talking about to save his life. If his life depended on getting Mexico brick weed, he'd die. He could call 100 people and have 0 chance. 100% of the people he knows buy domestic grown marijuana. With technology these days, nobody needs shitty brick weed from Mexico. If they legalized marijuana tomorrow it would have ZERO impact on the cartels. Just by reading what they are seizing these days, cocaine and meth are the top two.
+1

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
If one wants to feel safe about rocky point, look at it this way. The cartel does not want to create waves in penasco and they are ok going about their business without affecting the tourism industry (that is just bad for business). In most cases when you hear about a big bust like the one we had, it was probably done because someone was no longer part of the team and it was authorized from up above. One thing we can all agree on is the method it was done under was not ideal for tourism (it sounds like the local authorities were kept in the dark).

Looking back, I just tell myself that these events are few and far between when it comes to being so open, so I will continue about living my life. No different that cartels or drug lords who own and run tourist areas in the Caribbean or islands around Asia, they don't want a target on their back so do their best to be as low key as possible (its called being a smart criminal).

Last edited: