My New Boat

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe and I talked about it a little on face book, but it's even nicer than he described it. Yes, a drift sock of some kind with hold you in place longer Joe, and allow you to slow drift over the reefs. When Ric finally bought one for his boat, it allowed us to spend more time over our target at times when we might otherwise have had to drop anchor.
Im having a hard time understanding how it slows you down. It seems to me that it is like having a sail in the water, isn't it going to catch the current and pull the kayak?

Wind is pushing you along (or wave action). Water is moving slower than either waves or wind.
Kayak wants to be pushed along by wind and waves. Drift sock slows you down to the movement speed of the water.

jerry

Jerry Kelly's Photos | Facebook
Well I went and met John from San Carlos at a storage place in South Tucson.The Kayak is great but pretty expensive.You also would need a wierd shaped ice chest.John lives in San Carlos and you can go down and test them there.He plans on selling to resorts in mexico. It is a nice yak...I am looking for a good 2hp motor and am planning on buying one after i get my tax return 1600 with everything except motor and shipping fee

AZ ROB

That looks incredibly stable.. You caould get a small chest to go between the toons if you had to if there was enough room

Look's cool... you just want to keep in mind the longer the better... that's why I use a Malibu 2 + 2 it's over 14 feet long... hull speed my friend, it's all about hull speed...

It would be fine, certainly better than nothing. I used to paddle all over and catch fish with an inflatable, esp. corvina right off shore. That little yak would be a lot better than an inflatable, especially in wind.
Maybe get an inflatable seat pad to sit on - that plastic looks awfully firm.

I am looking for a good 2hp motor and am planning on buying one after i get my tax return 1600 with everything except motor and shipping fee

I realize this post is 3 months old....but, if you are still looking, I have a 2hp Suzuki outboard that might meet your needs. If interested PM me.

-Dave

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
How long does it take you to get out to the 51? :puff:

Totally kidding... very cool setup! Hey, what are the two black PVC tubes? Almost look like tuna tubes (they flush with running water, you stick the whole tuna in there to keep it alive until you're ready to troll it for marlin) that you see on large sportfishers!

Just extra large rod holders, I assume?