Not True: Replacement Chief of Police in PP shot yesterday.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ok, you guys. I cannot PM anyone. The forum says I have to wait 60 second between messages and I haven't PM'D anyone. I am ok but freaked out with my news today. I will post in the morning what is going on with me. Stuart, why can't I PM?

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Ok, you guys. I cannot PM anyone. The forum says I have to wait 60 second between messages and I haven't PM'D anyone. I am ok but freaked out with my news today. I will post in the morning what is going on with me. Stuart, why can't I PM?
As long as you are ok...talk to you tomorrow!:bunny:

I got the same PM from you twice... did you get my reply??? Don't worry Chari... been there done that... twice in fact, once on each elbow... you'll be OK... just do it...

Kenny

I also think something went down, way to many "confused" people.

Log off and leave the site, and when you come back it should work Chari.

Last edited:
Anyone know what is wrong with LJ?

BTW, I have been talking with some friends and co-workers that have been to PP before the shooting and since it happened. They have assuerd me, with the exception of a higher presence of militay and police....and an extra check point or two, there is nothing to worry about. Go have fun like you always have. I am hoping to get back there soon myself.

Gosh....everyone is really worked up......everybody....count to 10, take a tequila shot, and don't post until the morning!!!!:popcorn:

MMMMMMMM TEQUILA.........now you are speaking my language. That is one of the reasons I spend my time and money in PP. I hope to get back to my home away from home very soon.

Well I'm still not 100% sure there wasn't some truth to this rumor....i heard someone from Sonoyta is under guard in the Sante Fe clinic with bullet wounds
On Friday a shootout occurred at the Circle K in Sonoyta, leaving Jose Luis Valdes Ontiveros wounded and hospitalized. On Monday morning, the suspect in the shooting, Leonel Boroquez Bejarano, was involved in a car chase as he attempted to flee from authorities.
Bojorquez Bejarano was wounded prior to being captured, and as a result was transported to the Santa Fe Clinic in Puerto Penasco at approximately midday on Saturday. Armed guards were placed outside the clinic as a precaution. After being treated and released by doctors, Bojorquez Bejarano was being transported back to Sonoyta when the ambulance he was riding in was intercepted by an armed commando at kilometer 32 of the Penasco-Sonoyta Highway. The men stopped the ambulance and forced Bojorquez to accompany them.
There were no reports of injury to medical or police staff on hand at the time.
Immediately after Bojorquez was taken (about 4:30pm) state police and military officers were mobilized and checkpoints were placed at the entrances to Sonoyta and Puerto Penasco.

There's something a little confusing about this.............on Monday Bejarano was involved in a chase, wounded and captured. He was then transported to the clinic midday on Saturday. Should it not have said "midday on Monday"????? Anyway, I hope the rest is accurate...........it was not the replacement chief. When Kenny posted this, my first thought was just what I wrote.......wtf?????? My state of mind was "I refuse to believe this until I get information that confirms it". We're leaving about noon today, so if anyone can give me any updates on checkpoints and such, I'd really appreciate it. Still looking forward to coming down..........see you on the beach!!!!!

There's something a little confusing about this.............on Monday Bejarano was involved in a chase, wounded and captured. He was then transported to the clinic midday on Saturday. Should it not have said "midday on Monday"????? Anyway, I hope the rest is accurate...........it was not the replacement chief. When Kenny posted this, my first thought was just what I wrote.......wtf?????? My state of mind was "I refuse to believe this until I get information that confirms it". We're leaving about noon today, so if anyone can give me any updates on checkpoints and such, I'd really appreciate it. Still looking forward to coming down..........see you on the beach!!!!!
Oops! Sorry about that. Bejarano was involved in shooting on Friday. On Saturday he was wounded as they tried to apprehend him and then taken to the clinic. Saturday afternoon after treatment he was taken from the ambulance and checkpoints were set up. Sunday was peaceful and yesterday, Monday, was also peaceful. Thanks for that nudge, Beachgirl!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
But Julie, every time I see you in the beach you seem a little ditzy, it should feel normal by now!! :eek3:

jerry

Rosy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great info A fox news summary could write this with a bit of an edge
New Gun Battle Nearly Kills Tourist at Popular Puerto Penasco Border Crossing Gas Station............Car Chase Terrifies Rocky Point Tourists............Clinic barricaded by Armed men.....Military Style Raid Stops Ambulance on Main Highway to Arizona's Favorite Beach,,,,,,,,,,,Master Criminal Escapes.......Army stops Cars Entering Rp Terrifying Vsitors!

Crap i sent my Architect friend down on friday to look at our potential project in Santo Tomas.....hope he wasn't getting gas on the way down..

I am glad that the city chief of police is safe. I am praying for the protection of the Puerto Penasco city officials that are working for the good of the city. And Kenny, is that picture by your handle a book that you wrote? It looks like it would be an interesting book. I am reading in Spanish right now Guillermo Munro's book, Return to Puerto Esperanza. It is really good and makes me yearn to go to a village like he describes set in 1951.

Oops! Sorry about that. Bejarano was involved in shooting on Friday. On Saturday he was wounded as they tried to apprehend him and then taken to the clinic. Saturday afternoon after treatment he was taken from the ambulance and checkpoints were set up. Sunday was peaceful and yesterday, Monday, was also peaceful. Thanks for that nudge, Beachgirl!
Bejarano couldn't win for losing on Saturday, he was found dead a few hours later after being taken from the ambulance.
A bad day in Paradise.

jerry

man this has the making of a great board game(Run for the border?)...shake the dice.... hijacked by narcos...back 6 spaces.......drunk and run into the Black widow....lose wallet...back to vd clinic...lose turn...on and on...
Bejarano couldn't win for losing on Saturday, he was found dead a few hours later after being taken from the ambulance.
A bad day in Paradise.