Not True: Replacement Chief of Police in PP shot yesterday.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Yes, you said this "I heard a similar rumor but it is not substantiated as of yet I will check".
Well?? Have you been checking or what?

I have been checking but nobody has heard of it on the ground floor thats what I mean - ~ i~~~am~~~~not~~~that ~~~~connected~~~~~

mis2810

I think if this is not true, then maybe Stuart can change the title of this post so as not to give people a heart attack when they see it. What do you think?

Kenny

Manny says he's talked to Rosie, and that she has first hand knowledge that it isn't true, and I'm wondering what the heck is going on, and who was shot.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Title changed. If it is decided to be untrue, let me know and I'll delete it in the morning. No need to cause anyone unfounded panic.

Hey all,
Our replacement police chief is Lazaro Hernandez and he is safe and unharmed. Nothing happened. I am assured that this story has no truth to it whatsoever. When I got the email from Kenny, I was sitting in front of a department head for the State of Sonora. I asked him if it was true and he immediately got on the phone to disprove the rumor.

Kenny, I cannot explain how these rumors get started or how they gain so much momentum, I only know that this time it simply didn't happen. I would have responded sooner, but was extremely busy all day. Could it be that this happened in some other city? I don't know...

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
this is very strange. With so many RP talk members living in RPoint why not call the municipal dept, the Police department or Public affairs. It is very hard to believe IF this could be true can be held under wraps. as they say, link or it did not happen.

Title changed. If it is decided to be untrue, let me know and I'll delete it in the morning. No need to cause anyone unfounded panic.
Maybe now we could change it to read: Latest Rumor About Police Chief Not True

Thanks for everything, Stuart. If connected to the internet I can be reached at 602.512.1601 and when out and about, can always be found at 011.521.638.112.0134

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, I'm glad I was out in the field this afternoon with no internet or I would have been worried. See you all this weekend!

jerry

i don't think it's a big deal either way(except for the chief) Until the day someone shoots some drunk americans handing out Mardi Gras beads and whooping it up it's just not going to effect us. Lets hit the beach!!!!!!!!

i don't think it's a big deal either way(except for the chief) Until the day someone shoots some drunk americans handing out Mardi Gras beads and whooping it up it's just not going to effect us. Lets hit the beach!!!!!!!!
Well... it is a big deal for the police in Rocky Point... and the police in Rocky Point are putting their lives on the line everyday and there hasn't been any drunk or sober, young or old, male or female americans shot handing out Mardi Gras beads and I think the police of Rocky Point deserve a smile and our :thumbsup: for being out on the streets protecting us...

Well it might not affect you, but it definitely affects me!

Kenny

Well it seems some people misunderstood what Chief was being inquired about in at least one case, and some of the others at this point, are said to be just a plain old misunderstanding's.

Kenny

Kenny

Well, I'm glad I was out in the field this afternoon with no internet or I would have been worried. See you all this weekend!
I was down for the 4th last year, where were you all then? I'm going over to the river and see my old friend Steve who has a place on the water at Havasu. But I'll be thinking of ya.