Penasco Police Chief Landagaray critical after ambush

jerry

So was this attack related to the RP incident? If so what does it mean.....Some think PAN needs to do a house cleaning of members with mixed loyalties.

Ejecutan a contralor de Tubutama y al director de servicios públicos

Por Redacción / Dossier Politico

Dia de publicación: 2010-06-23

Los cuerpos sin vida del contralor municipal del ayuntamiento de Tubutama, Sergio Vázquez Díaz y el director de Servicios Públicos Gerardo González fueron localizados hoy a las 6:30 de la tarde sobre una brecha que comunica a esa población.

De acuerdo a información proporcionada por testigo de los hechos, los funcionarios del alcalde panista Santos Castañeda Barceló, fueron ejecutados con armas de grueso calibre.

En los primeros informes dados a conocer sobre este hecho violento, se menciona que las víctimas viajaban a bordo de un Pick up de color verde modelo 1993, el cual es propiedad del mismo Ayuntamiento.

So was this attack related to the RP incident? If so what does it mean.....Some think PAN needs to do a house cleaning of members with mixed loyalties.
Are you asking if what happened in Tubutama is related to Penasco? I seriously doubt it. There is so reason to think they might be related. A source within the police department says that the police chief and his guard were attempting to pull over a vehicle fitting the description of the one used the previous day in Sonoyta, and were caught unawares by a hail of gunshots. This is the most credible version of events thusfar.

Tubutama is a town about 4 hours away from Penasco, in the Altar region.

jerry

The chief himself out patrolling at 11pm just seemed weird.It seems he was put between a rock and a hard place.
Are you asking if what happened in Tubutama is related to Penasco? I seriously doubt it. There is so reason to think they might be related. A source within the police department says that the police chief and his guard were attempting to pull over a vehicle fitting the description of the one used the previous day in Sonoyta, and were caught unawares by a hail of gunshots. This is the most credible version of events thusfar.

Tubutama is a town about 4 hours away from Penasco, in the Altar region.

The chief himself out patrolling at 11pm just seemed weird.It seems he was put between a rock and a hard place.
Remember that the previous day there had been a shooting in Sonoyta and a well-known person from Penasco was killed. Everyone here was on high alert. Erick, frequently in meetings well into the night, was in the habit of making a round before calling it a day.

Remember that the previous day there had been a shooting in Sonoyta and a well-known person from Penasco was killed. Everyone here was on high alert. Erick, frequently in meetings well into the night, was in the habit of making a round before calling it a day.
See Rosy....that type of information makes a question or two of mine go away. I don't expect the chief of police, no matter how small a town, to be making rounds at 10-11pm!

See Rosy....that type of information makes a question or two of mine go away. I don't expect the chief of police, no matter how small a town, to be making rounds at 10-11pm!
Glad that helped. By the way, don't you feel like asking anything else? Maybe something about beer sales...you know...sometime soon? My time is running low and Terry C is paying attention!

Last edited:

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Another Police chief murdered?

HERMOSILLO, June 23, 2010

The state attorney's office spokesman Jose Larrinaga Talamante, said the slain police chief is Jose Duarte Israel Inigo, 40, brother of the local deputy of the National Action Party (PAN) Reginaldo Duarte Inigo.

He explained that the name of the person executed is Siqueiros Lauro Guzman, 40. Were killed outside a residence located off the main square of the town of Divisaderos at 22:30 pm yesterday by individuals who fired at them from a pick up late model Chevrolet.

(I Google police chief Killied in Mexico, to find information on the Police Chief, this is sad way to intimidate)

HERMOSILLO, June 23, 2010

The state attorney's office spokesman Jose Larrinaga Talamante, said the slain police chief is Jose Duarte Israel Inigo, 40, brother of the local deputy of the National Action Party (PAN) Reginaldo Duarte Inigo.

He explained that the name of the person executed is Siqueiros Lauro Guzman, 40. Were killed outside a residence located off the main square of the town of Divisaderos at 22:30 pm yesterday by individuals who fired at them from a pick up late model Chevrolet.

(I Google police chief Killied in Mexico, to find information on the Police Chief, this is sad way to intimidate)
The person killed (on Tuesday, not yesterday) was not a local police chief, but rather regional head of the State Investigative Police and the brother of a local State Representative for the PAN. Divisaderos is a small town in the eastern part of Sonora, the second-largest state in Mexico. This happened far from Penasco and shares no similarities with anything happening here, so am at a loss as to the connection here.

Glad that helped. By the way, don't you feel like asking anything else? Maybe something about beer sales...you know...sometime soon? My time is running low and Terry C is paying attention!
No Rosy....I know better....if there is no election, then liquor sales will be as normal!!! Plus, I think I still have enough of a stockpile in my trailer for any short term contingency!

BTW, I have to get on your insurance site....my insurance policy expires the end of the week..........mine is with one of companies that you carry....is there any way to transfer all my info (it's still on another website that I bought from) without entering all of the registration info manually? Sorry for the Off Topic.....

Last edited:
BTW, I have to get on your insurance site....my insurance policy expires the end of the week..........mine is with one of companies that you carry....is there any way to transfer all my info (it's still on another website that I bought from) without entering all of the registration info manually? Sorry for the Off Topic.....
Nope. You'll have to re-enter the info, but remember that by doing so you're donating to two local charities. By the way, Mark...gotta get with you next week.

One step ahead of you Rosie....................I had just finished purchasing my policy from you when I posted that, LOL!!! Are you going to be in your office Wednesday or Thursday at any time?? I'd like to stop by and talk to you about something. Glad to hear the chief is stable, btw.

One step ahead of you Rosie....................I had just finished purchasing my policy from you when I posted that, LOL!!! Are you going to be in your office Wednesday or Thursday at any time?? I'd like to stop by and talk to you about something. Glad to hear the chief is stable, btw.
Thank you, Julie. I'll be in the Visitor Assistance office both days after 11am. Look forward to seeing you again. FastEddy dropped by the other day and I missed him, but he got to meet Mariadela in my office.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You are one hard lady to find. I came by twice last weekend but I understand that you were way busy last weekend! I'll try again this weekend!

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
..., so am at a loss as to the connection here.
Rosy, sorry if it is off topic, but to me Rocky Point is in Sonora and a Police Chief had an attempted assassination. (Not sure what else you can call it). Jose Duarte Israel was also a "Chief of Police" (PEI) and in Sonora. Two heads of Police, Tuesday, not Wednesday??? What is your point? I Love your town, and I am concerned and do not understand the AK-47 gangs that have infiltrated.

Unfortunately this head of Police assassination was successfully along with Lauro Guzmán Siqueiros that was also killed along with the chief. Just sounded so similar to the two attempted murders in Rocky Point, SON. Lucky for Landagaray and his body guard they are still with us. Israel and Siqueiros are not.

If you do not see a connection to the terror on public servants by an evil elements in Sonora as I do, I suggest you are raise your blinders.

I suggest it is best to keep ALL information on the Police Chief as a private and OFF TOPIC as possible.
Posting that he is still good to go you inform whomever $$$ still out for his head . This is not good information as much as I know you want to advice and celebrate his stable health.

One attempt failed the next the outcome might not be the same. Like Stuart posted, it is best to believe the attempt was successfully or a new attempt might be forth coming. I have no idea why this was done, but the order was given and until it is accomplished he is a target for someone, who knows why and better not to speculate.