Penasco Police Chief Landagaray critical after ambush

The scariest will be hits at popular places, restaurants, or resorts. Take a trip to the new airport by
the Mayan Palace and watch the types who depart and from which destination. There are alot of parties
from hermosillo, mexicali, tiajuana. I can see why "The Untouchables" is a very popular tv rerun in MX.
the worst scenario historically is the Cartels overthrow the government, and a new revolution is born
again. Or the citizens take arms and overtake the cartels.
Methinks you watch too much TV. The fact that people are flying in from those cities is that Aereo Calafia now offers flights between those cities and Puerto Penasco. "The Untouchables"? Most Mexicans watch novelas, sports or the news/news magazines, followed by game shows in popularity. Please explain how "historically" the cartels might overthrow the government. And do you really envision families taking up arms and overtaking the cartels? Buying arms with what...grocery money? Oy vey.

P

Pete

Pete, sorry to disillusion you but I never say that, it was Kenny's friend, just to show you that my reading comprehension is good you can check it, I believe, in page 5 or 6 of this thread.
sorry INK...the point was not who said it.....i said nothing negative about anyone.....i was just commenting on the statement that someone said they saw a lot of police vehicles in a convoy....no harm no foul...thought it was you... no biggie

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Methinks you watch too much TV. The fact that people are flying in from those cities is that Aereo Calafia now offers flights between those cities and Puerto Penasco. "The Untouchables"? Most Mexicans watch novelas, sports or the news/news magazines, followed by game shows in popularity. Please explain how "historically" the cartels might overthrow the government. And do you really envision families taking up arms and overtaking the cartels? Buying arms with what...grocery money? Oy vey.
lol Rosie!

private charters and helicopter rides ... yes .
Commercial schedule? I still need to see it to believe it.

Airport code: PPE
Fly from TUC to Monterrey, then Hermosillo and then once a month schedule to PPE?
Have heard of Hermosillo to PPE but no one can confirm it and by what airline.
It is still private charters as far as I know.
Hey Wahoo, you can consider it confirmed. The reason the rate is so high, as Inks pointed out above, is that one must fly into Hermosillo on an international flight from Phx or Tucson. From there, you take Aereo Calafia, which flies Hermosillo - Penasco. No doubt we'll have international flights sooner rather than later. The hangup is money. The airlines request guaranteed seats filled and if they aren't the difference would be paid by the State and Municipal governments as well as the private sector. As most people don't have much money right now, there hasn't been much support for the program.
My guess is that an agreement will be reached (hopefully) this year.

Because a certain someone here has recently said (although they ran to another forum to say it) that I'm not a "legitimate news source", the Aereo Calafia rates and schedules are available on the TVA website at www.tourismrockypoint.com

Never understood that whole police convoy routine. In my younger years, they missed many of our questionable activities in the process! ;)

I'm subscribing to the theory that "no news is good news" right now. As long as it is not posted and verified that he died, there is still hope that he will pull through. I think there are a lot of us just waiting....:-(
Word has it that he rallied for a little and even opened his eyes. Is still critical and isn't what you would call conscious. No more than that right now.

playaperro

El Pirata
Hey Wahoo, you can consider it confirmed. The reason the rate is so high, as Inks pointed out above, is that one must fly into Hermosillo on an international flight from Phx or Tucson. From there, you take Aereo Calafia, which flies Hermosillo - Penasco. No doubt we'll have international flights sooner rather than later. The hangup is money. The airlines request guaranteed seats filled and if they aren't the difference would be paid by the State and Municipal governments as well as the private sector. As most people don't have much money right now, there hasn't been much support for the program.
My guess is that an agreement will be reached (hopefully) this year.

Because a certain someone here has recently said (although they ran to another forum to say it) that I'm not a "legitimate news source", the Aereo Calafia rates and schedules are available on the TVA website at www.tourismrockypoint.com
Wow I read that Amiga, I can not believe Lannett said that. Wish she would update her web site.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
sorry INK...the point was not who said it.....i said nothing negative about anyone.....i was just commenting on the statement that someone said they saw a lot of police vehicles in a convoy....no harm no foul...thought it was you... no biggie
Oh no, no problem what so ever, I was not meaning you in my previous post, you always come back and stand your ground or back up your posts or at least it seems that way, I was refereing to another person, which is not beggie for me either it just seems rude to put others down and then when his/her turn come to answer nothing come out in responce, and you know what they say....:eek3:

MIRAMAR

Maybe the police chief in Penasco was doing rounds because of the possible narco violence killings in Sonoyta the day before and the jeep/jeeps were seen driving toward Penasco following the shootings. I think the police needed all hands on deck and every officer looking for the jeeps, so that may account for the chief of police out at 11:00 p.m. on Saturday.

I agree with Miramar on this. It doesn't seem far-fetched that a police chief would make the rounds before calling it a day. That it was so late at night isn't unusual when you consider that I've seen him at meetings that don't end until after 10pm.

MIRAMAR

Let's thank EVERY police officer and Federale for the incredibly brave work they're doing. My prayers are with the chief, his family, and the citizens of Penasco.

Last edited:

Kenny

The word is...
"The PP chief of police was eating in a local restaurant with his bodyguard when he got a call about 10:30 or so and left the restaurant after getting the call. He was shot after leaving the restaurant, but not near the restaurant"
No, I will not tell you the name of the restaurant.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Where is the Pan Bimbo warehouse? Near ?
Dwag, all I know is that Ramon Figueroa turns into Rio Suchiate, runs west to east and it is 4 blocks south of Samuel Ocana, now the only question is Rio Suchiate is the same as Suchiate Blvd as mention in post #1 by Rosie and since I do not eat bread as in Bimbo bread I could not tell you where the warehouse is located, I rather have bolillos or tortillas but never pan de molde Bimbo!!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Where is the Pan Bimbo warehouse? Near ?
The first stop light you hit as you come into PP the road that goes to the left (to Las Conchas) is Josepha de Ortiz the next stop sign past the gas station DB market is Rio Suchiate. Go left about 1/2 mile Pan Bimbo will be on your left.

A

azbeachboy

Rocky Point Tva 23 June at 21:00 Reply
Dear Friends and Members of the TVA,

As you all know by now, Rocky Point Police Chief Erick Landagaray is currently recuperating from injuries sustained in an assault. Erick Landagaray is a friend, a neighbor and a consummate professional in his field.

A tragedy like this is traumatic for any community, and even more so when the community is as accustomed to a tranquil and safe environment as we are here in Puerto Penasco. Of course those of us in the business community want to do all that we can to promote tourism and motivate people to come and visit us in this beautiful place we love, but make no mistake, we also want our visitors to have a safe and happy experience.

It is for this reason that we remind you that our most important task is that of informing and assisting the public; whether it is about local events, where the best prices can be found or even why there is increased police presence in town.

None of this need affect our daily routines. It also need not rearrange your travel plans. Rest assured that all that can be done, is being done. Anyone who lives here can tell you that life continues to be peaceful and productive.

Puerto Penasco is enjoying a successful tourist season and we expect that to continue. The Roger Clyne concert was a huge success, with almost 4,000 people attending. The Jenni Rivera concert also had a turnout of about 3,500. The Miss Sonora Pageant had well over 2,000 attendees and was broadcast on national television, and the National Association of Realtors just wrapped up their very important CIPS training for Realtors who came from from all parts of both countries. This week, the National Basketball Championship is being hosted in Puerto Penasco and is also being broadcast throughout Latin America!

I ask that you do your part. Support your fellow TVA members. Golf at Las Palomas this weekend, go out to dinner at a member restaurant, stop and have a drink with your neighbors. Rent a kayak or a jet ski. Go fishing. Have fun while you enjoy our extraordinary weather.

And remember, if we can be of service to your clients and friends, or to you, do not hesitate to contact us.

We are thankful that Erick is recovering and will continue to hold him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
Gina Jeffery
Gretchen Ellinger
Mariadela Arocha
Rosie Glover