Penasco Police Chief Landagaray critical after ambush

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Inks, went to a great Peruvian Restaurant and they served Tacu tacu on top of emapanizadas...
Tacu tacu, had never heard of it. Good stuff.
Yummi!!! and it is very simple, I do it when ever my wife makes beans, a couple of fried eggs on top of the tacu-tacu and a juice steak next to it, what is the frase....finger licking good!!
was the restaurant in Phoenix or Tucson, I heard that the last peruvian restaurant in Phoenix closed so I wonder if you went to the one in Tucson "Inka" by or close to Ventana Canyon Resort?

A

azbeachboy

So what about the police chief? Why can't we stay on the %#$*& topic...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
So what about the police chief? Why can't we stay on the %#$*& topic...
gwash darn it Chuck, imagine you are in the waiting room of the hospital and making conversation while we get more new from the doctors, or you forgot how it was when Bob was in the hospital?
We are pacing too, you just can see it thru the screen of the computer!! :eek3:

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I know the name starts with a "C" might be Califa, I do not remember, I believe my customer mention twice a week so you are at their mercy as of when you need to fly, cost wise she said from Hermosillo to Penasco was $300 plus round trip, I think she said $375 and $600 tucson to Hermosillo, this prices are round trip, of course, after I explained my services and told her my price, needless to say, she paid right away

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I'm subscribing to the theory that "no news is good news" right now. As long as it is not posted and verified that he died, there is still hope that he will pull through. I think there are a lot of us just waiting....:-(

A

azbeachboy

I was posting about how almost every thread goes "off track" Some "people" just lose sight of what we're talking about.

mis2810

The problem with a heightened police and military presence is that it provides a false sense of security. In fact, if it's truly a narco war, it'll actually make things worse. Just look at Juarez and other places in Mexico like Michoacan. The narcos are openly attacking the military and the police in broad daylight. That's when innocent people get caught in the crossfire.

But the conundrum is do you let the narcos take over the town and on the surface everything looks fine, and it's safe and normal? Or, do you fight the narcos and have gun battles all over the streets?

This is the problem that the entire country of Mexico is facing. Without the insatiable appetite for drugs here in the US the problem is solved - but that's never going to happen.

This article was linked on BorderReporter.com - I read it yesterday - amazing stuff.

http://www.technologyinvestor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/SilverorLead.pdf

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
....This is the problem that the entire country of Mexico is facing. Without the insatiable appetite for drugs here in the US the problem is solved - but that's never going to happen......
but then the argument of "well if we legalize drugs then the cartels will have to be legal and pay taxes and the whole country will be happier and the USA users will have to pay more or less and we controled for their habits and ......life goes on SAME THING, someone wants to be in control and make more money and still do it illegally!!! :blah: and we will de-railing the thread and Chuck will get upset again and ~~~HAPPY~~~ will answer ****** and again life goes on!! :eek3:

P

Pete

INKA said "
I just drove up Calle 13 and was passed by a convoy of no less than 15 PP Police cars heading down toward the Hotel del Sol and Pinacate Condos. Lights no sirens. Could not see where or if they stopped. I'm heading down there now to see what I can see. "

Im in RP right now also and I saw & followed that convoy of police vehicles......It was only symbolic drive around for their chief....

To the people that are reporting there aren't military checkpoints on Mexico 8 from Sonoyta to RP, you guys must have the worst reading comprehension ever. Kenny's buddy was saying there was a military checkpoint in the Calle Trece region of RP near the Penasco Del Sol and Pinicate Condos, not on the highway. He never once mentioned checkpoints on the way to RP from Sonoyta.
Hi MJ, I have no idea what schedule they're keeping, but indeed there has been a checkpoint on the highway between Sonoyta and Penasco near the entrance to the Pinacate reserve. My reading comprehension is usually pretty good (for example, I knew that another post warned that backed up sewage on Calle 13 could contaminate food being sold there and that the trenches being dug in the Old Port are for fiber optic wiring and not sewer lines...oops...never mind, I wrote that one). Don't know if there is another checkpoint in front of the Pinacate condos.

INKA said "
I just drove up Calle 13 and was passed by a convoy of no less than 15 PP Police cars heading down toward the Hotel del Sol and Pinacate Condos. Lights no sirens. Could not see where or if they stopped. I'm heading down there now to see what I can see. "

Im in RP right now also and I saw & followed that convoy of police vehicles......It was only symbolic drive around for their chief....
It's what they do...drive around in a caravan, fast...lights, no siren. Hopefully someone will give them a better gameplan.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
INKA said "

Pete, sorry to disillusion you but I never say that, it was Kenny's friend, just to show you that my reading comprehension is good you can check it, I believe, in page 5 or 6 of this thread.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Not that I want to de-rail the thread but some people have to much time in their hands and seems that they like to put other people down with out checking the facts and make themselves look like ESTUPIDOS!!, please for those of you with schizoprenia of grandeur please leave us, little ones, alone whether it is because the little spanish we speak or how much we comprehend when reading, if there is going to be any finger pointing then stand up and do it all the way and do not back up and hide after you have been corrected, more than once I must add!! :eek3:

P

Pete

Ive been in RP for the past 5 days & will be back July 1-5..Ive been here since all this latest stuff has gone down. Right now RP is the same as it has always been. Tourists having a great time, beaches packed w/ tourists ( sandy beach & las conchas )..Ive talked w/ a number of locals about the shooting and they dont seem to concerned about it ( their sad about it but not really concerned )....

As far as the military check point....Thats what im totally used to when in Mexico. When I drive up and down the baja as i do regularly i pass thru military check points frequently. I cant believe they never had them before around RP. Yes it does feel strange the first time or 2 that you go thru them but they are there for your saftey. They have had many of these check points all over Mexico for years and years to check for drugs and guns. The soilders look intimidating but they are actually very nice.

I say put up a military stop 24/7 on both highways into RP....

40 people were just killed in Chicago in one weekend... a family in CA was gunned down in a Taco Bell.......until tourists are being killed in RP I'm not going to panic...........See you at the beach