Person killed visiting from Juarez?

falsent

I miss Duna's
I read about this incident on RPNO and wondered if anyone has any info about it? Why would the Jeep guys target a guy visiting? Just wondering...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Things are not always what they seem. Neither are people. They didn't randomly target this guy. They had been looking for him for a few days. Although he might of been a "tourist" to Penasco, he was from Juarez. They only shot him and did not injure his wife or son. You can draw your own conclusions about who he was or might have been involved in, but yes, he was specifically targeted.

More disturbing to me is that they shot him at the marina as he was cleaning his boat up and securing it. I also find it amazing (something that another forum member mentioned to me) that it is so easy for these hit men to "disappear" with no police intervention and without a trace. I said I found it disturbing, not surprising. The police know that getting too involved in any of this is to risk their own lives.

Just my .02 on it.

Not poo-pooing the violence....but the AZRepublic ran 3 separate stories this morning on violence/killings in Mexico.....and it's the week before Labor Day weekend.....although they didn't have this one....YET!!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
More than 60 percent of municipal police officers receive a monthly salary of 4,000 pesos ($306) or less, he said.
“The root of crime in Mexico is at the local level,” Calderon said. “The municipalities haven’t been able to respond with efficiency to the challenge of insecurity.”

Can you blame them? They are outmanned, outgunned, and become immediate target practice for any efforts they do make. Yeah, I'd be looking the other way, too. It's amazing they find anyone to even take a local cop job these days.

garyd

I am coming down for Labor Day Weekend. I will not allow these types of things to stop me from traveling to Mexico just as I do not allow criminals in Phoenix stop me from going out to dinner and etc. It is just another form of terrorism.

loco

I am coming down for Labor Day Weekend. I will not allow these types of things to stop me from traveling to Mexico just as I do not allow criminals in Phoenix stop me from going out to dinner and etc. It is just another form of terrorism.

exactly. very good point. I go down, mind my own business , relax with good friends and love getting away from Phoenix.

A comment posted to the Arizona Daily Star in regard to the article reporting this event:

"Here we are again with all the Rocky Point lovers, notice none of them live there and the Americans that do, think about being kidnapped "all the time" and if they say otherwise they are lying. Rocky Point is a dirty, corrupt and chock full of disease that no one there is vacinated for. The folks that go there are not there for the beautiful beaches, clear waters, or seafood that is better than anywhere else, it's not, as I and many others have been to other locations in the USA that have all of the above. Its because they feel "superior" to the real citizens that live there, because their money being worth more there adds to the sense of supremacy and they know that if they don't get in trouble there that they can come back to the USA. I am sure there will be comments contradicting that, but I have been there and seen how they act.

I have been stopped in RP by the corrupt state police for no reason but to try and squeeze a bribe, but this American was too smart for them and didn't pay a thing. You all have seen them in the white Fords with the crew sitting in back of the truck with their dark blue shirts with a silk screened badge.

Even if bystanders were killed as happened a couple of years ago and the police chief shot up or killed a couple of months ago, the Rocky Point elitist will say "Oh its safe and beautiful", Don't be fooled, its just plain unsafe."

I can attest to being stopped by the police for the purpose of being shaken down for bribes. This happened to me once by the municipal police, and twice to my Mexican wife: Once by the municipal police, and once by truckful the police estatal investigadora. In every case NO bribes were paid!

You already did "dignify" it by virtue of your response. I didn't write it, I only cut-and-pasted what appeared in the media. I do agree with the description of the attitude of many foreign visitors to Rocky Point. I think it is something that we all should reflect on.

ernesto - Have empathy for the locals, many of whom have no B1/B2 Laser Visas, and cannot escape to the US, like tourists. You don't think that tourists have a pompous attitude because they have an immediate escape route available to them, not available to the locals? Locals are trapped at the other end, having no means to relocate to other more tranquil parts of Mexico, out of the drug corridor to the US.

PS - If you care to respond to my posts, kindly do so without snidely referring to me by aliases.

loco

A comment posted to the Arizona Daily Star in regard to the article reporting this event:

The folks that go there are not there for the beautiful beaches, clear waters, or seafood that is better than anywhere else, it's not, as I and many others have been to other locations in the USA that have all of the above. Its because they feel "superior" to the real citizens that live there, because their money being worth more there adds to the sense of supremacy and they know that if they don't get in trouble there that they can come back to the USA.
Wow. Thank you very much for the real reason we all go to Rocky Point, I never understood the superior feeling I got when I spent money on the dirty beaches wile eating really bad sea food as I passed the day looking to get in trouble so I can cross back into the states. Smilin Jack you must have some really bad luck, Ive been going to RP for 15 years and have NEVER been stopped by anyone and guess what? NO BRIBES HAVE BEEN PAID !! and another thing you say

""Here we are again with all the Rocky Point lovers, notice none of them live there and the Americans that do, think about being kidnapped "all the time" and if they say otherwise they are lying."

I have not once even thought about that and I'm not lying. What you commented on must describe You and not anyone I know. Sorry to bust your bubble Mr Know it all. Have a great day

Loco

AZ ROB

Let me start by saying I have been to R.P. probably 20 times since March. The only issue we have had was stopping at the check point in Sonoyta where I was informed that not wearing a seat belt is a $40.00 american fine. Upon looking down at my seat belt (buckled) looking at my passenger (buckled) looking back at my wife (not buckled) the officer said to buckle up and have a nice day. I don't feel nor do I or any of my friends "look down" on the locals. I love the seafood I love the small mom and pop restruants. I love the fact everyone welcomes you and makes you feel as family. I don't always enjoy the slower pace but I am starting to. With the great people I have met in town and on this board I can honestly and fully say I escape the states to go to Rocky Point. In all my years on this earth I have realized 1 major thing Trouble finds people looking for trouble.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Frauning Jack? or as Kenny say stinking rotten, bitter cactus!! sorry Kenny, I think I added some adjetives there that you did not mention!!
back to work now!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Message to Smilin' Jack - If looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, THEN IT'S PROBABLY A GOD DAMNED DUCK!!

You are making your own problems here. If people are being "rude" to you and you're so damned offended, THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and stop hitting the damned "mommy" button and reporting every post where your tender, itsy-bitsy feelings are getting hurt.

Oh, what? The admin just told you to F' off? YES, HE DID. Grow the f' up and stop being a whiner. The reason people are calling you "Cactus" is because you seem to be a clone of a previous user by that name and display the same writing and posting style. Let's just say you ain't gonna make any friends here that way.

THE INTERNET - IT'S NOT FOR EVERYBODY!
Thank-you, and have a nice day!

Signed,
The Mean Ol' Bitchy Forum Moderator

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Rob,
It's the report post button, the triangle on the bottom left next to the Thanks button. If you are offended, you push that and Stuart or Tyler get copies of the offending post right away.

jerry

Cartel defenders used to say it was just a way to get back at the Imperialists to the North but attacks like this and the horrifying 72 murders of Central and South Americans reported on this week make it clear it's not Brown people taking their piece of the empanada it's criminals preying on the rest of us.My question to the boosters is where were the cops?
Well in my case it look like a Duck "siccario" smelled like Duck "AK-47 casings" and walked like a duck, "not one but 7 bullet holes" . It was a targeted attack.

Upon further thought and reading another forum and RP reactions (local) this was not what it seemed, ""the outside the tourists genre, nothing to do with "us" me""

The 'target' was indeed a tourist (non local) staying at a rented condo. This was not his first time doing the same. He was not involved in the drug trade but a affluent Spanish business owner of a Maquilladora, (manufacturing plant) hiring many Mexicans for labor and selling product abroad. Mainly to his original home land in Spain. He had dual citizenship, Mex - Spain traveling to Spain often. He was not a fisherman but liked his sport boat for ski and fun. The "girl" friend" was actually his wife. Again, I was wrong because I assumed the different names.

He was target of a kidnapping for money. A new business for easy cash from seemingly wealthy business owners by the mafia. He refused to go with them and struggled and ran. kidnappers do not like to be recognized and so the gun shoot out occurred.

Kidnapping for Ransom. :notme: