Person killed visiting from Juarez?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I've heard a lot of conflicting information -- there's what's been published so far, then there's the hearsay - he was living large; he had a substantial amount of cash in the condo; there was a stripper from one of the nightclubs with him on the boat at harbor, NOT his wife. Like I said, all hearsay depending on who you talk to in Penasco. When initially inquiring, I was told it was shootout between two drug guys, both were dead, and both were wanted by the Mexican police, so nobody cared that they got shot.

That's just some of what I have heard. True? Who knows. I'm leaning more toward the published version of events, but it still doesn't answer some of my main questions.

Kelney - That boat is the suck for any kind of fishing. The first information I got on this said that he had a "yacht." A Seadoo scooter boat is nowhere near a yacht, but it just goes to show how things can get jumbled or lost in translation.

I'll repeat an earlier question of mine....if it was a kindappiing, why didn't they take his wife and kids....if that's who they were on the boat with him?????

I guess we just have to wait for Rosy.....in the words of Paul Harvey...."and now, for the rest of the story"!!!!

Hey...can we refer to Rosy as the Paul Harvey of Penasco?:thumbsup:

Last edited:

audsley

A couple of well-armed helicopters and some good mobile surveillance equipment could make it very difficult to pull off assassinations in broad daylight at a place like the marina. I'll be curious to see whether the Mexican government decides to shrug this one off or takes measures to enhance its capability.

This incident is a serious threat to Rocky Point's future tourism industry. Tourists can no longer be assured that staying out of the wrong places will keep them safe. The marina should be one of the safest places in town. If you can be exposed to gunfire at the marina, you can be exposed to it anywhere. While I'm willing to accept some risk, most American tourists aren't. That's especially true where children are involved.

When a carload of gunmen open fire at the marina, directly across from the naval station, and then drive away unmolested, there can be little doubt as to who controls Puerto Penasco. It certainly isn't the people's elected officials. The ultimate authority in Rocky Point now is clearly the narco-terrorists. Unless the national government takes extraordinary measures to change that, the narco-terrorists will also decide whether kidnapping for ransom, armed robbery and other crimes will be allowed to flourish.

Northern Mexico is looking a lot like Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan and certain African countries, where the best people live in fear and the worst control the destiny of everyone else. The national government might be secure in Mexico City, but Mexico is at a crossroads in defining its national character, both for itself and in the eyes of the world.

Alright guys, I'm here. There isn't a lot of new information, but hopefully I can clear a couple of things up. In an earlier post someone said the victim owned a maquiladora. We now know this isn't true. He supplied widgets for the maquiladora. It wasn't a yacht. I used the word mistakenly based on the report I translated for the article. Sorry for the confusion. It was still pretty obvious that the guy had some bucks.

He was with his wife and 14yr old son. Police sources (unnamed, of course) say he was followed here. Yes, he was told to go with the shooters and he refused. This doesn't mean it was a kidnap for ransom. It is believed that he knew it wasn't, and that is why he ran instead of trying to protect his son. He knew he was the only one they wanted.
We Mexicans certainly know by now that just because someone has a legitimate business, it's no guarantee that there isn't more to their activities. Many times the target isn't necessarily a drug smuggler...he can be someone who snitched, someone who helped the opposition launder money, someone who played dirty in a business deal, the list is really kind of long. Without more information, we can't profess to know for sure, but experience tells authorities that this was most likely a revenge killing. Ransom kidnappings are not an issue here even though we do have some very wealthy, high-profile local families. If this guy had gone with his attackers, he probably would not have been seen alive again anyway. I hope this helped!

Because; .... you target the owner of the Cash, to get a ransom not try to "extort" a ransom.
Taking care of a Women and child? Are you out of your mind? This is suppose to be easy $.$$$.$$$.$$$

I suggest renting these two films and then you will understand;

"Proof of life", Meg Ryan and "Ruthless People" Danny de Vito

and this is only my opinion, I have been wrong many times before.

Stuart, "Lanchas" are usually "outboards" if the engine is inside "inboards" many locals will them "Yates".
"If" it was a Sea Doo it is a 230hp yet powered, and inboard. I can see the confusion. (Yachte vs Yate)
"Panga" or "Canoa" are wood and long hulled. I think my first post also called the wife a "girlfriend" becasue different names used.

Maybe Rosy has all the correct info as she wrote the insurance policy..... : )
My point was if they had already killed their original target of a kidnapping (if it was a kidnapping for ransom), then they would have taken the wife and child. I'm sure he had family that would be able to access his money to ransom them.

Family members attest calls from persons with Mexican accents demanding cash in return for loved ones.

Tonight the mayor is murdered.
This is a very odd post, Wahoo. What family members? Where? What mayor? Geez...could you be a little less mysterious with this kinda stuff in the future?

Wahoo....do you think you might be able to put together a complete post, without everyone trying to figure out who, what, when and where?????

I just heard from a friend who lives in Penasco (gringo), but has been in AZ due to some medical issues. He had spoken to his wife (Mexican) and was telling me about 2 murders in Penasco....and after discussing it with him for a while, it was apparent that it was the same shooting, from last weekend....he was talking about a Spaniard, and a Mexican====>the same guy.

Rosy, I also believe this has nothing to do with PPenasco and I maintain one is safer In Rocky Point than in many metro cities in the sates.

This is something that was dragged from Juarez and unfortunately occurred in your back yard.
The amount of "secuestros" is growing especially against foreign entrepreneurs.
The "they" vs "us" syndrome. They are "using" us, so they must and can pay.
The only "they" vs. "us" I'm familiar with is the narcos vs. society. I disagree with you that the death of the Spaniard was intended to be a kidnapping for ransom. Now, if because they attempted to take him with them you want to technically refer to it as a kidnapping, then fine...but we all know that most most of the time when people are "taken" by the narcos, it is to settle a score.

Rosy, the demand for money is contrary to kennys post why the migrants where killed. Kidnapping and extrusion. The major spoke out against the Mexicans yesterday and today he is murdered. That's all
We will know soon enough what that was about. No doubt the survivor will be giving interviews and he can tell us what they experienced. I just think that when you don't type in complete sentences it gets confusing because it isn't clear if you're referring to Penasco or not.

jerry

So they lay off 3200 cops and replace them with 120....jesus Christ on a jetski, sometimes i think mexico is hopeless
yes he was:

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/noticias.html

3,200 Mexican police officers fired, 1,200 more by next week.

The Zeta's is a paramilitary group which has a large group of police and ex police officers within their ranks. Officials said about 465 officers are believed to have been directly involved in crime themselves, such as extortion, and are being investigated for possible prosecution.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703369704575462151987539686.html?mod=googlenews_wsj#articleTabs=article

120 more Federales arrive to serve in Sonora last night. Group of 30 separated into 4 groups and directed to different corners of the state.

The arrival of federal agents to serve alongside the staff of the various corporations in the state to combat organized crime at the recent executions that have occurred in the state.

http://www.elimparcial.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/30082010/465931.aspx

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Russ, true.

The point to get in this thread is that "Barbie" is/was an arch enemy of the Zeta's. The Zeta's set up the capture of Barbie to get him out of the picture. Valdez (Barbie) is a Texan Born not Mexican and his clan is slowly being eliminated to the benefactors the Paramilitary Zeta's. (His capture was a set up)

Last week a grenade exploded at a Bar in Puerto Vallarta, aimed at another King pin. Slowly the King pins are dissapearing and the Zeta's will rule and supply all the Tourist ($,$$$) hot spot drug consumption locations. Party on!

This is nothing to do with tourists, tourists are the Golden goose and they will be protected an more so by the Zeta's.

No Fear, Fish on
Do you mean to say that the Z are in cahoots with the army? as in set up? I was under the impression that the Z is also an enemy of the state. No Fear tampoco - fish on, my plate!

Roberto

RPJ, testing a flash alert on my phone and ability to post
NOTHING TO TO WITH Rocky POINT per say.

A followup to the thread, trying to be timely, maybe should have been on off topic.

Here is the Story; "The bomb attacks appeared to target places connected with the investigation into the massacre."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/30/2997401.htm?section=world

Personally I think it adds nothing useful to post brief, breathless, irrelevant off topic reports and links without context. It does add to the hysteria and the great Buddha knows we have enough of that. I am getting convinced more and more that humans would rather be fearful and hysterical than happy. Send it to the National Inquirer. People who really want to know and have to know will find out. No need to be tapping people on the shoulder constantly to warn them that it is a dangerous world. It's tiresome to get unsolicited reminders all the time. Leave that to the news.

Remember too that well over 50% of these so called 'reports' are SPECULATION. A disclaimer should be required on each report: "Most of this report was gathered from unknown and unnamed individuals and most of the 'information' is specualtion and rumor from unsupported and unconfirmable sources." The first 'report' is repeated as the true story, when the story is repeated, it is often merely reporting that there was a report. There is vitutally NO first hand information and the media does not care. Why in the world do they interview EACH OTHER as a news report? Mindless, mindless, mindless. The truth is that no one really knows what is happening with the cartels. Not even the higher up members. Too many groups and people involved.

Lets have a topic for irrelevant, off topic violence, we can post pictures and everything.

Eat the strawberry, forget the lions.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'm going to go with Roberto here - just WTF are you trying to prove, Wahoo? The ongoing, meaningless reports of violence and cartels and such end here. It's one thing to report and discuss something relevant to Penasco, but we don't need a history of the Zetas in this thread. Find something else to occupy your time, okay?

Roberto

Wahoo Sez;
like I said knowledge dissipates fear.

I thought the information was useful to the pool here.

Hey amigo, I do think you are attempting to be helpful, pero I'm saying it that it is NOT Information or Knowledge. It's a MEDIA REPORT, more like rumor and innuendo. When you pass it on, you are reporting that there is a report which takes on the reality of actual true information which it is not. I also guarantee it that if I could repeatedly whisper into your ear "You are going to get bitten by a dog" at irregular intervals you would have a different reaction to an approaching dog than prior to the whispering.