Person killed visiting from Juarez?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
My question to the boosters is where were the cops?
Yeah, that has been sort of the million dollar question, hasn't it? An AK-47 is not a stealth weapon; it makes a lot of noise. And weapons fire so close to the Navy base and those guys weren't all over it in a heartbeat? They used to have machine-gun armed guards in stone turrets on duty 24/7 at the Navy base; I'd see 'em coming and going every time I went out. Nobody heard or responded to that gunfire? And, in a town as small as Penasco, these guys were able to make a clean getaway, even though the locals said they recognized the black jeep and had seen it around for a couple of days?

A whole bunch of things that just that make you say "Hmmmmmm."

And the 72 immigrant deaths? Wow, just wow. It's about as hideous a thing I've ever heard of. Right up there with the holocaust and other genocidal events. The complete and utter disregard for life to exterminate 72 people and stack them in a room is both sickening and unbelievable. Our next war is looming and we won't have to go around the world to fight it; we'll need only cross our own southern border. Despite the millions of USD given to fight the drug cartels, I think Calderon is losing the battle for his country. The war on drugs is becoming just that - a real war with heavily armed troops killing each other and innocent civilians. Somebody needs to cut the head of this snake off, once and for all.

30 YEARS OF HISTORY WITH MY WIFE EDNA. PLUS ALMOST ALL OF MY LIFE OF 70 YEARS.
I started camping on the beach 39 k below the border of California when I was about 8 years old. I have been going to Mexico on a regulas bassis ever since.
Never have I had any problems with anyone down there. I treat the people there like I want to be treated, with respect. I am no better than any of them I deal with.
Sure there are bad people and bad places but I don't go there. In my life I generaly believe when you hear that bad things have happened to good people it is because you do not hear the whole story. I love the town, the people and the culture. I feel safe there because the drug people kill there own and not the bystanders. You never hear that some one walked into a store down there and just started shooting every one, like in Phoenix.
Eg. I was talking to an older person here in Casa Grande the other day. He was riding a bike instead of driving. He told me how bad our local judge is because he took his drivers license, end of story. I questioned him about the incident that lead to his loss of license. Truth, He had been stopped and was drunk. Court appearance and did not go. Bench warrant and was arested, a little time in the pokey and a fine, still had his license. Failed to pay the fine, bench warrant, back to court, litle more time in the pokey and lost his license.
When you want the truth get the whole story from a reliable source.
Sorry for the rant but 1/2 stories p*** me off.

jerry

Legalize the dope and "induct' anyone that even looks like a narco in a civilian conservation corps and make them spend 5 years doing public works projects in mexico...hey most of the narcos are fat asses anyways some hard labor might be good for them!
Yeah, that has been sort of the million dollar question, hasn't it? An AK-47 is not a stealth weapon; it makes a lot of noise. And weapons fire so close to the Navy base and those guys weren't all over it in a heartbeat? They used to have machine-gun armed guards in stone turrets on duty 24/7 at the Navy base; I'd see 'em coming and going every time I went out. Nobody heard or responded to that gunfire? And, in a town as small as Penasco, these guys were able to make a clean getaway, even though the locals said they recognized the black jeep and had seen it around for a couple of days?

And the 72 immigrant deaths? Wow, just wow. It's about as hideous a thing I've ever heard of. Right up there with the holocaust and other genocidal events. The complete and utter disregard for life to exterminate 72 people and stack them in a room is both sickening and unbelievable. Our next war is looming and we won't have to go around the world to fight it; we'll need only cross our own southern border. Despite the millions of USD given to fight the drug cartels, I think Calderon is losing the battle for his country. The war on drugs is becoming just that - a real war with heavily armed troops killing each other and innocent civilians. Somebody needs to cut the head of this snake off, once and for all.

Stuart...I had the same questions when I read the report...I've launched my jetskis there many times. There is one way in and one way out......and there was no police or Navy activity?????

I've been on the Mirador when it used to be busy on weekends at night...and there was some "altercation"....the police would be there within a minute or two....in mass!!!

Well in my case it look like a Duck "siccario" smelled like Duck "AK-47 casings" and walked like a duck, "not one but 7 bullet holes" . It was a targeted attack.

Upon further thought and reading another forum and RP reactions (local) this was not what it seemed, ""the outside the tourists genre, nothing to do with "us" me""

The 'target' was indeed a tourist (non local) staying at a rented condo. This was not his first time doing the same. He was not involved in the drug trade but a affluent Spanish business owner of a Maquilladora, (manufacturing plant) hiring many Mexicans for labor and selling product abroad. Mainly to his original home land in Spain. He had dual citizenship, Mex - Spain traveling to Spain often. He was not a fisherman but liked his sport boat for ski and fun. The "girl" friend" was actually his wife. Again, I was wrong because I assumed the different names.

He was target of a kidnapping for money. A new business for easy cash from seemingly wealthy business owners by the mafia. He refused to go with them and struggled and ran. kidnappers do not like to be recognized and so the gun shoot out occurred.

Kidnapping for Ransom. :notme:
Wahoo...if it was a kidnapping, then that is more troubling than if it was a cartel "hit".

However, I do have a question....if it was a kidnapping gone wrong, why didn't they take the wife/child after they gunned him down? They would still have someone to collect a ransom for?????

Cartel defenders used to say it was just a way to get back at the Imperialists to the North but attacks like this and the horrifying 72 murders of Central and South Americans reported on this week make it clear it's not Brown people taking their piece of the empanada it's criminals preying on the rest of us.My question to the boosters is where were the cops?
Cartel defenders? Who would be that idiotic?

Kenny

The sole survivor

Unfortunately the 72 murders where also Kidnapings. The Mexican Government has asked help from Brazil, Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Honduras to help identify the gruesome find. The easiest kidnappings are immigrants that need to pay 50:50 upon arrival. They know their family has the other 50% fee so this is what they're after. If they can not pay there bodies are worthless to them. They are not in the biz to transport illegals but to prey on them for cash paid by families.

90%plus of the kidnappings in Arizona are from this breed. In migrants being "chantajiados". Doubly used, .. . mafia fighting coyotes for the prey.
Migrants killed for refusing to be assassins, teen says..MEXICO CITY — The sole survivor in the massacre of 72 illegal immigrants headed to the U.S. has said a notorious drug gang gunned them all down after they refused to work as assassins, according to a source at the prosecutor's office for the state of Tamaulipas quoted in Mexican media. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38867434/ns/world_news-americas/

jerry

Cartel defenders? Who would be that idiotic?
Check out youtube, they have songs honoring them,kids in Douglas where my friend who teaches 5th grade want to grow up to be Secarios....one will be president of mexico soon .
Old grudges die hard.The fact is we did steal a large part of mexico in the stacked deck treaty of Guadalupe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Guadalupe_Hidalgo
on the brighter side the people that were annexed lucked out compared to those left behind in the evil Hacienda system and then butchered in the revolution.

dmcauley

Again, it's not very diferent than the American Mafia. Who's going to try and stop someone w/an AK47. This is a problem that is affecting the emotions of us tourists and american full timers but so far the stray bullet hasn't hit. It's like the old time western towns, when the people start losing their livlihood over this nonsense they will step up to the plate and demand something be done,but, don't hold your breath It took the Us the better part of 75 years to get some semblance of control.

jerry

good story!
The bottom line:
"Ultimately, Mexico is a failed state only if you accept the idea that its goal is to crush the smugglers. If, on the other hand, one accepts the idea that all of Mexican society benefits from the inflow of billions of American dollars (even though it also pays a price), then the Mexican state has not failed — it is following a rational strategy to turn a national problem into a national benefit.

Read more: Mexico and the Failed State Revisited | STRATFOR

Kelney

Well, I thought I would venture up from the fishing forum and I must ask for us inquiring minds. What kind of boat did he have and is it now for sell at a bargain price?

Also, at least the hit man had some ethics, he waited for him to clean and SECURE his boat before feeding the guy a few lead pills. OK, granted I am not the most PC person in the world....

Mexico is what Mexico is, we all know it. I said it before, stay out of the narco's business and your chances of not getting the air let out of you are pretty good. Other than that, enjoy the cheap accommodations, hospitality, the great fishing and cold beer.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
That makes sense. I looked for an article in El Imparcial yesterday and found none. The only thing I could find yesterday was the article in Defrente. With this info, it does look like a failed kidnapping.

Come on Rosy! We are waiting.....