ProAlliance Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up: I called ProAlliance and Rosie Tuesday early AM and asking for a call back. This was concerning the 2013/2014 policy that was canceled for lack of payment. I am not asking for answers I am asking for return calls that assure me this is being looked into. $580 dollars for this policy and one year later I find out I had no insurance coverage. If I had the policies from the other years I would check into those also but I do not. I did renew my 2014/2015 with ACE but what recourse do I have for the previous year?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Again, I can only do what I can do...and I'm doing it. I am neither a cheat or a fraud and I will not leave anyone in the lurch. You can talk about what you've seen, but that isn't me. Even if several hundred policies needed to be replaced or clients demanded reimbursement, I'd borrow the money, but I would pay it. My clients are my friends and I have a responsibility to them, my employees and to my community. You can officially jump in the lake. Not for your accusations, interrogations and just making a pest of yourself, but because I see no more point to you. You asked your questions and they were answered. If clients of mine have more questions, they can communicate that to me.
I think some of us are just perplexed at the whole situation. Many on here have said you provide great service. I have too, from experiences I have heard. I completely understand why you would note the issues I mentioned (which I don't think you have denied). I suppose receiving that newsletter from the resort and posting the content of it was a good idea... because who knows if any of this would have been uncovered. Why are you telling your clients to call you directly rather than the insurance carrier is also perplexing. I get it, they are your clients. However with so many questions about coverage would you not want them to feel more comfortable by calling the underwriter or carrier?. My hope is that this whole thing does not revolved around any form of fraud. I hope that this is simply a horrible clerical error. Its just concerning hearing from others on a daily basis (on this site) that they have called and have no insurance even though they paid. So I guess the thread won't die down on its own. No need to answer since I'm in the lake.

hey! you finally showed a tiny sign of wit. as a reward, you're temporarily out of the lake. It doesn't bother me in the least if people call the carrier. I just didn't let you bully me into telling them to do so. Whether we tell them or mapfre does, it's the same outcome. your hope that isn't fraud is the nicest thing you've ever said to me, but i know better than to think you'll leave it at that. thank you for giving me the jump-off point for addressing my clients. now...even though you've got me at a soft moment...i still put 50 bucks on stuart and gv

danieT

We all understand that in some cases an offence is better than a defence. This is not one of those situations.

Mrs Glover: Please come clean with your activities, and give us all a confession or a simple denial. The evidence against you is mounting, and becoming very serious. Of course, we all hope you are totally clean and innocent, as Rocky Point does not need another negative headline that reaches the Az and TX media. The time has come to be very clear with folks who really want to trust you.

You were their trustee. They deserve the truth.

A large number of people trusted you, and paid you good money (a lot more than your claimed 150.00 per policy ) for insurance. There is a lot of evidence you received their money, but did not buy them the insurance coverage you represented. In some cases it seems you did not send the premium to the insurance company. In other cases there is evidence someone actually took steps to conceal the deceit by creating phoney policies. This goes well beyond errors or omissions.

1. is it true this conversion or defalcation of funds goes back at least a year, and more than 1 year ?

2. is it true no employee other than yourself benefited from the conversion or defalcation of funds?

3. if an employee benifited, please identify her/him, and explain how she/he got funds from your personal account

4. do you claim to not have personally benefited from the fake or non-paid policies?

5. Please post copies of your business bank account statements for the last 24 months. They should show money in from trusting clients, and money out to trusting insurance companies.

6.. do you plan to refund money for fake or non-paid policies that have expired, whether or not the client is still a client of your office?

7. how much converted or defalcated money have you or your staff, family or friends, benefited from personally or corporately, directly or indirectly, in the last 24 months?

8. have you ever paid an insurance claim of any amount from your own or company funds, other than by a check from an insurance company?

9. what is the total amount of money that has been converted or defalcated since you opened your business?

10. if you feel an employee created the fake policies, who is this person, and how did she/he benefit from this?

11. do you have any third party insurance coverage in USA or MX for your errors, omissions or defalcation ?

Please note these questions are the product of a group of folks who will not benefit in any way from the truth.

Who the hell are you? If I owe you a refund or a new policy, then say so so I can settle up. If not, then I owe you nothing.

A large number of people trusted you, and paid you good money (a lot more than your claimed 150.00 per policy ) for insurance.
If you have reason to believe the average policy is more than that, please do elaborate, genius.

There is a lot of evidence you received their money, but did not buy them the insurance coverage you represented. In some cases it seems you did not send the premium to the insurance company. In other cases there is evidence someone actually took steps to conceal the deceit by creating phoney policies. This goes well beyond errors or omissions.

A lot of evidence? You idiot, I'm not in court. I've been forthcoming and am doing what I can. You've reached the conclusion that I owe clients for policies? Gee...no wonder I've offered refunds....

1. is it true this conversion or defalcation of funds goes back at least a year, and more than 1 year ?
- See above

2. is it true no employee other than yourself benefited from the conversion or defalcation of funds?
- I don't know where you're getting this. I have said nothing of the sort

3. if an employee benifited, please identify her/him, and explain how she/he got funds from your personal account
- I have no intention of throwing anyone under the bus without solid proof, especially since I know how it feels. Let me remind you that I am bound by the labor laws of Mexico and that I would have to be even dumber than I am to start pointing fingers at anyone. You are no one to demand names. I will say only that money must be withdrawn from my account to then be deposited in Mexico to Mapfre. I have NEVER made these deposits personally.

4. do you claim to not have personally benefited from the fake or non-paid policies?
- Can't you read? How the hell can you consider what I'm going through a benefit? Multiply the money by 10 and it isn't enough. Don't you realize that if most people trust me there's a reason for it?

5. Please post copies of your business bank account statements for the last 24 months. They should show money in from trusting clients, and money out to trusting insurance companies.
- Sure...you sit there and hold your breath...I'll be right back with my entire bank statements.

6.. do you plan to refund money for fake or non-paid policies that have expired, whether or not the client is still a client of your office?
- Obviously you can't read. I have refunded money to the two clients who have asked me to. I have issued one check for $727.40 and another for $153.00 In addition I've paid $1,669.83 to Mapfre for 8 new policies (do the math if you want to see what it averages). I've provided ACE policies for those clients who have agreed to the change. I haven't made any distinction at all. I've made it clear to all that if we were paid for a policy, I will be personally responsible and am standing by my word.

7. how much converted or defalcated money have you or your staff, family or friends, benefited from personally or corporately, directly or indirectly, in the last 24 months?

- Do you have any idea what you're talking about? No one has benefited that I know of. If I find someone, I'll turn them over to you for placement in the pillory.

8. have you ever paid an insurance claim of any amount from your own or company funds, other than by a check from an insurance company?

- NEVER. I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND INDICATIONS TO THE CONTRARY. You're starting to piss me off. You're Dry Heat on steroids. I have addressed this previously.

9. what is the total amount of money that has been converted or defalcated since you opened your business?
- Are you insane?

10. if you feel an employee created the fake policies, who is this person, and how did she/he benefit from this?
- You're repeating yourself

11. do you have any third party insurance coverage in USA or MX for your errors, omissions or defalcation ?
- do you even know what you're talking about?

Please note these questions are the product of a group of folks who will not benefit in any way from the truth.
-Bullcrap. "A group of folks" who, if they were affected, would be calling me for their refunds. Are you expecting me to believe that this "group" voted YOU the spokesperson? Didn't they have anyone who could write? Now go relieve Dry Heat in the lake...you've made me miss him.

I apologize to the rest of you normal people. What's going on is difficult but I promised I'd get through it and I will. Those of you who have legitimate questions, I'll answer what I can.

OK here's the deal - you attorneys or attorney-types are deposing Rosy in an open forum. You know that any good lawyer wouldn't allow that and wouldn't allow her to answer most of those questions. "Please post copies of your business bank accounts for the past 24 months?" Overly broad and burdensome and irrelevant. You know that. Come on - let her finish her audit and investigation. I don't think it is necessary for her to post results to the public - only people that have done business that is or could be affected should meet with her and figure this out. She already mentioned that she had someone asking for refund that never did business with her. I'm not taking sides just trying to throw an idea out there.

I worked on a case like this years ago - different kind of business but same idea. Customers paid for something, customers got receipts that were handwritten. A bad employee setup a fake company called "IRS Landscaping" at another bank and the bad employee owned that account. Bad employee made out checks to IRS for tax payments and owner signed. Bad employee deposited those checks into IRS Landscaping account and took the money. The real IRS filed on owner for not paying taxes and especially employment taxes. First pass showed that IRS was paid . IRS said no we haven't been paid. It took a lot of work but the owner was vindicated and someone went to jail that wasn't the owner. There are all sorts of possibilities and it will take time to figure this out. Since we always talk about "if this were the US" then I'll say "if this were the US we'd assume the person is innocent until proven guilty." We wouldn't ask for the person to prove their innocence in an open forum. We'd had to present evidence of guilt -beyond a reasonable doubt- in a criminal case and beyond a preponderance of evidence in a civil case. That isn't happening here. Guilty is all everyone is saying. That isn't right. I could and dry heat could probably tell you all kinds of stories like this that would blow your mind on how complicated or how simple they were but the accused had nothing to do with it. Since my periods are followed by double-spaces you can guess I've been typing way before computers so I've been around for a while. Now I'll shut up and go back into the corner and eat crayons.

Sounds like Rosie needs to be water boarded or sent to Gitmo for a full confession according to DanieTTTTT!!!.
That angry person needs to be added to the invite list for the Rumble behind GG with GV and Stuart. ;)

GV Jack

Snorin God
Sounds like Rosie needs to be water boarded or sent to Gitmo for a full confession according to DanieTTTTT!!!.
That angry person needs to be added to the invite list for the Rumble behind GG with GV and Stuart. ;)
I've got a special extra large purse with a humongous brick for this job. Let me at 'em!!!!

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
What the eff is defalcated? That's not even a word. This has gone on long enough. Yes, from a moderator that can do away with this crap. One more word and you are gone.......
It means embezzle. Fortunately Mexico has strict requirements for what is needed to open a bank account, thus having an employee open up a fake account under someone else's name is not very common.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I am here in Rocky Point, trying to have a good time but I am having to babysit people who aren't here and don't have a dog in the fight, Dry Heat. Leave it the eff alone! I really want to swear.......

GV Jack

Snorin God
Hang on there Madam Moderator. Things are just getting good. I think it will be a fair fight at Guau Guau's with Dry Heaves and Danea and Stuart.
Remember Stuart, I'm right behind you. I'm always behind you. Now defelcated is the past participle of defacate, the meaning of which beats the sh@t out of me.

Rosy, I have a word of advice, which is worth what you're paying for it. You have answered these Junior Perry Masons enough. I would use my energy to get
to the bottom of this mess, make it right, straighten out your internal systems and go to Pan y Vino for a good meal.

Rosie, feel free to use this with Rocky Point Talk….

Dear Rocky Point Talk:

I was very surprised to read the ProAlliance thread on Rocky Point Talk last night. My name is Jim Labelle, and I am the owner of International Insurance Group, Inc. We are an insurance managing general agent specializing in Mexico Insurance, which means that we manage the sales, premium collections, Surplus Lines licensing, and data management for Tourist Auto, Home and Condo insurance products.

We provide this service for several Mexico Insurers, including GNP and ACE. Our operation was founded 15 years ago, and we have nearly 1,000 agents (like Rosie), from all over the USA, Canada, and Mexico, who place Mexico Insurance each year via our Managing General Agency.

The main reason for our success is the operational systems which we have built, which automates all payments and communications, data uploads, etc between our agents and the Mexico Insurers. In reading the thread, it appears to me that the problems that Rosie is encountering with Mapfre are a result of antiquated accounting and data management systems. I cannot speak for Mapfre, but in my experience many of the systems that continue to be used by some insurers, not just in Mexico but also in the USA, have not been modernized in quite some time, and thus lead to not only accounting errors, but other problems that result from the use of antiquated systems. In fact, as hard as it is to believe, some agents before they come to us are still using paper, handwritten policies instead of immediate, internet issued policies from a database which communicates directly with the insurers for data upload, claims, and accounting!

We first met Rosie in 2007. We had been seeking a professional, reputable agent in Rocky Point for years, and we found one in Rosie. Since that time, Rosie has placed over 4,000 Tourist Auto, Home and Condo policies via our operation with ACE and GNP. Rosie has paid us for each of these policies on time, and each policy is immediately uploaded into the respective insurer’s accounting, claims, and policy servicing database. (As an example, while Hurricane Odile hit Cabo only one month ago, our partner ACE has already adjusted Home and Condo claims by the hundreds, totaling several million US dollars in losses. Together with ACE, we were able to retrieve every policy in Cabo from our database on the day after the hurricane, and proactively inspect these insured locations for damage, and start the claims process immediately).

Again, I can not speak to the systems that Mapfre has in place for agents like Rosie, but my belief based on my experience is that the problems that Mapfre policyholders are experiencing stem primarily from accounting systems and operational systems issues between ProAlliance and Mapfre, and not any other factors. As far as our operation is concerned, we continue to trust and count on Rosie to be our exclusive agency representative in Rocky Point.

Best Regards,

Jim Labelle
CEO
International Insurance Group, Inc.

Hang on there Madam Moderator. Things are just getting good. I think it will be a fair fight at Guau Guau's with Dry Heaves and Danea and Stuart.
Remember Stuart, I'm right behind you. I'm always behind you. Now defelcated is the past participle of defacate, the meaning of which beats the sh@t out of me.

Rosy, I have a word of advice, which is worth what you're paying for it. You have answered these Junior Perry Masons enough. I would use my energy to get
to the bottom of this mess, make it right, straighten out your internal systems and go to Pan y Vino for a good meal.
Thanks, Jack. You're right, but there are lurkers out there that need to know who I am. Someday, when the bubble bursts elsewhere, they'll hopefully remember that at least I stood up and did what's right when the poop hit my fan. I was very gratified by the above letter from the CEO of IIG. Hopefully, this will soon be over. My clients and friends are truly wonderful. Even the two cancellations we've had, the people could not have been more gracious and kind. I was sorry to see them go, but understand their decision. My eternal gratitude to those who have given us the benefit of the doubt.
P.S. After a long, hard day...hit Pane e Vino last night. Excellent suggestion~

Status
Not open for further replies.