ProAlliance Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
In my practice I have seen people literally give up their life to vouch for someone. I have heard statements such as 'I have done business with this person for decades, had them in my wedding, lived with them, their my parent, child, etc'. I have seen emotions and feelings about someone cloud their judgement on hundreds of occasions.

I still don't understand how making up policies is just a mistake or something that can just be sorted out.

These are issues that in the states would be taken very seriously by various entities. I am glad though that some are getting the opportunity to call the carrier and find out the status of their policy. Unfortunately, we don't have the safety measures we have in the states. we literally have to find out in forums what is going on in order to proactively protect ourselves. This unfortunate topic might end up being one of the most important on this forum.

I don't know this person or business. I only see the results.

dmcauley

I have never met Rosie and have no plans in that regard, but to suggest these "irregularities" should not be exposed, and should be covered up, and edited out by the moderator, is irresponsible to the extreme. If it fact folks were paying good money for fake policies that "went astray" before it reached the Insurance company, do you have any idea the problem there would be if a home burned to the ground, or you had a car accident where a local was badly injured? Any suggestion Pro Alliance would cover the loss from her own resources is naive.
The information is a good thing. The unfriendly banter is a bunch of bullcrap. Why can't we state facts and leave the BS out of it. I never suggested what this clown is writing about, read what I wrote please, you are the person editing my words.

Landshark

I agree with Jerry on this mess thinking this is more about sloppy bookkeeping than fraud. And I'll bet the errors are being made on both ends, ProAlliance & Mapfre. It is good this all surfaced before there was a major claim for everybody's sake, but the ongoing repetitive bashing is getting ridiculous. How many times do the same things need to be said? It's like beating a dead horse, enough is enough. If this turns out to be a joint bookkeeping error, there will be people eating crow for a long time.

I have never met Rosie and have no plans in that regard, but to suggest these "irregularities" should not be exposed, and should be covered up, and edited out by the moderator, is irresponsible to the extreme. If it fact folks were paying good money for fake policies that "went astray" before it reached the Insurance company, do you have any idea the problem there would be if a home burned to the ground, or you had a car accident where a local was badly injured? Any suggestion Pro Alliance would cover the loss from her own resources is naive.
It's clear to me that we must continue with our audit and issue replacement policies and reimbursements to some clients. Once that is done, I'll be better able to address the questions you raise. Even posting on this forum and answering your questions is secondary to speaking to my clients individually.

By the way, I am calling out jamesishere as someone who doesn't appear to have been a client of ours.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Hey, you forgot to post the contact information for Mapfre !!! :D:D:D
Thank you for the reminder. Considering the thread is deep and some are finding out that the policy #'s are not real policy#'s, it may be a good time to post the contact info for the insurance carrier so that one can find out if they actually have a policy...

Mapfre (speaks english):
Gerardo González Eguía
Responsable División Internacional
Tel. (619) 662-1194
Fax (619) 662-1106
Toll-free 1-800-357-0091
[email protected]

What we've found so far:

1. The problem extends to only Mapfre policies.
2. People concerned that their places might have suffered rain damage should remember that Mapfre doesn't offer Hydro coverage to beachfront properties. Beachfront is considered anything within 500 meters from the highest tide.
3. All auto policies and all ACE, AXA, GNP, driver's license policies etc. are in place and current
4. One of the reasons I suggest ACE is that payment is made by credit card directly to the underwriter. Even when that isn't done, their system is set up to charge me for all policies issued at the end of each month.
5. After all is said and done I intend to post a recap for the purposes of transparency, keeping clients names and unit numbers out, of course.
6. I feel that some on this forum are asking for explanations that I can't yet give. I have no problem with being in the hot seat...the screwup was mine, after all. What I don't want to do is answer questions only to have my those answers tossed aside as excuses. If we're allowed to first complete the audit, the answers will obviously be more conclusive.

7. One thing we have found is that not everyone with an invalid policy is in the same boat. Here are the differences:

A. 5 policies where the numbers don't coincide. These are the most worrisome and we're going to pinpoint where these originated. Refunds and/or replacement policies are being offered to all.
B. 15 policies that were cancelled for lack of payment, although the client file clearly shows proof that payment was made to our office. These clients are being offered a full refund or a one year policy.
C. Sometimes due to an error on a Mapfre policy or if payment has taken longer than one month to pay, we'll cancel that one and reissue a new one. We've found 14 in this category. The original policy number was expired but there was a new one in place.
D. Sometimes a deposit is made into the account and the client doesn't inform us that payment has been made. Usually we keep an eye on that and see who makes deposits, but (especially if it's made in cash), there's no client name so we won't know whom to credit for that payment. It's just helpful to get a heads up that payment was made. We found 4 of these that were cancelled because we had no idea payment had been made.

Lastly:
1 person posted that he's affected although he isn't a client of ours.
3 people have contacted our office for a full refund...even though they weren't clients of ours

As of right now, 2 clients have opted for a full refund. 8 have stayed with us and renewed with Mapfre. The rest we've spoken with have stayed with us and transferred to ACE.

danieT

"I have no problem with being in the hot seat...the screwup was mine, after all."

It's admirable you are dealing with this problem. A sizeable number of Rocky Talk members report their insurance policies have been faked by someone, and others paid but the money never left your personal USA account. We are all confident you are perfectly honest. A few of us have been working together and with their help these are a few question we all are asking. We are confident your answers should put this all behind this forum:

1. you said earlier you had hundreds, or thousands, of customers. Maybe 2 dozen have reported to this forum about getting no insurance they paid for. What is the insurance status of all the other hundreds, or thousands, who don't know anything about this forum? Can you assure this forum there are no more than 24 folks TOTAL who paid you for protection, but got none?

2. of the 24 forum members who paid, but their money never made it to Mapfre, or whichever Company, where did the money go, and where is it now?

3. for the 24 who paid but got no insurance, would an estimate of 12,000 USD be a fair estimate of the vanished premiums for these 24 folks?

4. do you feel there could possiby be more than 24 folks who paid, but have no insurance, or do you say this group of 24 is the maximum? This question duplicates one above, but having your assurance twice would be helpful.

4. for the 5 forum members who got fabricated policy #'s, given you say the screw-up was yours, do you personally admit creating those numbers? If not, whom do you blame for this act? Is it possible some new computer system in your office came up with the policy #s on its own? Have you fired any staff members because of this? Phoney policies are not an error or omission, and are very serious.

5. can you assure this forum no more than 5 families got fake numbers, or is it possible there could be more than 5 from your hundreds of customers?

6 have you shared any of this info with the actual insurance companies, and if so, have they issued any apologies or explanations you can share with us ?

7 if the Insurance companies are at fault, why are you personally offering refunds or free policies?

8 We've learned from Insurance friends that tracking direct deposits to the agent's account can lead to temporary confusion and errors. They also say that with some work it gets sorted out and funds are eventually matched with policies. Are the 4 folks in this category members of this forum, or do you say the 4 folks are the total from your thousands of customers?

9 if the premiums from these 4 folks would have totalled around 2000 USD, where are those funds now? What did you do with these "mystery" funds? Do you still have those funds?

10. when you received "unknown" money by 4 seperate deposits to your personal USA account ( representing 4 folks who were trying to pay for their policy), did your records ever red-flag 4 files where booked policies appeared to be unpaid? This would have prompted you to contact the homeowner and ask why there was no payment. Did you do this?

10. what experience did you have, prior to Mexico, in an Insurance office? If so, where and what was the name and location?

11. you are processing $ hundreds of thousands of US Dollar premiums each year, and selling Millions of Dollars of Insurance protection from major life-changing losses. You are not bonded in Mexico, as you would be in USA. For most of us, the loss of a home in Mexico, if there was no insurance, would wipe out most of our retirement assets. Having absolute faith in an isurance agent is vital. Please tell us your background/history prior to Mexico to assure us there is nothing to worry about. We all here very much want to trust you and want to see you have done nothing illegal.

garyd

"I have no problem with being in the hot seat...the screwup was mine, after all."

It's admirable you are dealing with this problem. A sizeable number of Rocky Talk members report their insurance policies have been faked by someone, and others paid but the money never left your personal USA account. We are all confident you are perfectly honest. A few of us have been working together and with their help these are a few question we all are asking. We are confident your answers should put this all behind this forum:

1. you said earlier you had hundreds, or thousands, of customers. Maybe 2 dozen have reported to this forum about getting no insurance they paid for. What is the insurance status of all the other hundreds, or thousands, who don't know anything about this forum? Can you assure this forum there are no more than 24 folks TOTAL who paid you for protection, but got none?

2. of the 24 forum members who paid, but their money never made it to Mapfre, or whichever Company, where did the money go, and where is it now?

3. for the 24 who paid but got no insurance, would an estimate of 12,000 USD be a fair estimate of the vanished premiums for these 24 folks?

4. do you feel there could possiby be more than 24 folks who paid, but have no insurance, or do you say this group of 24 is the maximum? This question duplicates one above, but having your assurance twice would be helpful.

4. for the 5 forum members who got fabricated policy #'s, given you say the screw-up was yours, do you personally admit creating those numbers? If not, whom do you blame for this act? Is it possible some new computer system in your office came up with the policy #s on its own? Have you fired any staff members because of this? Phoney policies are not an error or omission, and are very serious.

5. can you assure this forum no more than 5 families got fake numbers, or is it possible there could be more than 5 from your hundreds of customers?

6 have you shared any of this info with the actual insurance companies, and if so, have they issued any apologies or explanations you can share with us ?

7 if the Insurance companies are at fault, why are you personally offering refunds or free policies?

8 We've learned from Insurance friends that tracking direct deposits to the agent's account can lead to temporary confusion and errors. They also say that with some work it gets sorted out and funds are eventually matched with policies. Are the 4 folks in this category members of this forum, or do you say the 4 folks are the total from your thousands of customers?

9 if the premiums from these 4 folks would have totalled around 2000 USD, where are those funds now? What did you do with these "mystery" funds? Do you still have those funds?

10. when you received "unknown" money by 4 seperate deposits to your personal USA account ( representing 4 folks who were trying to pay for their policy), did your records ever red-flag 4 files where booked policies appeared to be unpaid? This would have prompted you to contact the homeowner and ask why there was no payment. Did you do this?

10. what experience did you have, prior to Mexico, in an Insurance office? If so, where and what was the name and location?

11. you are processing $ hundreds of thousands of US Dollar premiums each year, and selling Millions of Dollars of Insurance protection from major life-changing losses. You are not bonded in Mexico, as you would be in USA. For most of us, the loss of a home in Mexico, if there was no insurance, would wipe out most of our retirement assets. Having absolute faith in an isurance agent is vital. Please tell us your background/history prior to Mexico to assure us there is nothing to worry about. We all here very much want to trust you and want to see you have done nothing illegal.
Do you have insurance through Proaliance or are you just curios?

az-dan

As a business person I have made mistakes. As a business owner my employees have made mistakes and some have ripped me and my customers off. It is easy to stand on the sidelines and say that the owner was corrupt, lying, covering things up and planned it. Sometimes as owners we get complacent and sometimes we trust our employees too much and we get burned. As a long time customer of ProAlliance for both auto and condo insurance I understand that an unfortunate situation took place. I believe that accepting responsibility for it, making it right with whomever and put checks in-place to make sure it doesn’t take place again is good enough to me. I would like to know of those asking questions how many have policies with ProAlliance? Has anyone lost money or been denied a claim? I understand the “at risk” and the what “if’s” but I’m talking loss.

As a business person I have made mistakes. As a business owner my employees have made mistakes and some have ripped me and my customers off. It is easy to stand on the sidelines and say that the owner was corrupt, lying, covering things up and planned it. Sometimes as owners we get complacent and sometimes we trust our employees too much and we get burned. As a long time customer of ProAlliance for both auto and condo insurance I understand that an unfortunate situation took place. I believe that accepting responsibility for it, making it right with whomever and put checks in-place to make sure it doesn’t take place again is good enough to me. I would like to know of those asking questions how many have policies with ProAlliance? Has anyone lost money or been denied a claim? I understand the “at risk” and the what “if’s” but I’m talking loss.
Thank you, Dan.

1. Our records don’t show the number as 24. I posted the real numbers over the weekend. Those numbers aren’t restricted to members of this forum. They reflect the total we’ve found to date as a result of the audit.

2. If money was misappropriated it will be discovered. In the meantime I will proceed with the priorities I’ve laid out in other posts.

3. No. there’s no way it would reach even half that amount. The average policy is about $150 dollars. Some are higher, so let’s say $200. That means that as of right now we’re talking about $3,600

4. Although we haven’t reached 24 affected policies, it’s conceivable that we might. I can’t say with assurance until we’ve completed our audit.

4. HELL NO…I never fabricated anything. I explained in an earlier post that I assume full responsibility because I’m responsible for everything that happens in my business. Always have been, always will be. If I blame someone else, I certainly won’t do so publically without indisputable proof. We have had a turnover of staff and everything is being looked over very carefully.

5. First of all, when I issue an assurance, it will be to my clients. Secondly, how can I know now what the final outcome of the audit will be?

6. Everyone should be aware that I have spoken at length not only with that carrier, but with our other insurance providers as well as with our agents in Chihuahua. I don’t understand what they would have to apologize for. The problems seem to have originated in our office.

7. I’m not blaming the underwriter. Yes, we found a few inconsistencies on their end, but nothing that would void the policy. Make no mistake…I’m not offering free policies. People have paid us for policies that aren’t valid or have expired due to lack of payment. Those people trusted us. It’s clear to me that the responsibility to make things right lies with me.

8. I have no way of knowing who’s on this forum and who isn’t. Any numbers I share are the total of what we’ve found overall.

9. Mystery funds? Obviously when that occurs, we’re aware a deposit was made. The problem is we don’t know how to apply it. We leave that alone until someone comes forward to let us know it was theirs. Once we learned of those 4, the same offer to reimburse or emit a new policy was made to them. The reason I like the ACE policies is that clients pay with a credit or debit card directly to the carrier’s account. Even those clients who choose to pay with cash or check aren’t risking anything because at the end of the month every single unpaid policy is charged against my commissions, so there are no automatic cancellations.

10. This is part of where the breakdown has occurred. Files that we think haven’t been paid are separated and from time to time I will go through and personally contact people. This time, because I’ve been dealing with personal issues, I didn’t do my part by contacting those clients.

11. My experience is enough to have kept me in good standing for all these years on both sides of the border.

12. This is actually a pretty smart question. I was in Real Estate for 28 years in the US, (licensed in 3 States) and 4 more years here. I was a top-producing sales agent and there’s never been a hint of trouble. The worst skeleton in my closet is an ex-husband or two. I am 63 years old, mother of 5 (3 biological, 1 adopted and 1 stepson) and although they didn’t all come to me as infants or in the usual manner, they are all equally mine. I have 6 grandchildren and 1 great-grandson.

The most relevant thing I can tell you about my history is this:

Several years ago, while transitioning from real estate to insurance, I sold the land in Las Conchas that you come to just before you get to Tessoro. According to my contract with my broker, the $2.5 MILLION dollar commission was to be split 70%/30% with me getting the 70. I could’ve done what others have done and decide to go solo, proceed with the transaction as an independent agent and been a millionaire. It never even came close to happening. That’s not me. And even though I eventually got paid only a fraction of what I should’ve received and then was ripped off for $100,000 of what I did collect, I’ve never once regretted doing what was right. At age 55 I had to start from scratch. I was scared shitless but I sued and it went all the way to the Supreme Court in Mexico. I won at each level and while I haven’t yet collected, the interest is accruing at a hefty rate. It was tough, but so am I. I sold my boat, my truck, and anything else I could, just to keep ProAlliance afloat and pay my employees. I drove around in the ugliest pickup in town and didn’t worry about it. All without once regretting that I didn't act unethically and take that commission with me as an independent. It would’ve changed who I am…and I’m too old to reinvent myself.

My apologies to all who are tired of this thread.

1. Our records don’t show the number as 24. I posted the real numbers over the weekend. Those numbers aren’t restricted to members of this forum. They reflect the total we’ve found to date as a result of the audit.

2. If money was misappropriated it will be discovered. In the meantime I will proceed with the priorities I’ve laid out in other posts.

3. No. there’s no way it would reach even half that amount. The average policy is about $150 dollars. Some are higher, so let’s say $200. That means that as of right now we’re talking about $3,600

4. Although we haven’t reached 24 affected policies, it’s conceivable that we might. I can’t say with assurance until we’ve completed our audit.

4. HELL NO…I never fabricated anything. I explained in an earlier post that I assume full responsibility because I’m responsible for everything that happens in my business. Always have been, always will be. If I blame someone else, I certainly won’t do so publically without indisputable proof. We have had a turnover of staff and everything is being looked over very carefully.

5. First of all, when I issue an assurance, it will be to my clients. Secondly, how can I know now what the final outcome of the audit will be?

6. Everyone should be aware that I have spoken at length not only with that carrier, but with our other insurance providers as well as with our agents in Chihuahua. I don’t understand what they would have to apologize for. The problems seem to have originated in our office.

7. I’m not blaming the underwriter. Yes, we found a few inconsistencies on their end, but nothing that would void the policy. Make no mistake…I’m not offering free policies. People have paid us for policies that aren’t valid or have expired due to lack of payment. Those people trusted us. It’s clear to me that the responsibility to make things right lies with me.

8. I have no way of knowing who’s on this forum and who isn’t. Any numbers I share are the total of what we’ve found overall.

9. Mystery funds? Obviously when that occurs, we’re aware a deposit was made. The problem is we don’t know how to apply it. We leave that alone until someone comes forward to let us know it was theirs. Once we learned of those 4, the same offer to reimburse or emit a new policy was made to them. The reason I like the ACE policies is that clients pay with a credit or debit card directly to the carrier’s account. Even those clients who choose to pay with cash or check aren’t risking anything because at the end of the month every single unpaid policy is charged against my commissions, so there are no automatic cancellations.

10. This is part of where the breakdown has occurred. Files that we think haven’t been paid are separated and from time to time I will go through and personally contact people. This time, because I’ve been dealing with personal issues, I didn’t do my part by contacting those clients.

11. My experience is enough to have kept me in good standing for all these years on both sides of the border.

12. This is actually a pretty smart question. I was in Real Estate for 28 years in the US, (licensed in 3 States) and 4 more years here. I was a top-producing sales agent and there’s never been a hint of trouble. The worst skeleton in my closet is an ex-husband or two. I am 63 years old, mother of 5 (3 biological, 1 adopted and 1 stepson) and although they didn’t all come to me as infants or in the usual manner, they are all equally mine. I have 6 grandchildren and 1 great-grandson.

The most relevant thing I can tell you about my history is this:

Several years ago, while transitioning from real estate to insurance, I sold the land in Las Conchas that you come to just before you get to Tessoro. According to my contract with my broker, the $2.5 MILLION dollar commission was to be split 70%/30% with me getting the 70. I could’ve done what others have done and decide to go solo, proceed with the transaction as an independent agent and been a millionaire. It never even came close to happening. That’s not me. And even though I eventually got paid only a fraction of what I should’ve received and then was ripped off for $100,000 of what I did collect, I’ve never once regretted doing what was right. At age 55 I had to start from scratch. I was scared shitless but I sued and it went all the way to the Supreme Court in Mexico. I won at each level and while I haven’t yet collected, the interest is accruing at a hefty rate. It was tough, but so am I. I sold my boat, my truck, and anything else I could, just to keep ProAlliance afloat and pay my employees. I drove around in the ugliest pickup in town and didn’t worry about it. All without once regretting that I didn't act unethically and take that commission with me as an independent. It would’ve changed who I am…and I’m too old to reinvent myself.

My apologies to all who are tired of this thread.

Yes Rosie, I was a client of yours for a few years, and you helped me gratis with a very contentious real estate dispute in which I eventually prevailed.
I feel that the time may have come for you to cease defending yourself against these unfounded accusations, as you have been, and are totally forthcoming in my opinion. Would any sane person risk and jeopardize a decades' long reputation for a few thousand dollars....and then remain present for all of this?
It seems that there will always be those who know more than others, and are very pleased to pontificate to the rest of us.
I am confident that once your diligence has been completed, you will explain all, and the methods you've put in place to prevent a recurrence.
Yes, I too am tired of this thread, but my confidence and trust in you remains. I know you will remain strong.

Some people may be tiring of this thread, but I'm glad it's here and appreciate the information.

I have been a customer of ProAlliance for a couple of years and I've always received great service.

I was originally an auto insurance customer and more recently, because of the great service I received, I switched my condo insurance over to Mapfre through ProAlliance.

I had not heard from Rosie or Paty or anyone from ProAlliance, as to whether I might be one of the problem policies. I only knew what I read here on the forum.

Yesterday, as a precaution, I emailed Gerardo González Eguía at Mapfre to confirm that I had a valid policy. Today, I received an email back that my policy was cancelled for non-payment.

I've left a message a ProAlliance and sent Rosie a copy of the cancelled check that cleared my account for payment. I like Rosie and have been a satisfied customer of ProAlliance, but I hope I get some real answers soon!

While I don't agree with everything dryheat has posted here, I do agree that customers should independently check with Mapfre as to the status of their policies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.