Problems on the U.S. Side

"
The prisons here in NM as well as thru out the states are crowded with individuals that speak as you do that one day found themselves in a position that they had to shall we say back their talk up with as you say the pigs I wish you well as you continue your journey it has the appearances that it will be very troublesome and full of obstacles that you will not be able to suppress and overcome and will find yourself being controlled by the very ones as you call them the pigs and that as per your posts will find it impossible to bare that cross

WTF ??
LOL!

jerry

Never talk to the police Never Talk to the Police | Quick Hitts
No I don't pick fights with violent people who have firearms and pretty much a carte blanche to kill whoever they want. However, they are pigs and if they don't realize it, hopefully they'll have an epiphany someday and try to endeavor to do something productive with their lives. I actually don't say a whole lot when I deal with the pigs. I generally exercise my Fifth Amendment rights. Nothing good comes out of talking to the pigs.

Last edited:

jerry

Silva from the honest Libertarian Right(Mr. Moore) to the commie left (well, me) the complaints about the militarization of the American Police,the growth of the prison industry (America number one in incarcerations baby!) and the general stomping on our constitution over the last 10 years because 21 Saudi bus boys with box cutters scared a unprepared George Bush into going all Mussolini on the world (yep us included) then the smartest guy in the class (Obama) takes over and sucks up to the same war and prision machine and here we are....America the unfree where big brother isn't just watching he's got his hand in your underwear!

The prisons here in NM as well as thru out the states are crowded with individuals that speak as you do that one day found themselves in a position that they had to shall we say back their talk up with as you say the pigs I wish you well as you continue your journey it has the appearances that it will be very troublesome and full of obstacles that you will not be able to suppress and overcome and will find yourself being controlled by the very ones as you call them the pigs and that as per your posts will find it impossible to bare that cross

Sil.

jerry

Funny!!!!...over the last 40 years thanks to the war on drugs every black man,Mexican -American and anglo counter-culture type have gotten or just missed being nailed by the state with a drug felony.It's a hard row to hoe having a felony on your back in modern America.

Let me start by saying that I haven't referred to police as pigs since 1970. When I read your comment about the crowded prisons, that little counter-culture rebel that still inhabits a little corner of my psyche, screamed "Those prisons would be less crowded if the pigs weren't so power-mad, trigger-happy and quick to make an arrest...any arrest".

Aside from that, Silvia, it's too bad you've decided Rocky Point isn't for you, but something about the reasons for your decision don't ring quite true. Almost as if you really weren't gonna come down anyway. Perhaps you have a little extra time on your hands and just wanted to interact on the forum?

Kenny

When they passed and started using the "no knock" law there was still some civil disobedience going on, but we never had a chance against that (pun intended) door opener.

Kenny

Funny!!!!...over the last 40 years thanks to the war on drugs every black man,Mexican -American and anglo counter-culture type have gotten or just missed being nailed by the state with a drug felony.It's a hard row to hoe having a felony on your back in modern America.
Yep, even some of our right wing "conservative" friends on this forum could be consider outlaws. Right Stuart?..:eek:

playaperro

El Pirata
I don't ever comment or say much on here, oh well, after reading this thread are they selling mushrooms in sonora?

Silvia

User is currently banned
As entertaining as this discussion has become it is now the proper hour of this fine day that we were blessed with to go to one of our fine mexican eating establishments we will be seated in an hour having one of our favorite dishes taquitos with two big scoops of guacamole piled high on each of three of them with rice and the finest beans in all of NM you may think of us in said hour if we I can find the time in this sunny day I upon return I will attempt to address some of your concerns that is assuming that as some of you members refer to these individuals that are protecting us all pigs don't take us to the NM prison now our lunch early dinner awaits us please think of us in said hour

As entertaining as this discussion has become, it is now the proper hour of this fine day that we were blessed with to go to one of our fine mexican eating establishments. We will be seated in an hour having one of our favorite dishes, taquitos with two big scoops of guacamole piled high on each of three of them, with rice and the finest beans in all of NM. You may think of us in said hour, if we I (???)can find the time in this sunny day, I, upon return, I will attempt to address some of your concerns, that is, assuming that as some of you members refer to, these individuals that are protecting us all, pigs, don't take us to the NM prison. Now our lunch, early dinner awaits us. Please think of us in said hour.
My humble attempt at "readability"! :rofl:

Kenny

We will be seated in an hour having one of our favorite dishes, taquitos with two big scoops of guacamole piled high on each of three of them, with rice and the finest beans in all of NM. You may think of us in said hour
OK, I'm thinking about you right now at 12:21 and my thought is after spending 7 years in N.M. myself and love the food there, why in the hell are you eating taquitos instead of some Carne adobada with some Sopaipilla's for desert?

audsley

Ordinarily I stick with my resolve to use this forum solely for recreational and educational purposes related to Rocky Point and surrounding areas, but just for a couple of minutes I'm going to jump up on the soapbox DMAC recently abandoned and put some points on the board for people who prefer their rants seasoned with facts and logic

I'm always hearing our prisons are overcrowded because people who are otherwise innocent are being incarcerated for minor drug possessions. I just now searched the internet for government statistics on that subject and found them elusive, but I did uncover this article from Slate.com. Five myths about prison growth. - Slate Magazine. In prisons, not jails, 50% of inmates are there for violent crimes and 20% are there for property crimes. Only 20% are in for drug offenses, and these are mostly for distribution, not mere possession. The median time served for a prison inmate in the U.S. is 2 years. The principal impact of drug laws on increased prison populations is the role of prior convictions in determining sentencing. When a dirtbag breaks his girlfriend's jaw or pulls a knife on a store clerk, a prior arrest rfor drugs will make it more likely, and sometimes mandatory, that he will receive a prison sentence instead of probation with counseling.

I should point out that Slate.com is not Fox News.

Another thing I'm always hearing is that Americans are incarceration-happy because we've locked up a greater percentage of our population than any other country on the planet. But if you look closer at this subject, you should see it as a source of pride since it reflects a government that endeavors to protect its people regardless of race, ethnicity or wealth. Much has been made of disproportionately higher arrest and incarceration rates for blacks and Hispanics, but that overlooks the fact that most crime victims suffer at the hands of members of their own race or ethnic group and thus are the principal beneficiaries from arrests and incarcerations of criminals from their own neighborhoods. If America's criminal justice system ignored crime against minorities and the poor, arrest and incarceration rates among minorities and the poor would surely drop sharply. Would that be a more progressive approach?

In discussions of crime in Mexico, I often see references to the "impunity rate," meaning the percentage of reported serious crimes that go unpunished. In Mexico the impunity rate is always reported at around 95-98% depending on the time period and entity reporting it. In other words, if you commit rape, murder or robbery in Mexico, the odds you will ever be punished by the law are 2 to 5%. Statistics are similar for most Latin American countries. (I've tried to find out the impunity rate in the U.S. and European countries for comparison but can't find it. I'd be grateful if someone digs it up.) I believe a major reason for Latin America's high impunity rate has to do with Latin America's philosophical orientation toward government in general and criminal justice in particular. It seems that in Latin America, government officials' concept of law enforcement is ensuring that the government is being obeyed. Protection of the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness for the average citizen doesn't seem to be a priority, possibly because the citizens who matter most to the government are hiring their own private security forces anyway. I'm encouraged by the demands of Mexico's citizens for better protectionfor the average person against gangs, kidnappers and serial killers, but I fear that the government will dismiss their protests and demands as just another element of the white noise that Mexico City's incessant protests and demonstrations have become.

My intention is not to say the U.S. is good and Mexico is bad, but I would encourage everyone to reflect on what we truly have here in the U.S. Some will always want to characterize the U.S. as a police state. That's fine, except that since English is routinely taught to school children throughout most of the world (excluding Mexico), people from all over the world may be reading this stuff and wondering how much of it can be believed. I wanted to offer some clarifying remarks.

And to DMAC, I would suggest that you keep right on challenging those police states wherever you find them, preferably by asserting in Mexico the inalienable rights you feel you have to possessing guns and in the U.S. your right to possess drugs. Then, when you can find internet access wherever you end up next, write us a comparison of what happened in the two cases with respect to knowing the charges against you, availabilty of competent legal counsel if you cannot afford it, swift and speedy trial, presumption of innocence and professionalism in the corrections system. We Americans always aspire to self-improvement, and your thoughts will be invaluable to us.

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
All I know is I got thrown in a US jail for having 4 pieces of trash in my truck. On the bright side, I couldn't see the rest of Ajo from in there...

Amen audsley! DMAC enjoy your guns and dope. You know that old saying if you go looking for trouble you'll find it? I hope you find it.

Terry C

My car broke down today! As I was pushing it to the side a guy stops and asks did your car break down? Nope its such a nice day thought I take my car for a walk!