Red Meat taken by Mexican border guards

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
My friends report that their red meat (steaks) was taken from their coolers by the Mexican border guards. Unbelievable given the dearth of tourists they are experiencing.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
hmmm, that explains the unmistakable smell of carne asada reported by the people passing through the border a few hours later, I'm sure....

Roberto

Well Known Member
Unbelievable that pot is confiscated at the border when the demand is so great in the US.

Eduardo

Banned for Douchebaggery!
My friends report that their red meat (steaks) was taken from their coolers by the Mexican border guards. Unbelievable given the dearth of tourists they are experiencing.
How good is the tourist if he will take his own food to the beach? Buy your stake in mexico, spend your money in mexico, help the mexican economy. Don't bring your gringo food into mehico

mis2810

Well Known Member
How good is the tourist if he will take his own food to the beach? Buy your stake in mexico, spend your money in mexico, help the mexican economy. Don't bring your gringo food into mehico
I think this is the first and probably last time I will ever agree with anything Eduardo says. Mark it on your calendars.

Johnny

User is currently banned
Ya, but screw with the American Customs officers at every chance you get...right Eduardo? You seem like an angry Mexican citizen. Just stay in Mexico and you have nothing to worry about!

GV Jack

Snorin God
Johnny, don't waste your time or energy on this guy. Remember the old saying, "Every village has an idiot"

As much as I hate to say it, the point about buying in Mexico is well taken. I used to take steaks accross before
I found out it was frowned upon. Some good folks on here encouraged me to try buying them in RP and I have
ever since. I have found them to be of better or equal quality at a more reasonable price compared to US steaks.

Last time, I got stopped on the Mexican side and the lady looked in my cooler. There were a couple Tecate Lights
and she asked me. "You are taking Mexican beer into Mexico?" I laughed and said it was just to hold us over until
we got to the store. She laughed and said, "Have a good day" and waived us through.

I've never had a problem on either side going in or coming out. A smile, a little respect and a thank you and off we go.

Is that really all that difficult?

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Unbelievable that pot is confiscated at the border when the demand is so great in the US.

HAHAHA, and yet there is NO demand south of the border, right?

hmmm... then what is that distinct aroma I pick up early every morning on the docks as I prepare my boat for a day of fishing? It ain't just fresh seafood, and pelican crap that's for sure

I agree with Eduardo- stop bringing in your gringo food, and your gringo dope, and your gringo fishing gear, and your gringo clothes, and your gringo cigarettes, and your gringo luggage, and your gringo swim-toys, and your gringo cars and trucks, and your gringo ice chests, and your gringo attitudes, and your gringo philosophies, and your gringo shoes, and your gringo gasoline, and your gringo ATV's, and your white-ass gringo skin, and your bald-ass gringo heads, and your dumb-ass gringo open mindedness, and your flag-waving gringo patriotism, and your snot-nosed gringo kids, and your gringo-ass mad-cow disease....

Just leave it all home. Otherwise, enjoy your trip; and be sure to tip your waiters and waitresses, and pay all your traffic fines :D

God I am such a JERK sometimes.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I've never had a problem on either side going in or coming out. A smile, a little respect and a thank you and off we go.

Is that really all that difficult?

of COURSE it's difficult... people are JERKS, and the natural impulse is to fight fire WITH fire, right?:fishslap:

A

AZ Miguel

The "G" word, how many ways can you find to use it. Once more we get to enjoy a Hate The Gringo thread, unless the Gringo has cash and they are buying chiclets. I buy my ranchera carne asada from the same south Phoenix location that Stuart gets his from and hands down much better then any SOB. Just my opinion, not asking for anyone to agree with it.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
God I am such a JERK sometimes.

wait... make that "such a GRINGO Jerk..."

:clown:

ok, enough from me- I'm pushing the envelope.. I just long for the day that someone will come clean with me and tell me honestly if the "G-word" carries as much intentional disdain in Mexico as the "N-word" does in the US.

I mean- I need to know if it is Ok for me to use the G-word toward my fellow white-skinned peeps, while simultaneously being offended when that brown skinned guy at the marina calls me one.... ????

I'm so culturally confused- I have no idea when it's appropriate to be offended...

HELP me Roberto! my schizophrenia is taking over again... :hairout:

jerry

Well Known Member
Mr. Moore...the victim of racism...lets put a cup with his picture on it at the gas station at Why to get him a life coach so he feels better

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I already have a life coach... He lives in Mirador and uses his finely honed meter-maid skills to make sure I'm parking only in heavily guarded parking spaces marked:

"Reserved for pompous gringos who are perceived by everyone else to live more privileged lives, simply because they chose to blow their savings on a boat instead of booze and dope"

:boat:

Kenny

Well Known Member
Are you saying you think we think you live a "privileged life" Moore? ... I don't drink or smoke anything Moore, does that mean can I can be privileged and a pompous Gringo too?

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Are you saying you think we think you live a "privileged life" Moore? ...
No, I was making a joke (and a parody of myself)

Did my choice of words inadvertently register on your sensitivity meter? My sincerest apologies.

I don't drink or smoke anything Moore, does that mean can I can be privileged and a pompous Gringo too?
Sure, you can be whatever you choose to be... would you be surprised if you learned that there are ALREADY people who think you are a pompous gringo (albeit a rank amateur when compared to real professionals like Stuart and myself...) ?

Kenny

Well Known Member
No, I was making a joke (and a parody of myself)

Did my choice of words inadvertently register on your sensitivity meter? My sincerest apologies.

Sure, you can be whatever you choose to be... would you be surprised if you learned that there are ALREADY people who think you are a pompous gringo (albeit a rank amateur when compared to real professionals like Stuart and myself...) ?
Jerry and I are rather enjoying the fact that since we stopped playing with you in rants and raves, you've came looking for us out here in the light. If it was most anyone else, pompous a## or not, I'd be flattered.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Jerry and I are rather enjoying the fact that since we stopped playing with you in rants and raves, you've came looking for us out here in the light. If it was most anyone else, pompouse a## or not, I'd be flattered.
I've come looking for YOU...?

How so, exactly?

I made a joke, referring to a thread that Bob created in the fishing forum about my boat and the Federale machine gun mount near Capones...

How exactly do you, or Jerry, factor into that at all?

I'm sorry, but this is now two times in the past couple days that I have to state that I have no idea what you are talking about, and in the last example, it was YOU that entered my thread about monetary policy and real estate, and made the "observation" that I was nuts.

Oh wait... I just checked Google, and now I get it. Mercury entered retrograde again yesterday. I better stay off the forum until it leaves retrograde on Dec 14th- attitudes around here are probably going to start getting really goofy between now and then.