rockypointnewsonline.com

"childbirth is a bit more then an emergency room visit. are you the typical reporter who likes to leave out important facts in order to make their case? A case usually based on ideology rather then fact?

Hope not but it sure looks like it."

Really? Does it look that way here, on a forum where I can offer my own opinions freely just the way you can? Or does it look that way on my newspaper? If it is on my newspaper, please do indicate where.

When you use phrases like "typical reporter" you give the impression that you are prone to generalizations...a flaw common among bigots. "typical redneck", "typical Mexican", "typical mother-in-law"...etc...etc...

C

castaway

PitiquitoRosy said:
"childbirth is a bit more then an emergency room visit. are you the typical reporter who likes to leave out important facts in order to make their case? A case usually based on ideology rather then fact?

Hope not but it sure looks like it."

Really? Does it look that way here, on a forum where I can offer my own opinions freely just the way you can? Or does it look that way on my newspaper? If it is on my newspaper, please do indicate where.

When you use phrases like "typical reporter" you give the impression that you are prone to generalizations...a flaw common among bigots. "typical redneck", "typical Mexican", "typical mother-in-law"...etc...etc...
it's the flags isn't it? the typical left wing reporter that blames America for every problem and likes to point at the "typical" American as a bigot...

notice that you don't really address the issue in question (illegals crossing the border to have their children for free and reporters that make their case on ideology rather then fact)...what you are concerned with is yourself and who you can impress here in the forum

few here are impressed with much so you can relax
:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
dm, I thought I read
dmcauley said:
I stand corrected- In other words the oath means nothing to immigration in Mexico.....
the point I wanted to make was that not matter where you come from or which country you choose to became part of, you must do it and assume all responsibilities and specially in country like this (USA) history tells you what happen, why it happen and one thing most people forget is that it will continue to happen just because the nature of it, this is a country based in immigrants and it will always be, otherwise start showing your cheeroke credentials at the door!!
And Tyler I thing we are playing nice!!

C

castaway

"this is a country based in immigrants"

that's what made it as good as it is today!

Castaway, You are obviously hard of hearing, so I will make it easier for you:
1. Your little graphics don't affect me in the least, but your snideness is tedious. (yawn)
2. I never said the typical American is bigoted. In fact, no one on this thread has said so. You are a baiter. The problem is, you aren't a very good one.
3. Why is the issue "illegals crossing the border to have their children for free and reporters that make their case on ideology rather then fact"? Because you say so? haha. ok, I'll play:
- I have already said in a previous post that as far as I am concerned if the majority of Americans don't want illegal immigrants there, the onus is on them to keep them out. If they get in, they should have basic healthcare, education, and humane treatment. I cannot say it any clearer without drawing you some stick figures.

- "reporters that make their case on ideology rather then fact" This one is at least more closely related to the actual topic of the thread. You better keep the day job, Casty...you suck as a literary critic. Just because I have a newspaper, that doesn't mean that I can't come to a public forum and HAVE AN OPINION. Now, if you want to say that my newspaper is biased, please cite where.

-"what you are concerned with is yourself and who you can impress here in the forum" Ah, now you are the insight into my head and motives? Has it occured to you that this superiority complex of yours is precisely what many people might attribute to...not "typical Americans", but rather "ugly Americans"?

If I were so concerned with myself, I would hold my opinions and come in here kissing ass in the hopes that everyone would buy their insurance from me and love me so much that they go over and read my newspaper. I've managed to do alright for myself so far without "trying to see who I could impress"...and I am too old to start caring now about such stuff.

"few here are impressed with much so you can relax" So now you know what impresses the others? Wow! If I had any sense at all I would be impressed by your powers of perception and insight (yawn, again).

C

castaway

you are very right Rose...I'm no genius...actually just a dumb high school dropout who's main break in life came by virtue of being lucky enough to be born and raised in America. (there goes that music again!)

one question about the statement that if America can't keep illegals out they must take care of them once they are in.

Apply this policy to an individual citizen...If it's then my responsibility to keep a lawless robber/trespasser out of my home then once in I should feed, clothe, care for them, and give them a Costco card? Don't twist this around that my meaning is that immigants are robbers. The only relationship here is that laws are being broken and you say well, too bad, they're your people now".

This defies logic to this dumb American taxpayer.

The many years we have spent traveling to many countries including Mexico has convinced me that as with Christians, people love to take swipes at Americans. Many Americans excuse it away due to the bad manners of a few or our so-called failed foreign policy.

In my view it boils down to some very basic human flaws that don't know color, race, or national origin...that would be hatred and envy.

All personal attacks aside I believe that it's next to impossible today for reporters to be without bias reflected in what and how they report. You've all been given the green light by the Lord of all printed words, The New York Times.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Hey Sub,

Do you and I want to jump in on this one or should we just watch from the sidelines.

A

AZ Miguel

dmcauley said:
I believe that Az Miguel is either racist -That's 1- or has the inside track with hospitals-I have seen many hispanics in emergency rooms -Me to! - but never questioned them as to their legal status- Reminds me of the time a guy on our crew called La Migra on several hispanics on the crew that couldn't speak english- When immigration arrived, he happily pointed out the three in question. They immediately showed their papers to the officials as the racist s.o.b. -That's 2, you don't seem to have a problem with labeling people without knowing the facts - ran and was not heard from again.
Every one that needs emergency treatment should be stabilized before we question the ability to pay, we do that much for the enemy in a war. -Whats your complaint? Everyone gets tirage and treated based on relevant emergency medical needs, regardless of their ability to pay :?: -
I have been fighting a bill for three months for an ER visit. Twenty eight hundred bucks for an EKG for my wife and three hours of being ignored. - And in the tirage process your ability to pay is also evaluated as to the amount of treatment you receive, your exorbitant amounts are based on your ability to pay them - My insurance refused to pay more than 12 hundred and they want me to pay the rest- Oh yeah, 800 bucks for meds-Three aspirin.
The process in Mexico takes muchg more time- For me,this is harder.
I love our mexican neighbors -And I love my Mexican wife but when I take her mom home I refer it as a pleasure trip :lol: - and will always argue their rights- I am also a proud american and a Yankee Doodle Dandy to boot
All the complaints you have voiced, you poor victim :(

jerry

dmcauley wrote:
Emergency healthcare should be given to any one in need.
The majority of undocumented workers do not want hand outs. Those that want something for nothing, as few as they may be, need to go home to Mexico.

If you are a mexican seeking work in the states packed in a overfilled van that crashes(in a typical case) with no insurance or assets a medical evac helicopter ride after an accident on I-10 near the new mexico line is free.If you have half assed insurance that doesn't cover evacuation by air the cost is $24,000 dollars.Even good insurance sticks you with a big chunk of this bill.Much of this cost is to make up for all the free rides.We should bill all the hillbilly states like North Carolina that make a bundle off of Mexican labor.

C

castaway

that is an incredible factoid Jerry...how much financial strain the system can take is the big question.

Is California the example of the future for the entire nation?

G

gunner

America’s Joint Forces Command issued their annual “Joint Operating Environment” report, which projects future wars and other potential global threats. This year, the report pointed to two nations which may undergo a “rapid and sudden collapse.” One, unsurprisingly, was Pakistan: a near-bankrupt nation with spiraling inflation, a huge domestic insurgency problem and growing military tension with neighboring India. The other was Mexico.

Is Mexico really on the cusp of turning into a failed state? It seems hard to imagine but the report cautions that “the government, its politicians, police and judicial infrastructure are all under sustained assault and press by criminal gangs and drug cartels.”

Indeed, Mexican forces have been involved in violent clashes, largely linked to their war on drugs and the organized crime spawned by that war. The Mexican drug war has been escalating for years, backed heavily by the United States, and has turned into an outright shooting war between the military and the gangs. Still, it seems a stretch to put its problems on the same level as Pakistan’s.

An interesting aside to this report becoming public is that Mexican President Felipe Calderon has been visiting the United States this week, hoping to impress upon outgoing President Bush and incoming President-elect Obama the seriousness of the security situation in Mexico.

"you are very right Rose...I'm no genius...actually just a dumb high school dropout who's main break in life came by virtue of being lucky enough to be born and raised in America. (there goes that music again!)"

I appreciate the changed tone of this post and will respond in kind. Of all my certificates, I am proudest of my GED, because it was the one that took me the longes to earn. We aren't that different...you might be gifted musically, or with a green thumb. I have a way with words. It is not a big deal, but it comes in handy at times. Doesn't mean I'm smarter than you or anyone else.

"one question about the statement that if America can't keep illegals out they must take care of them once they are in. Apply this policy to an individual citizen...If it's then my responsibility to keep a lawless robber/trespasser out of my home then once in I should feed, clothe, care for them, and give them a Costco card?"

The comparison doesn't work (notice how I avoid letting you know how I never know if it's a metaphor or analogy) first of all because the illegal alien problem began after the inception in the 50s of the Bracero program, initiated by the U.S. government to bring enough workers from Mexico to work our fields. It created a monster.

If you invited all the lawless robbers into your home because you didn't want to take out your own trash, or pick up your own dog's poop, and then when you felt they were taking over, or that there were so many of them that you lost control...then it would be a problem somewhat of your own making. And while you would not be expected to give them a Costco card, at the very least you should not let them starve to death on your kitchen floor. Why? Because you are still the greatest country on earth. You can put a man on the moon, and so you should be able to keep them out of your house.

"Don't twist this around that my meaning is that immigants are robbers. The only relationship here is that laws are being broken and you say well, too bad, they're your people now"

No. I don't say that. I say...keep them out or catch and deport them. But while they are there they must be treated humanely. The healthcare, education, and yes...even driver's license (I am slipping that one in even though it wasn't previously mentioned) are all a matter of what to me makes sense for the rest of us.

"This defies logic to this dumb American taxpayer."

You aren't the only one. I truly appreciate the dialogue and hope we can learn a bit about each other's point of view.

"The many years we have spent traveling to many countries including Mexico has convinced me that as with Christians, people love to take swipes at Americans. Many Americans excuse it away due to the bad manners of a few or our so-called failed foreign policy."

So maybe you can be a bit less defensive and learn to accept that some of us who disagree with you are also good Americans (and/or Christians, for that matter)?

"In my view it boils down to some very basic human flaws that don't know color, race, or national origin...that would be hatred and envy."

I would ask that you not be so dismissive. Maybe...just maybe...their beef has some basis. Don't assume that it is all just hatred and envy. It is my experience that rarely is that the case.

"All personal attacks aside I believe that it's next to impossible today for reporters to be without bias reflected in what and how they report. You've all been given the green light by the Lord of all printed words, The New York Times"

I don't even know that I consider myself a reporter. I do consider myself a writer, though. The newspaper is an effort to bring information in English to people who weren't getting it anywhere else because it wasn't available. In all sincerity, as I said earlier. If you or anyone points out where my bias has affected my newspaper I more than welcome the specifics. Call me to task there...but don't accuse me of pandering to the masses. That I would never do.

I'm curious to know if you've visited the newspaper. If not...please consider this an engraved invitation. Your critique is of value to me, Castaway.

One last thing: I just listened to our president give his farewell speech. I was and am impressed. I assure you that just about the time you think you have me figured out, I might surprise you. May God bless our current president in his new life and our incoming president in the challenges that lay ahead. (cue music)

S

Submarine

dry heat said:
Hey Sub,

Do you and I want to jump in on this one or should we just watch from the sidelines.
Maybe later Judge, gotta run by Walmart and pick some stuff.

E

El Feo

gunner said:
America’s Joint Forces Command issued their annual “Joint Operating Environment” report, which projects future wars and other potential global threats. This year, the report pointed to two nations which may undergo a “rapid and sudden collapse.” One, unsurprisingly, was Pakistan: a near-bankrupt nation with spiraling inflation, a huge domestic insurgency problem and growing military tension with neighboring India. The other was Mexico.

Gunner.
Is this a public document and if so could you give me a reference to locate it?
Gracias

C

castaway

El Feo said:
gunner said:

Gunner.
Gracias
the problems are serious...Obama met with Calderon recently and promised to, well, uh, follow through on what's been planned. It sure seems like for a guy (Obama) who found so much wrong with President Bush, he sure intends to "stay the course" alot...

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/568 ... o_drug_war

here comes the change right?

I can't wait... :roll:

Kenny

castaway said:
El Feo said:
gunner said:

Gunner.
Gracias
the problems are serious...Obama met with Calderon recently and promised to, well, uh, follow through on what's been planned. It sure seems like for a guy (Obama) who found so much wrong with President Bush, he sure intends to "stay the course" alot...

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/568 ... o_drug_war

here comes the change right?

I can't wait... :roll:
And you found nothing wrong with the past administration and the Bush? Are you out of your mind or just :? :lol: I know you are joking, right. :eek: If you want to play that game on here you had better hold onto your hat Castaway because Oboma had only one vote. IF you cast a vote that would have put Palin in a position to become our president, never mind. :D

Kenny

jerry

Kenny according to the asbestos removal guy who's shop is across the street from me all the following is true:
3 more days before we throw George Bush in a recycle bin,take all the guns,buy Korans for each public school child,release Mexican wolves and spotted owls on every gated whites only golf course and start seizing the F-250s and handing out bicycles! Hey the crazy granny in the Red dress at the McCain rally warned us. Obama is an Arab with no birth certificate and we can't trust him.
911 warning 911 warning 911 it's all Barney Frank and Clintons Fault Iraq is free..911