rockypointnewsonline.com

Kenny

I know Jerry, just look at all the nasty stuff they have planned...
Dear MoveOn member,

Barack and Michelle Obama have a request for us: Spend this coming Monday-Martin Luther King Day-volunteering to serve the urgent needs in our communities.

In this economic crisis, food banks are struggling to keep up. Homeowners need help weatherizing to keep out the cold. Schools are crumbling.

Some folks have been hit harder by the recession than others, but we're all in it together. We've all got to roll up our sleeves and help each other out. And volunteering is always a great experience-in just a few hours, you can help make a huge difference in the lives of others.

Can you answer Obama's call to service this Monday? Click here to find out how you can help near Prescott:

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=51086&zip_radius[0]=86303&id=15391-10602375-2PAjrvx&t=3

On Tuesday, Barack will officially start the massive job of restoring our country. As president, he plans to expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and the Peace Corps and to create new service organizations1, including:

a Classroom Corps to help underserved schools;
a Health Corps to serve in the nation's clinics and hospitals;
a Clean Energy Corps to achieve the goal of energy independence; and
a Veterans Corps to support the Americans who serve in harm's way.

But on Monday, Barack, Michelle, Sasha, and Malia will still be ordinary citizens, volunteering to help their new neighbors in Washington, D.C. Can you join them by volunteering near Prescott? Click here to sign up on Obama's website:

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=51086&zip_radius[0]=86303&id=15391-10602375-2PAjrvx&t=4

Many of us have the day off for Dr. King's birthday, so it's a perfect time to volunteer. And with millions of Americans energized about Obama's inauguration, it will be a great day to spend with neighbors!

Hope you can make it. And thanks for all you do.

-Noah, Karin, Matt, Ilyse and the rest of the team

P.S. If you're in D.C. on Monday, join others from around the country to assemble care packages for troops in Iraq at the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium (inside a heated tent):

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=51093&id=1539 ... PAjrvx&t=5

SCARY, ISN'T IT? :shock:

C

castaway

The 3000 business tax credit for hiring and employee that the Anointed One promised at a zillion campaign speeches has already been dashed to the rocks. Knowing full well that there was no support in Congress for this tax incentive in part due to the difficulties of implementing and the dollars involved he promised it anyway.

Chuck Schumar laughed about it on his way out of the chamber. He said" I don't believe I know a single member that evr supported it.

change...

Kenny

That's it, thats all you have oh bitter one? :lol:

So tell me please, I've yet to meet anyone who would admit it in public . Are you one of the 26% who give Bush a positive approval rating? If you are, I'll ask you this right out. Are you out of your mind, a racist, or both?

You might think about getting a little closer to shore.. :roll:

Kenny

C

castaway

Kenny said:

So tell me please, I've yet to meet anyone who would admit it in public . Are you one of the 26% who give Bush a positive approval rating? If you are, I'll ask you this right out. Are you out of your mind, a racist, or both?

Kenny
We supported him after 911 when his approval rating was over 90's and we continue to support him, America, and Americans today. Even the ones that don't agree with us.

So there's your confession my friend.

Honestly Ken I thought you were not the kind of person who would personally attack with name calling simply because someone doesn't agree with a slobbering public love affair with an unqualified person voted into the oval office by a delirious public, ignorant of facts, eager to prove their acceptance of color, and willing to project their own goodness and desire for a better life into an undeserving, Chicago politician, guilty of every possible political manipulation and mis-association imaginable.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed in you Ken and it seems a waste of time to discuss the President or the President Elect or their policies, strengths, and shortfalls since you just want to start name calling.

We supported him after 911 when his approval rating was over 90's and we continue to support him, America, and Americans today. Even the ones that don't agree with us.
As patriotic as you are, Castaway, it would seem that our new President can also count on your support, even when you don't agree with him.

Kenny

castaway said:
Kenny said:

Kenny
"We supported him after 911 when his approval rating was over W's and we continue to support him, America, and Americans today. Even the ones that don't agree with us.

So there's your confession my friend.

Honestly Ken I thought you were not the kind of person who would personally attack with name calling simply because someone doesn't agree with a slobbering public love affair with an unqualified person voted into the oval office by a delirious public, ignorant of facts, eager to prove their acceptance of color, and willing to project their own goodness and desire for a better life into an undeserving, Chicago politician, guilty of every possible political manipulation and mis-association imaginable.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed in you Ken and it seems a waste of time to discuss the President or the President Elect or their policies, strengths, and shortfalls since you just want to start name calling".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a simple question based on the out of the blue remarks you made, one that you failed to answer I might add. You come on here spouting crap about our newly elected president and you are disappointed in me? Just answer the question, or shut up about it!
NO!, I did not support the war in Iraq, there may be a picture of me with sheep on another thread, but I'm certainly not one.

Disapointed in me, give me a break.

Kenny

C

castaway

]I'm not a racist Ken so according to your wise assessment I must be insane.

I would have voted for Colin Powell, not because he's black nor in spite of it. I may have even voted for Condi as one of the smartest people I can think of, not because I need to prove to all of my friends how accepting I am of black skin and that I'm not racist.

Many voted for Obama just because he's black... period.

And yes Rose, I'll support Obama as President because we all need to succeed and we're all better off as a united front with our friends (including Mexico and Canada)...a fact that most Americans have forgotten for awhile. It's funny Rose how you like to sneer at patriotism. I'll tell you, there are alot worse things to believe in then freedom and democracy.

Yep...pretty disappointed Ken in your rudeness. I didn't expect it from you and it takes alot from the forum as I've always seen you as one of the most tolerant here.

I'm wrong a lot about people these days ...wrong about you Ken thinking you were tolerant and open minded and maybe wrong about Obama that he's selfish, opportunistic, and willing to roll over on any friend when the tide changes a bit.

change...believe in it because that's all there is at this point, blind faith. [/b]

Try to avoid having an orgasm during his 100,000,000.00 inauguration party while we are all out collecting cans of food for the needy.

Hypocrisy?...nah...this is change! :usa:

Kenny

You just can't help yourself, can you? You are the one that is rude castaway! You come on here sounding like a bad Fox news program, and then get idignant when you are called out on it.

Kenny

C

castaway

I don't know what's gotten into you Ken...it almost sounds like you feel that your territory has been trespassed on.

very surprised that's all...

C

castaway

I guess people aren't allowed to have different opinions here in this open forum or they are going to get called names, beat on, and shunned by the established "owners" of the space...like Ken?

E

El Feo

"We supported him after 911 when his approval rating was over W's and we continue to support him, America, and Americans today. Even the ones that don't agree with us.

This implies that you are supportive of the new administration and the large majority of citizens who suppport his efforts?

"someone doesn't agree with a slobbering public love affair with an unqualified person voted into the oval office by a delirious public, ignorant of facts, eager to prove their acceptance of color, and willing to project their own goodness and desire for a better life into an undeserving, Chicago politician, guilty of every possible political manipulation and mis-association imaginable."

That certainly is supportive :lol: :lol: :lol:

Following your logic, since you are in the small minority of citizens who have this very special knowledge and think this way, you sound like a person who sees most of the rest of the people in the world as being stupid and far below your standing in life. This attitude can result from too much talk radio !!

You do come across very much as an elitist. It's more honest to come out and say it as a physician I met the other day did "Do you believe we voted a nigger into office"? Of course this poor fellow had a brain tumor and is a little nuts all the time.

Wow ,good you are so supportive! Many did support a highly qualified failed business man, wealthy elite non performing pilot, alcoholic, empty bag of skin manipulative liar, follower of the Nazi Gobbells "The bigger the lie, the bigger the effect" though ?? This guy Bush is just a toady of the corrupt, Nixon era liars and thieves, nothing more. They lined their pockets and can go away for a couple of terms now.

E

El Feo

castaway said:
I guess people aren't allowed to have different opinions here in this open forum or they are going to get called names, beat on, and shunned by the established "owners" of the space...like Ken?

If you pick on Kenny he will just keep posting that photo of the fish scarin outfit :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Kenny

I'll say it one more time and for the last time!
"If you want to play that game on here you had better hold onto your hat Castaway, because Oboma had only one vote."
Stop whining, it's unmanly, kinda like my fish scarin outfit. :lol:

RIC said:
Hey Rosie, glad to see one of my puerto penasco neighbors find and participate in the forum. I sure like your online newspaper, I am definately going to list the link in my site.
Thank you, Ric! We will add a riciprocal link to your site as well. I love your pics.

It's funny Rose how you like to sneer at patriotism. I'll tell you, there are alot worse things to believe in then freedom and democracy.
I never sneer at patriotism. I sneer at self-righteousness. You are not equal to patriotism, even though you seem to think you are. Who are you to determine that the protester is less patriotic than the flag-waver? Are you insinuating that only those who believe as you do can therefore be considered to believe in freedom and democracy (even as we are exercising our freedom of speech and celebrating our democratic election of a new President?

You can cite this person and that person to try to make a point against Mr. Obama, but it remains a fact that an overwhelming number of our fellow Americans disagree with you. I find it heartening that many who voted for the other guy are now expressing optimism and hopefulness. You should do likewise, it would certainly seem a more gracious approach.

"maybe wrong about Obama that he's selfish, opportunistic, and willing to roll over on any friend when the tide changes a bit." Your patriotism is underwhelming, Dude.

"change...believe in it because that's all there is at this point, blind faith." To be outdone only by your cynicism and negativity.

Try to avoid having an orgasm during his 100,000,000.00 inauguration party while we are all out collecting cans of food for the needy.
Then of course there are the old standbys of condecention and sarcasm.

Hypocrisy?
At least you got one right!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
El Feo said:
"......This guy Bush is just a toady of the corrupt, Nixon era liars and thieves, nothing more. They lined their pockets and can go away for a couple of terms now.
Feo, you hit it right on the nail's head, for years, let me think I guess since he got in office, his ways (Bush's) are no different than a government from a third world country, first elections robbed dispite of the publics decision for democracy, Judd, remember him? at that time the democrats showed their superiority by letting the guy go ahead and take office, first blow for many democrats and then the idiot goes to war based in his own agenda, another blow, then he steals the second elections, yet another blow to the american people, now look at the country in its worst financial times ever!!! (sorry the events mention might not be in cronological order), the other day in his farewell speech Bush had the guts to say that he got the country in a bad economy already, if having a 400 million surplus is bad economy (remember from Clinton's government, geeees!! probably more presidents should have affairs while in office) what do you call 1 trillion debt? after that I turn the TV off and in 3 days he will be OFF!!! about time!!!! IMHO. :eek3: :eek3:

E

El Feo

(quote)probably more presidents should have affairs while in office) [/quote]

Ya, GW's behavior is consistent with an impotent bully so maybe he could not have an affair and was mad about it and had to show his manhood by kicking sand in other people's faces??? :lol: :lol: :lol: