Shooting in Penasco

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Can't make out the entire story with the online translators...but it sounds like all the shootings were related......with a police chase, etc.

GV Jack

Snorin God
From what I could glean from the Tucson paper this AM, it seems to have started on Fremont (Which just happens to be the name of my street in GV)
and became a chase that ended at some school and or a sports complex. I've got to believe that Roberto will have some info, because one of the pictures
on Numero Uno looks like it was close to his office. He doesn't get up till noon so I'm sure we'll hear fromhim later.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Yeah...the first set of pics I saw looked like the road from Fremont to Las Conchas...the last was behind the baseball stadium and high school on Benito Juarez, where the practice fields are....

It doesn't appear to have hit the Phoenix papers (online version ) yet....

marybna

Well Known Member
My husband heard about it at workout at Desert Hills this morning. It made the Tucson paper which we do not get. Was not in PHX paper. Was it a shooting or a killings?

jerry

Well Known Member
"tuff battle between Cartels'...the Sum of all our fears.... so this is the part where the boosters tell us not to worry or "hey at least it's not as bad as Kabul"

jerry

Well Known Member
or Colorado.
Hey Jack...We are headed down on Monday via Nogales.If you have not gone that way lets meet up and you can follow us down. Please leave that snubnose 38 with the serial numbers filed off you keep in your sock at home in Green Valley.

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
Here's all I can tell right now:

A band of bad guys from out of town (Caborca) have been rumored to be behind some recent thievery in Penasco. Yesterday officers attempted to stop a suspicious vehicle and they were shot at. A chase ensued. Rumors of a wounded or killed officer haven't been corroborated. The chase led them to the area between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Blvd. Benito Juarez where the sports installations and La Montana school are. Early reports say five bad guys were killed and a couple wounded.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
"tuff battle between Cartels'...the Sum of all our fears.... so this is the part where the boosters tell us not to worry or "hey at least it's not as bad as Kabul"
Jerry...I can't figure you out (at least on this issue) and your comment (other than ragging on the "boosters").....isn't it a lot more dangerous down your way....Santo Tomas...close to Caborca, good location for the drugs to come in by panga, etc......and you don't seem to be running......

jerry

Well Known Member
Rosy do the cops have good vests? Might be a good thing to raise some money for....most likely they now have 5 top of the line ones as the Narcos most likely have top of the line stuff.
Here's all I can tell right now:

A band of bad guys from out of town (Caborca) have been rumored to be behind some recent thievery in Penasco. Yesterday officers attempted to stop a suspicious vehicle and they were shot at. A chase ensued. Rumors of a wounded or killed officer haven't been corroborated. The chase led them to the area between Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez and Blvd. Benito Juarez where the sports installations and La Montana school are. Early reports say five bad guys were killed and a couple wounded.

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
Rosy do the cops have good vests? Might be a good thing to raise some money for....most likely they now have 5 top of the line ones as the Narcos most likely have top of the line stuff.
These were State cops, so I think they have 'em. Joe, Jerry's neighborhood is a little safer now. One of the dead has been identified as Ramon 'El Negro' Sabori.

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Jerry,
The cops I have talked to in Cholla Bay have vests, new uniforms, nice new Glock handgun and M-16. The vests will not stop a rifle round. First post today, second like Kenny.

Rick
Cholla Bay

jerry

Well Known Member
These were State cops, so I think they have 'em. Joe, Jerry's neighborhood is a little safer now. One of the dead has been identified as Ramon 'El Negro' Sabori.
I've met that guy at Cinta's Agua Chile ..he had a nice watch..... Joe we have never even had a burglary out at Santo Tomas (guards that patrol ,plus the middle of nowhere ,plus we all pay the workers a real living wage unlike many Penasco and Caborca employers)

jerry

Well Known Member
They recently had a big shoot out by my civil engineer buddies inlaws house in Guaymas(this is another example of white guys stealing the best mexican women) The Caborca boys are pretty much badasses and in that magic hour when late night meets the dawn and the bars empty out ..well stuff happens