shooting?

El Gato

Well Known Member
A friend just called asking if I had heard anything about a shooting today in the middle of the Carnival - I haven't so hopefully it is just a rumor (she had heard it from someone else). Has anyone else heard anything?

L

lsherwood1

yes, a shooting occurred at the Car Show. Our friends were nearby and heard several shots.

ron6639

Only good days
I heard some 60 shots were fired and the police responded very quickly. Don't know anything more

BIG MAC

It occured next to Keno market. We heard the shots and thought it was a string if fire crackers until the sirens started
Spoke with a few eye witnesses it involved a car chase on Calle 13 ending with the shooting. After those facts everything else we heard was different depending on which person was telling the story. Having seen the bullet holes in the walls, the wrecked cars, and blood on the sidewalks, I feel very sad for the good people of Penasco who's lives will be made even more difficult by this stupid act of violence.

Kelney

Well Known Member
I could not make any sense of the translated article. I do know that if or when this makes the Arizona news this will have an impact just in time for Spring Break.

jerry

Well Known Member
All the cops around,plus army,plus marines and they get away? A Blue Cherokee with a strap on emergency light bar might have made a cop take notice in the states...sort of makes you wonder about stopping the family car the next time the Po Po put the lights on you in Mexico.

seasalud

I heard about the car show on the Rocky Point Rambling show (noon to 2:00pm on saturday) and wanted to go check out the car show since I ADORE old cars. Glad i did not go check it out. I did have to get some meds for my dog from a pharmacy and heard some sirens and when I asked someone in the store they said the police were shutting down the streets for the parade. Hope no one was hurt.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
In reading the translated article, am I correct in that there is an insinuation that Arizona deliberately sent these guys to shoot up the place in order to disrupt Spring Break??

My god, they must be smokin' the same crack they are selling! Absolutely ridiculous.

MnchkinAZ

Playaperro - thanks for taking the time after your race. I had a hard time w/ the translation as well, and I also got the gist of what Stuart read...I hope that was one of those things "lost in translation"

jerry

Well Known Member
Well the writer was pointing out the undeniable fact that the rightwing Taliban crazies known locally as the Arizona Republican State senate majority gain from events such as this one.The gun evolved most likely came from a paperless purchase at a gun show by a criminal made rich by Arizonans thirst for drugs.These facts made the writer go a bit ballistic.I think a drug gang losing the territorial battle in the area could have started this fight but most likely it was gangsters from different sides meeting at the wrong place at the wrong time.Tucson has had problems at car club shows and now you always see cops at them...just smart police work which TPD is known for practicing..
In reading the translated article, am I correct in that there is an insinuation that Arizona deliberately sent these guys to shoot up the place in order to disrupt Spring Break??

My god, they must be smokin' the same crack they are selling! Absolutely ridiculous.

dmcauley

Well Known Member
What I read basically is the one man who was wounded was followed to the hospital and shot 4 times until dead. I have no interest in translating this completely because this is enough fact for me.
I hate to see this happen in my own neighborhood especially before spring break. This is the second time they have followed someone to the hospital to finish the job. Maybe they will figure this out in time.
I left my wife down there and am not afraid of what else may happen but I am afraid of what this is going to do to the economy in RP. It could ruin the small spring break that is expected

Rocky Point Rides

Relax.....we're driving!!

No Stuart, there is no mention of any involvement of the US in any way, shape or form, however I will say it again, the internet translator are the worst things to trust on, unless you are paying good money for a translator software, if there really exist one that does a good job at all!!

Kenny

Well Known Member
No Stuart, there is no mention of any involvement of the US in any way, shape or form, however I will say it again, the internet translator are the worst things to trust on, unless you are paying good money for a translator software, if there really exist one that does a good job at all!!
This article is different than the earlier one Ink. Did you read the first one that playaperro posted?