Stolen car!!

Our car was stolen from near the Granada Hotel on the Mirador. We were snorkeling and when we got out of the water our car was gone. It is a 2012 Black Ford Mustang. It has Oklahoma tags on it and two bumper stickers on the back. One is an Obama Sticker and one is a picture of four Native American Chiefs. If you see it, please let me know or call Rosy and the police. Thank you.

jerry

I put it on a tourist guide group page from Caborca....they know people everywhere in Sonora and are always driving around.The fear I would have is it is in a chop shop in Puerto Penasco.

mrnoyb

Most Ford products, including the Mustang, have all been equipped with a passive anti theft system (since model year 2000) which protects against drive away theft without a properly coded key. Either the culprits had a key or they used a tow truck to steal the vehicle.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Most Ford products, including the Mustang, have all been equipped with a passive anti theft system (since model year 2000) which protects against drive away theft without a properly coded key. Either the culprits had a key or they used a tow truck to steal the vehicle.

Owner's key

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Because many Fords are built in Mexico now, I was told by the Mexican locksmith when my F-250 was nearly stolen, that many master keys have walked out of the factory and are out on the streets. In my case, they jammed a key into the ignition, but it broke off without starting the truck and the scumbag trying to steal my truck fled. We later watched it on hotel video and he was in and out of the truck in under two minutes.

I still highly recommend an anti-theft device, NOT an alarm system. You can search this forum for Ravelco or google Arizona Ravelco. The simplest yet most effective solution to vehicle theft.

I'm very sorry to hear your Mustang got stolen.

Intense police activity along Calle 13 this morning, maybe they saw your car?
I would love that. They were terrific yesterday - as were Ericka and Daniel from the SSea and Rosy, of course. Everyone was great - and I am sure they are looking for it.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
His post went on vacation and he was politely asked to temper his comments and learn to play well with others. Or... go sit in the corner. :puff:

Thanks to Ericka, Daniel, Israel, and Jesus! WE FOUND THE STOLEN CAR!!! It was a joy-ride and almost everything is still in the car!! The Puerto Penasco Police Force was amazing! We can pick up the car in the morning - PP has been totally professional and helpful. One more reason to love it here!!!

mis2810

Thanks to Ericka, Daniel, Israel, and Jesus! WE FOUND THE STOLEN CAR!!! It was a joy-ride and almost everything is still in the car!! The Puerto Penasco Police Force was amazing! We can pick up the car in the morning - PP has been totally professional and helpful. One more reason to love it here!!!
So glad it all worked out well! Could have happened anywhere, and the police may NOT have been as helpful somewhere else!

Kenny

Whew, thats great news and I could hear the sigh of relief all the way up here in Prescott. Long shot but maybe you know a friend of mine from our Cherokee Indian Nation in Oklahoma, Roger Johnson?

Whew, thats great news and I could hear the sigh of relief all the way up here in Prescott. Long shot but maybe you know a friend of mine from our Cherokee Indian Nation in Oklahoma, Roger Johnson?
I don't think so, Kenny. Where does he live? We are in Tulsa!

Hooch

Was the Obama sticker still left on it or was it ripped off and burnt next to the found vehicle? lol