Stolen car!!

Hooch

In case you didn't already know, there were people in Mexico before the 1492 terrorists. A very highly organized society as a matter of fact - apart from human sacrifice. Americans, Columbus, the Spanish and the rest of them didn't "DISCOVER" anything! It was already there! They just came to steal, rape and pillage! I'm sure your ancestors were one of them.
And the Spanish language came from where professor? Lol sweet **** if you wanna talk post Colombian history please remove your head from your ass. Thanks

jerry

So back to the car...as a guy who lives at a place (santo Tomas) where you can leave the keys in the Atv or car with no worries I never lock anything.....I bet is you left them under the floor mat...right?

So back to the car...as a guy who lives at a place (santo Tomas) where you can leave the keys in the Atv or car with no worries I never lock anything.....I bet is you left them under the floor mat...right?
No, in my beach cover-up on the beach while we snorkeled. Have done it before, won't do it again.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Ya just gotta love how threads turn into a bunch of "Yo momma" jokes around here. :puff:

Roberto

No, in my beach cover-up on the beach while we snorkeled. Have done it before, won't do it again.
Sounds like it was someone who hangs around there a lot if they were bold enough to search through your stuff and knew which car it was. Were you parked in the lot behind the hotel or in the street?
I live a block from there and petty theft is prevalent in the area but police patroling is frequent too. I watch the bicycle riders scoping things out every morning and it's a favorite parking and entry point to the beach for the vendors, but I'm frankly surprised about the magnitude and boldness of this.

Sounds like it was someone who hangs around there a lot if they were bold enough to search through your stuff and knew which car it was. Were you parked in the lot behind the hotel or in the street?
I live a block from there and petty theft is prevalent in the area but police patroling is frequent too. I watch the bicycle riders scoping things out every morning and it's a favorite parking and entry point to the beach for the vendors, but I'm frankly surprised about the magnitude and boldness of this.
We were parked on the road leading to the hotel parking lot next to the wall. Only car there so it wasn't exactly hard to figure it out. I am sure he was looking for money and found the keys - should have left money instead!! Wonder if he realized there wasn't much he could do with the car in RP and abandoned it. Only had been driven a few miles. Took the owners manual and a GPS that doesn't work in Mexico, an iPhone, a bit of money, my drivers license, a snorkel and hairbrush in my beach bag- and my favorite coverup. Bag was black with little multi colored owls all over it - take note if you see one like that!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We were parked on the road leading to the hotel parking lot next to the wall. Only car there so it wasn't exactly hard to figure it out. I am sure he was looking for money and found the keys - should have left money instead!! Wonder if he realized there wasn't much he could do with the car in RP and abandoned it. Only had been driven a few miles. Took the owners manual and a GPS that doesn't work in Mexico, an iPhone, a bit of money, my drivers license, a snorkel and hairbrush in my beach bag- and my favorite coverup. Bag was black with little multi colored owls all over it - take note if you see one like that!

Same exact thing happened to me in the same spot back in 2007, July 4th weekend. My buddy and I met a few girls at Manny's and uuughh we went snorkeling too at 4am with the girls lol and the same exact thing happened. It happened on the beach right in front of the Pataya. Someone had gone through our shorts while my buddy and I were preoccupied. The person took the keys to my truck, money from me and my buddy's shorts, his cell phone and his shoes lol. I'm about 98% sure it was an inside job as the security guard for the Pataya was standing near bye and saw everything. He told us and the police that he knew the guy that took our stuff and we went on a little show me something scavenger hunt through town to no avail. The first thing we did was go to my truck so they couldnt steal it. It was parked at the BAJA Hotel up the street to the west. It ended up being a really long Saturday day, our wallets were stolen so no debit cards, we had to have western union money wired, walked all over town that day. My truck had a nice viper alarm with kill start if you dont use the two way pager remote, so getting the truck open took 23 seconds but getting a key made for the ignition and finding a way to bypass the kill switch on the alarm was fun. All of this on a Saturday, 100 degrees on a 4th of July weekend in 2007, still boozed up from the night before, hadnt gone to sleepp yet, my buddy with no shirt or shoes the whole day, finally got home to Cholla Bay at 4pm. NEVER left anything out of my sight ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS talk about fortitude, our clothes and belongings were no more than 30 ft from us!!!!!!

Same exact thing happened to me in the same spot back in 2007, July 4th weekend. My buddy and I met a few girls at Manny's and uuughh we went snorkeling too at 4am with the girls lol and the same exact thing happened. It happened on the beach right in front of the Pataya. Someone had gone through our shorts while my buddy and I were preoccupied. The person took the keys to my truck, money from me and my buddy's shorts, his cell phone and his shoes lol. I'm about 98% sure it was an inside job as the security guard for the Pataya was standing near bye and saw everything. He told us and the police that he knew the guy that took our stuff and we went on a little show me something scavenger hunt through town to no avail. The first thing we did was go to my truck so they couldnt steal it. It was parked at the BAJA Hotel up the street to the west. It ended up being a really long Saturday day, our wallets were stolen so no debit cards, we had to have western union money wired, walked all over town that day. My truck had a nice viper alarm with kill start if you dont use the two way pager remote, so getting the truck open took 23 seconds but getting a key made for the ignition and finding a way to bypass the kill switch on the alarm was fun. All of this on a Saturday, 100 degrees on a 4th of July weekend in 2007, still boozed up from the night before, hadnt gone to sleepp yet, my buddy with no shirt or shoes the whole day, finally got home to Cholla Bay at 4pm. NEVER left anything out of my sight ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS talk about fortitude, our clothes and belongings were no more than 30 ft from us!!!!!!
I've certainly learned my lesson!!

azfish

Well look on the bright side, atleast you still have your snorkel.

azfish

If there is someone walking down the road with makeup on breathing out of a snorkel brushing their hair and carrying a beach bag with owls on it. I will bet $100 US. thats the person who took the car.

azfish

For sh!ts and giggles, any one have any of the exploding ink packs the bank puts in the money? Leave him a load pair of shorts on the beach. The ink takes a long time to come off.

Joe, all you have to do is disconnect the alarm under the dash. just look at the wire with tape on it and cut. atleast that is how I turned mine off. installed at audio express. the alarm wouldn't shut off , so I popped the fuse panel open and there was a wire taped. I pulled it and wouldn't you know it ,off went the alarm. no more audio express alarms,Leigh

jerry

Ha! Joe hats off to you and your buddy but these are not quite the same incidents:
You Guys...........banging hookers at 4am while at the very least drunk on your ass.
Sheep3mom.......a middle of the day LaDeeDa beach trip.

The lesson of both stories? Wear one of those waterproof membranes....keeps your "valuables" safe from theft or in the first case infection too.

Northcore™ Surf Accessories : Waterproof Key Pouch

rplarry

Hey Joe, you don't happen to be from Chicago?

Reason I ask, was wondering if you or your buddy had an "Obama for Community Organizer" on your car??