Thanksgiving weekend roll call - Nov 25, 2010

Sounds great Mark....you need to repeat how many people you need to do the trip...for those of us who suffer from memory loss....

but what if you have memory loss and can't add or multiply like me???

I need 25 people to make the $1000.00 and cover the fuel costs for the boat, but we can take up to 35 passengers...

Just popped open that large container (35 lb.???) of peanut oil....and it is still good....no rancid smell or taste..... I guess having been sealed, it wasn't affected by the heat.

S

SandyBird

Mark, We are excited about Thanksgiving trip to Bird Island, put us down for 4 people maybe more.

S

SandyBird

Rick, Thanks so much for emailing Deb & Steve with info on Thanksgiving weekend
bird island trip. Will it be on Sunday Nov. 28?

Sandra,
Cholla Bay

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
OK everyone, time to firm up the plans. Mark, I count 16 for the boat trip on this thread. Have you gotten anymore? I seem to recall you told me that we had 25 some time ago but I can't recall......I have 2 big tables and 4 it 5 chairs to bring. I'm doing cookies, a pie and potatoes au gratin. I also may have another passenger for the boat ride. Probably 2, possibly 3. We'll be arriving before dark on Wednesday and will come straight to you, Mark, to unload the donations. Let me know as it gets closer if this will work for you guys. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

AZ ROB

Chari, we will be bringing down the p/u possibly with a trailer if you need to get together prior to we can take down the non-perishables.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Thanks Rob but I have a 4x8 utility trailer that I will be bringing a wheelchair, a shower chair, a bunch of yarn and some books in.
Mark, is there frozen food to come down that weekend? I can pick it up Wed. morning on the way out... I'm closer than Rob to Tempe. If anyone has anything to donate, get a hold of AzRob and me. Thank you all so much!!!!!

I'm still in...including the boat trip.....which day will it be (Fri./Sat./Sun.)???

I've got a big container of peanut oil (35 lb.??), possibly a couple of turkeys....haven't figured out what else I'll bring for the pot luck.

Still up in the air whether I'll head down late Wed. or early Thursday (Thanksgiving).....

If the weather looks good for the weekend, and I can get my jetskis ready (some work needed), I'll be bringiing them down too...I have a triple pull tube I left down there from my last trip.

Chari... if you have 16 counted from here I have 4 (Sandy) possibly 6 more bringing us to 20 to 22 passengers... this will be the same as last year and we will be going to the island on the Friday after Thanksgiving... this will allow us to push it to Saturday if the weather is bad on Friday...

I have been getting questions in emails about what to bring??? Last year we had plenty of leftovers from the potluck and I'm hoping it will be the same this trip... all you need to bring along are your drinks...

Chari, I'm not sure what you mean about frozen food??? But there may be some perishable food items from our friend Jeff for the Two Fish Ministries, but I won't know until a week or so before T-Day...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yea, that guy in Tempe, right? I tried to bring some 4th of July but I couldn't coordinate and get the trailer in time.....

S

SandyBird

Can anyone tell us what day the boat trip is happening????? We may or may not be able to make it.

Sandybird