Thanksgiving weekend roll call - Nov 25, 2010

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Mark, I got one more for the boat trip and T-Day dinner. He will be making a gallon of gravy for dinner. He will also be e-mailing you about a fishing charter for Sun. possibly. His name is Bobby.

Last edited:
A

azbeachboy

It looks like for Thanksgiving dinner, Mark is smoking a turkey, R.P. Joe is deep frying turkeys and I'm making one. Crock pots are best for keeping food warm. We will have five 6 foot tables, the same set-up as last year. We will need someone to bring paper plates, plastic silverware, potatoes, a veggie tray, stuffing, and, of course, desserts. If you have a special dish please share it with us. We plan to serve dinner around 3pm, but come early...happy hour starts when you get there! Valerie will be making her "Pink Johnson's." Bring whatever else you would like to drink. We hope to have left-overs (turkey and desserts) to take with us on the boat. We will need bread, mayonnaise, and chips for the boat trip.

Mark,
Can you put me down for two if there is still room.

Rick
Cholla Bay
Thanks Rick... you are on the list... and Thanks to everyone else that has signed on to go to the island... it looks like we are almost full... I will go over the numbers shortly and get back with a count as to how many people will be going...

It looks like for Thanksgiving dinner, Mark is smoking a turkey, R.P. Joe is deep frying turkeys and I'm making one. Crock pots are best for keeping food warm. We will have five 6 foot tables, the same set-up as last year. We will need someone to bring paper plates, plastic silverware, potatoes, a veggie tray, stuffing, and, of course, desserts. If you have a special dish please share it with us. We plan to serve dinner around 3pm, but come early...happy hour starts when you get there! Valerie will be making her "Pink Johnson's." Bring whatever else you would like to drink. We hope to have left-overs (turkey and desserts) to take with us on the boat. We will need bread, mayonnaise, and chips for the boat trip.
AZ Rob is bringing the deep fryers....I'm bringing enough peanut oil to fill one of them and will gladly assist in the frying.....when I see the turkey sales, will decide on how many turkeys I'll pick up....

I ate it......hey, if I see a whole ham around, I'll try to pick it up...most of the hams in the supermarket are now the precooked/spiral wrapped ones....BUT you'll have to trim off the charred stuff!!!

joester

2 salty dawgs
wanted to be sure Teri, Michelle and I are counted in for the long weekend -
and we'll bring a mass of those heavy plates, dessert plates, silverware and napkins for everyone,
seems they lasted thru the weekend. Chari - we have jars of mayo in our storeroom - we'll bring some for the leftovers on the boat.
margaritas, sippin tequila, and hopefully some kick-ass green sauce and chips.
good idea to have the fri/sat option for the boat - you never know what the weather may do.
it'll be here before ya know it!
anyone hear from Matt and Dusti?

A

azbeachboy

Thanks for all the help, my friends! Mark, I have 3 people going on the boat. I'll be in Rocky Point this Thursday until November 14th. I won't have a computer until I get back home. Come on by if you're in the neighborhood!

It sounds like you guys are going to have a fantastic time.....how could you not!!! Sorry we are going to miss it......(you don't know how sorry:hateit:!!!). We'll be thinking of you all though, so think of us too......stuck at home (although with family and friends, as Thanksgiving should be) instead of with you all pigging out, pigging out some more, the boat trip, leftovers, pigging out on leftovers........oh, and a couple of good times drinks in between.......

More sorry that we're not going to meet people from here that we haven't met yet....this past trip, we met Bill and Edna, which was an absolute delight!!!! Thanks you two for coming to the fish fry.....that was my first time doing a fish fry, so it was a learning experience. The next one will be a blow out now that I know what I'm doing!!! Tom, pleasure meeting you as well.......I could tell we got you hooked on the trailer trash way of life!!! Rob and Michelle.....would've liked to have spent more time with you guys. Our introduction was too brief..........next time for sure!!! For the rest of our amigos' that we had the pleasure of hanging out with again, thanks to you all. You all are truly the most awesome group of people.......we love you guys!!!!