Watch Your Trucks Closely - Part II!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry

Ive been going to Rocky Point for 20 years now & Ive never lost a vehicle or ever had a friend loose theirs...Not saying it doesnt happen or cant happen...Vehicles get ripped off everywhere....Its funny when anything happens in Penasco paranoiya sets in fast....lol......Im sure glad you guys arent reporting how many vehicles are being ripped off in Phx everyday or how many people are killed in Phx , LA etc...It might make me nervous to drive or park my truck in Phx or go anywhere in the USA........see you on the beach......
Welcome aboard Eric! Tell us about yourself

S

Submarine

The whole Phoenix comparison has got to be the most retarded argument. For one, it's completely irrelevant and invalid because the population numbers are skewed. If you want to compare to a Mexican city with comparable population, try Ciudad Juarez (and I guarantee you'll stay in Phoenix).

Who goes to Phoenix for vacation anyway?

Oh and very well said Stuart!

A

azbeachboy

Talk about scary... Try going fishing with Kenny & Jerry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny

What's scary is you sitting around late at night getting **** faced, then looking at those pictures Chuck. Now you know why I didn't show for Thanksgiving this year folks.

I want to thank Ric Felder for the inspiration to wear this, my fish scarin outfit.

Last edited:
Thanks you guys.....................what a way to start my morning:-D I'll be snickering about this one all day long!!!!!!! You all are too funny:thumbsup:
I tip my hat to you Stuart. Thank you for your very well put (very articulate) statement. I appreciate the information. It really is the pits when it happens to anyone. We had a cd player, a cd case and a tool box stolen from our motorhome a few years back while we were down there. We left the stuff outside because we had become complacent. Now, we no longer leave things like that out. We will be coming down in a couple of weeks in our friends 2002 Chevy Silverado 4x4. Although it is not a Ford, it still will be a concern to us. But not to the point where we're going to become paranoid. This was, how do I say "a perfect time for this to happen" when it was far, far from perfect, because I like to be informed so I can make the decision on how to handle things. We will just be more vigilante in staying aware of our surroundings. (Stuart and Mark, I hope you see my point here and don't take offense to it.....I really feel for you guys).

I just wanted to add one more thing (really I just wanted to look at that picture again LOL).........this will be the only trip down in that truck. All future trips will be in our 2004 Honda Accord. It will be the first time in almost six years that we will be driving a somewhat nice vehicle down there. (It was a sandrail for those six years and not a nice tricked out one). As with anywhere we go, anytime, we will be cautious and aware of our surroundings. Again, I appreciate the information.

jerry

It's good to know AZBeachboy has expanded his pedophilia lite nude photo collection of the drunk 15 year old girls. He enjoys photographing them exchange for new shiny beads.How many beads did you have to give for this crusty old guy shot?
Kenny are you and Happy still selling those outfits on EBAY?

T

TucsonRavelco

Stolen vehicles

Hi Hampton,

Welcome aboard!

Yes, nearly all of us know the "infamous" Happy of whom you speak. He's temporarily... uh... "on leave" from this forum, but he'll be back soon.

No hardsell needed for me; I've already been in touch with Clark Lund and am installing a Ravelco in my F-250 1st week of May. I'm in the Phoenix area, so I tracked down Clark to do the installation. Once that's done, I don't see any way they'll be able to steal it short of winching it up on a flatbed truck and driving it away! When that starts happening, we're all screwed.
You must be the one with the 01 F250 7.3. Thats a very desirable truck. Good for you! I had a customer with the identical vehicle that he would not even drive until I installed a Ravelco in it. I installed the device and left his home at 1:00. He called me at 4:00, with news that someone tried to take the truck from Costco. They jimmied the doors and broke the ignition but they did not get the rig. He then put the Ravelco stickers in the windows.

Side note I looked at the crime records for Tucson and in one day last week I counted 13 auto thefts.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Joe,
Sometimes it's best when you say nothing at all.......Especially when it has been beaten to death in previous threads....... :deadhorse::deadhorse: Stuart, I need the Aagh smilie!:-D:-D

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The whole Phoenix comparison has got to be the most retarded argument. For one, it's completely irrelevant and invalid because the population numbers are skewed. If you want to compare to a Mexican city with comparable population, try Ciudad Juarez (and I guarantee you'll stay in Phoenix).

Who goes to Phoenix for vacation anyway?

Oh and very well said Stuart!
Well Sub, again you fall under the same category comparing apples to oranges, although Phx and CJ have about the same population, they are very different CJ has the highest number of drugs traffikers and human traffikers than PHX, unfortunatelly there is no city in USA that can be compare to any of the bordertowns/cities of Mexico, I think that that will be a better comparition, however all and all no matter where you go, USA, Mexico or China, one must be alert of the surroundings, and like Eric say enjoy the beach!!!

welcome to the forum Eric and I will see you in the beach!! :cheers:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Yo dawg... my truck is paid for. So was Mark's. Neither of us were "dumping" anything.

That's a pretty ridiculous statement; where do you come up with this crap? If you really want to dump a vehicle, you certainly don't have to drive all the way to Penasco to do it. You can pull into any Circle K in Phoenix or Tucson, leave it running with the keys in it, and it will be gone in 60 seconds. Oh, it also helps if you leave a couple of kids in the back seat, too! That way, when the thief abandons your little rugrats a couple blocks of way, you'll get plenty of tearful news media coverage, making the story for the insurance company even more legit!

<said totally tongue in cheek; but you see exactly this on the local news about oh, once or twice a week lately>

JimMcG

When my truck was taken from my driveway, I took it VERY personally and actually tracked it down and drove it home with the ignition hanging by its wires. In retrospect, it was a good thing for the perps' and myself that I did not find them...............and then there was my own insurance company to deal with. I am not sure which was worse. There is a good argument to be made in not getting personally involved.

However, Stuart, I do know that feeling of being violated and although I consider myself pretty savvy and security conscious, every once in a while I am reminded that I have to ratchet up my security awareness.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Point well taken, Jim. I'm in "rachet" mode and will have the truck as theft proof as possible before it crosses back over the border. As Sub mentioned earlier, it will take a gun pointed at my head this time around to get it. When that happens, I simply hand over the keys and will never return to Mexico again.

Wahoo - don't know the origins (plates) of the other 3 vehicles that were stolen.

playaperro

El Pirata
Hey Hey now don't get upset with me like I tell my amigos don't ever take anything I say personal.
Lets brakedown my statement, I know your truck is paid for. so the jab was not thrown at you or Mark.
Don't shoot the messenger.
The jab was for Youhoo about going to the RPTimes to report the trucks stolen. They are a tourist news not a crime beat.
I call it the way I see it and I do not wear any pom poms like others on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.