Watch Your Trucks Closely - Part II!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Submarine

I just had a Canadian try to rip me off on eBay! That country is definitely going to Hell in a Handbasket.
The Canadians. They walk among us. William Shatner. Michael J. Fox. Monty Hall. Mike Meyers. Alex Trebek. All of them Canadians. All of them here.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Oh don't be that way man.If you have read this forum for a while you know we always **** with the RP cheerleaders because it's our job!
Agreed, we, the tourist have a different point of view, even if we have been going to RP for years, ask Kenny, how long now? 40 years? I myself been going 20 years and I know that those living in Phoenix, New York or Vancouver hate when they talk trash about their hood no matter how bad it really is, however tactfully one can put his/her point across and still be a pro at promoting the hood!! :eek3:

A

azbeachboy

In forty years I've only had a few small things stolen from outside my trailer. I had one break-in at At San Juan trailer park but I left a window open. They only took a boom box and DVD's so it must have been kids. I think the problem is not with the narco people but the outside labor force and their families the condo builders brought in. As I remember it, the gang and street crime was almost non existent before the condos were built. DO you honestly think the crime rate in Rocky Point for stolen cars is higher than the crime rate for stolen cars in Phoenix? How about the murder rate in R.P. compared to Phoenix? or Tucson?

I agree that it is an awful experience to have something stolen - you feel violated and unsafe. Knowing that R.P. has a relatively low crime rate when you are the victim it does not make you feel any less the victim. However, I think we need to keep things in perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny

It was 57 or 58 the first time Ink. And to tell the truth, as much as I love PP, there's always a little sadness in my heart when I'm there nowadays.

You know what realy bugs me? It's when I've forgotten I've pulled the coil wire just long enough for me to think my car won't start for a second or two.

I can remember my parents talking about, "how you just can't leave things laying around anymore"... Cholla Bay, in 62. The more things change.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Yanno - this debate can continue virtually forever. Russ? You *really* want your account deleted? I can do that. Just say the word. Frankly, you're acting like some 5 year old having a tantrum and stomping around in his little blue sailor suit.

I'm once again going to state the purpose of the forum - the exchange of information about Puerto Penasco.

That means information good or bad. The value of this forum is that it is not in anybody's pocket. Not the real estate contingent, not the Penasco cheerleader contingent, not the I Hate Mexico contingent, not the old timer contingent. All views are welcome here (within reason). This is one of the few places you'll see honest discussion about what has happened in Penasco -- whether it's covered in roses or covered in warts.

I see it happen here time and time again - trying to shoot the messenger. This thread is a perfect example - what I reported initially to start this thread is information. A lot of people want to know it - geez, it's good to know that because I don't want my truck stolen. A lot of people could care a less - so what, trucks get stolen all the time. What you do with the information is totally up to you.

Then, come the opinions - good and bad. I personally don't care if you have an opinion one way or the other. You are welcome to express it (again, within reason). But you do not have to try and tear down somebody else because you don't agree with their opinion. That leads to pissing matches, everybody gets into a snit and that's generally when I close a thread -- because it's lost focus and has become nothing but personal attacks.

Your opinion obviously depends on your perspective. You can sit there with your head in the beach sand, saying "I've lived here forever and nothing's ever happened." or you can be realistic and realize that the condos and the narcos are suddenly and drastically changing things in Penasco, not necessarily for the better. What you believe is up to you.

It's my opinion - that the sudden and recent rash of truck thefts in Penasco is directly related to the narcos. The thefts are very specific and they are pulled off with precision in less than 3 minutes. The thiefs are not some crackheads or gangbanging kids that want to go for a joyride. They aren't stealing these trucks to chop-shop them for parts, either. They are professional thiefs that are stealing them with a single purpose in mind - to sell them to the cartels to move illegals and drugs over the border. It doesn't take a freakin' microscope or crystal ball to see that.

Again, you can choose to believe whatever the hell you want, I really don't care. The only thing I do care about it is that I've put the information out there and made others aware of the current situation, in detail. I've also taken the steps necessary to protect my truck from future theft. Will this stop me from going back to Penasco? No, it won't. It only makes me more determined to do everything I can to keep my truck from becoming a statistic. By the way, for all of you who profess to driving a "POS", ain't like my truck is brand new. It's 10 years old, has some dents here and there and is generally dirty and filled or covered with sand. But, it's *my* truck and I want to keep it that way! It was targeted exactly for what it is - an F-250 diesel 4x4.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

T

TucsonRavelco

HAPPY sent me

So I get a phone call from Happy (I won't use his real name here) and he asked me about securing his vehicle. He told me that there was a discussion about auto thefts in Mexico and Southern Arizona. I feel strange about jumping into this discussion, but the fact is that securing vehicles from hot wiring is what I do. My name is Hampton and I own Tucson Ravelco. I won't (because I don't like to and because the product speaks for itself) hardsell anyone. Just check out www.tucsonravelco.com and if anyone has any questions about methods of securing their vehicle I will be happy to answer any questions.

P.S. I got into this business after my 2003 Dodge Ram Hemi was jacked out of Tucson in under 30 seconds. The only new truck I have ever owned. Take care.

Kenny

Use his real name, and he'll hunt you down if it takes him forever... I have a picture of him I took at the race's. I had to turn the camera around so it was pointing toward him, while pretending I was shooting toward the track to get it. We're in negotiations for it now.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Hi Hampton,

Welcome aboard!

Yes, nearly all of us know the "infamous" Happy of whom you speak. He's temporarily... uh... "on leave" from this forum, but he'll be back soon.

No hardsell needed for me; I've already been in touch with Clark Lund and am installing a Ravelco in my F-250 1st week of May. I'm in the Phoenix area, so I tracked down Clark to do the installation. Once that's done, I don't see any way they'll be able to steal it short of winching it up on a flatbed truck and driving it away! When that starts happening, we're all screwed.

Eric

Ive been going to Rocky Point for 20 years now & Ive never lost a vehicle or ever had a friend loose theirs...Not saying it doesnt happen or cant happen...Vehicles get ripped off everywhere....Its funny when anything happens in Penasco paranoiya sets in fast....lol......Im sure glad you guys arent reporting how many vehicles are being ripped off in Phx everyday or how many people are killed in Phx , LA etc...It might make me nervous to drive or park my truck in Phx or go anywhere in the USA........see you on the beach......

Status
Not open for further replies.