Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

With all this military brought in does it not seem like they were prepared for it or tipped off. Or is this amount of military always close by? Just seems like there had to be someone big at bella sirena.
That's what I'm sayin' How close is the military base to Sandy Beach. Some tanks are fast... but holy crap

I just spoke with my friend in Cholla, the road from the resorts to Cholla is closed and the burnt out truck in the picture was stolen from Cholla yesterday.

4 people killed reported. Here is the picture from El Imparcial, sadly there are 2 victims in the pic.View attachment 6501
I think this is the
4 people killed reported. Here is the picture from El Imparcial, sadly there are 2 victims in the pic.View attachment 6501
I may have seen this SUV yesterday in Sonoyta. He passed me on the inside just where you turn for Rocky Point. He seemed to be in a hurry. Shortly after the cops passed me, maybe chasing him.

Totally unreal. There goes the neighborhood!

The chance of civilian casualties here should have dictated strategy and action. You do NOT take helicopter gunships and fire into residential communities. Unless, of course, you're Syria, Afghanistan, or other third world warzone. Once this hits the mainstream media, it's not going to be good for Rocky Point no matter how they try to spin it. This is dangerous stuff and a level of escalation that should concern anyone visiting Rocky Point -- suddenly it's way too easy to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I agree. From a media standpoint, a bad-guy incident in a usually peaceful town is one thing. Responding by turning it into a war zone is another.

mis2810

Totally unreal. There goes the neighborhood!

The chance of civilian casualties here should have dictated strategy and action. You do NOT take helicopter gunships and fire into residential communities. Unless, of course, you're Syria, Afghanistan, or other third world warzone. Once this hits the mainstream media, it's not going to be good for Rocky Point no matter how they try to spin it. This is dangerous stuff and a level of escalation that should concern anyone visiting Rocky Point -- suddenly it's way too easy to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Well said. I completely agree. I'm still going, but I don't expect many other people to be going down there anytime soon. Big mistake on the part of the authorities and how they handled it.

mis2810

Why is it bad for a witness of a news event to tell a news reporter about that event? The "keep-it-in-the-family" attitude does not work out well in the long run. You can ask the Catholic Church.
It's not bad, it's the ridiculous "anonymous" part, when the same report was posted on a public forum verbatim. I'm not saying keep it in the family. It was/is going to get out and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. It's also the speed of the reporting - the "I can't wait to be the first one to tell it" mentality that someone needs to overcompensate for their obvious lack of self esteem.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I just emailed a friend who works at a PR firm as to how he would handle the blow back (he is familiar with rocky point). He said that the best way penasco could handle this issue is to turn it into the military should have handled it differently. Basically they knew bad guys were in town and they came in to capture them, when the event escalated into a fire fight, the military may have over reacted in how they handled the issue (ex. firing into residential areas). If the issue is addressed as they will learn from this and make adjustments moving forward, the public may move on. The focus needs to be on that the military may have made a mistake in how they handled it rather than a focus on the bad guys. for what it's worth since we are all in this together.