Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

The news I have - hearsay of course, is that there were some big time narcos renting a house in Bella Sirena and they came in to take them out. Everyone supposedly knew they were there. That being said, it changes absolutely nothing. I still think a tactical SWAT team is better than firing on the resort from above.
From what we saw, and believe me, I have a front row seat, I would believe that story. When the noise started I ran out, the gates we blocked and I could see gunfire from the villas. Later the gates were smashed open, and that is when I saw a minivan leave while people were shooting out the back and sides. There is a white SUV with bullet holes on road. There are other vehicles by the villas banged up too.

There is a huge military presence here now, more than even before.

It's not bad, it's the ridiculous "anonymous" part, when the same report was posted on a public forum verbatim. I'm not saying keep it in the family. It was/is going to get out and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. It's also the speed of the reporting - the "I can't wait to be the first one to tell it" mentality that someone needs to overcompensate for their obvious lack of self esteem.
I think you're judging unfairly.

mis2810

Unfortunately, I don't think the military has a PR department. But yes, that's what they should say. They also might add that they would have never handled the situation that way during the high tourist season.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Unless the lady on the balcony is known to be very familiar with military vehicles, I'd be skeptical about the tanks.
Me, too. Some armored vehicles perhaps. Heck, I've seen those sitting next to Capone's before and talked with the soldiers, but not full-fledged tanks.

When I flew into Penasco on the way to Mazatlan over Thanksgiving, there are indeed two helicopter gunships and a fixed wing small aircraft, along with a complete military contingent and pilots stationed at the new International airport. Wouldn't take them much time at all to be on the scene anywhere in Penasco.

mondone

Whitecaps
This is bad I'm afraid. Ch 12 news reporting as a major story right now on noon news. reporting 5 dead as of right now.

Yes as Mondone reported, it was the Lead Story on 12 news. They will be following it through the day. I am seeing a snowball starting

mondone

Whitecaps
Yes as Mondone reported, it was the Lead Story on 12 news. They will be following it through the day. I am seeing a snowball starting
Just wait until the next report that states it occurred nearby where the home port construction just started. That should bode well for the cruise lines.:rolleyes:

mis2810

"An absolutely unreal experience. Whoever they were going after must have had a tremendous amount of power. A gun battle in such an area is all but unheard of...especially if initiated by the authorities. To actually see a helicopter gunship firing into a dense residential area will haunt many for a very long time." SAID THIS AT 10:18

"An absolutely unreal experience,” said Stephen Heisler. "Whoever they were going after must have had a tremendous amount of power . . . To actually see a helicopter gunship firing into a dense residential area will haunt many for a very long time."
EXACT SAME QUOTE ON AZSTAR A SHORT TIME LATER

Do I need attention? I'm on iTunes Radio five days a week talking about hockey and write a daily article that gets 3M+ views a year. I have all the attention needed.
You just proved my point. Thank you!

Canuck

From our perspective this does change our feeling about this 'little slice of paradise' - when I first awoke I thought it was fireworks from a party that went late in our complex. I went out our door and heard the chopper but couldn't see it (they had no lights on) - then the gatling gun revved up and fired towards the beach it what looked like the area near the Hut - with tracers richocheting off the ground and flying towards the Spa. I'm still in shock - I thought I was finished.

This is the closest I can find to the sound and visuals
- the fact this went on for another hour or two with sporadic other gunfire for almost five hours will remain a memory for a long time.

We can't even leave - they aren't allowing anyone out right now.

Will we be back? Not likely.

From our perspective this does change our feeling about this 'little slice of paradise' - when I first awoke I thought it was fireworks from a party that went late in our complex. I went out our door and heard the chopper but couldn't see it (they had no lights on) - then the gatling gun revved up and fired towards the beach it what looked like the area near the Hut - with tracers richocheting off the ground and flying towards the Spa. I'm still in shock - I thought I was finished.

This is the closest I can find to the sound and visuals
- the fact this went on for another hour or two with sporadic other gunfire for almost five hours will remain a memory for a long time.

We can't even leave - they aren't allowing anyone out right now.

Will we be back? Not likely.
We will not be too far behind you.