Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

Sub

You can run a report here at the State Department http://travel.state.gov/law/family_issues/death/death_600.html?country=0
that breaks out car accidents, homicides, drownings, etc. I ran a report for 2011-2013 which is attached. So whoever made the map got the data from the state department site and then extrapolated the data to make that map.
Ah, it's at a whole different site than the main State Dept page. Go figure. Yeah that makes sense they would only have data through June 2013, which further questions that map page. Why run only 3 years? Not a very large sample for whatever they were comparing it to, and especially if the last year is only a partial year, but I've seen worse examples of statistics manipulation.
I did a quick count of 2010 and there were 118 that year and two executions?!!!? WTF. I thought they abolished the death penalty in 2005. Perhaps these were Cartel executions? Why would they not list them as homicides?

I'm liking my odds in French Polynesia:
French Polynesia Report - Death by Non-Natural Causes

(From 10-2002 To 6-2013)
DateCityCause of Death
11-20-2005Huahine, Tahiti, French PolynesiaDrowning
11-20-2005Huahine, Tahiti, French PolynesiaDrowning
04-02-2005Vaitape, Borabora, French PolynesiaDrowning
01-22-2005Island Of Raiatea, Tahiti, French PolynesiaDrowning
01-21-2005Uturoa, Raiatea, Tahiti, French PolynesiaDrowning
07-21-2004Tahiti, French PolynesiaDrowning
04-09-2004Moorea, Tahiti, French PolynesiaDrowning
02-06-2004Moorea, Tahiti, French PolynesiaDrowning

Export search results to Excel

Send the data to Excel to Save or Print your search results.

Tip: Click Yes when prompted if you want to open the file.

<----->

Also note the caveat to all searches, and we know Mexico has an issue with reporting:
Important Note: The information below should not be considered a statistically complete account of U.S. citizen deaths in foreign countries during the reporting period. Only those deaths reported to the Department of State and deaths that can be established as non-natural are included. Most American citizens who die abroad were resident abroad and surviving family members might not inform the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate of the death. The report may not include some deaths of U.S. military or U.S. government officials. Identifying information is omitted for privacy. The table excludes countries where, during the reporting period, no deaths met the above criteria.

Sub

I thought Brian Williams was murdered by his brother there...girlfriend too
Way out in the Pacific Ocean supposedly, but they did sail from Papeete. Check out the Wiki on this, there is a Tahiti, Phoenix, & Mexico connection:
Disappearance in the South Pacific[edit]
On 6 July 2002 Dele and his girlfriend, Serena Karlan, along with skipper Bertrand Saldo, sailed from Tahiti on Dele's catamaran, the Hukuna Matata.[3]Dele's brother, Miles Dabord (born Kevin Williams), was the only person involved in the voyage who was seen or heard from after 8 July 2002, when the last of three satellite phone calls from the voyage was made.[3] Dele and Karlan had previously kept regular contact with their banks and family members. On 20 July 2002 Dabord was by himself when he brought the boat into Tahiti.[7]

On 5 September 2002 police used a sting operation organized by Dele's family and friends to detain Dabord in Phoenix, Arizona. Dabord had forged his brother's signature in order to buy US$152,000 worth of gold under his brother's name. He had used Dele's passport as identification.[8] Mexican police later found that Dabord had been staying at a hotel in Tijuana, Mexico. Two days before the Hukuna Matata, which had been registered in Tahiti under another name, was found off the coast of Tahiti with its name plate removed and some possible bullet holes patched. About the same time, Dabord phoned his and Dele's mother, Patricia Phillips, telling her that he would never hurt his brother and that he could not survive in prison.[9]

The FBI became involved in the investigation along with the French authorities and concluded that Dele, Karlan and Saldo were probably killed and then thrown overboard, or forced to walk off the boat into the ocean, by Dabord. Given that the bodies were likely dumped in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, it would be highly unlikely that the three would ever be found.[8][2]

Dabord, the only first-person source of information regarding the case, intentionally overdosed on insulin and slipped into a coma. On 27 September 2002 Dabord died in a California hospital. In his account of events, Dabord said he and his brother had fought, that Karlan had been accidentally hit and died when her head struck part of the boat. The captain Saldo had wanted to report her death and a panicked Dele had killed him; Dabord then shot his brother in self-defense, threw the bodies overboard and subsequently fled back to the U.S.[3] After Dabord's suicide, officials did not expect to find much more regarding the case. A memorial service was then held for both Dabord and Dele.

Dabord and Dele were frequently at odds with each other. After Dabord's death, his lawyer and lifelong best friend, Paul White, was questioned regarding his client but gave little information about what happened. Dabord had said that he knew for sure that Dele and Karlan were in French Polynesia, but not much more other than that he was trying to help Dele.[8]

jerry

Seems like this thread has gone off track
On or about dec 19 three big narco events happened.The Pigeon Coop shoot out,the Kruz Gang bust and the Chino Anthrax arrest in Holland.All were part ( or factions) of the Zambada wing of Sinaloa cartel.The trial in Chicago is revealing information about the US and The cartels dealings...interesting

Last edited:

marybna

I had to post this. The lady who used to dog sit Dave Dog had to go into an assisted living in Tucson. Her friends were talking about the shooting and she told them she knew someone that owned a place at Bella. She called me to find out what happened. Her and her friends take was why don't other place in Mexico bring in helicopter and just get rid of these drug people. They all thought it was great that someone finally decided to take action. I ask if any of her friends would go Penasco. "Damn right they would. We need to support that kind os actions."

AZRob

AZRob said:
I was talking to a older ex military guy yesterday and this story happened to come up. His views on this (NOT MINE) was this isn't a drug cartel thing but a cover up for a government command take over. I didn't go into it to deep with him, but he thinks there might be a war for power that's going to happen in Mexico. Remember fellow forum people this was the ex military guys thoughts on this and not mine. So when you start busting B*ll's and slamming, address it to ex military guy whose not on this forum.

Where did you conduct this Interview? On the malecon? Hope he stays XXXmilitary.....
WELL LOOK HERE! My bud wasnt to far off. You might see more of this happen. At least they did it with out killing any by standers and no choppers with 50 cal..

http://news.yahoo.com/mexican-vigilantes-seize-drug-cartel-bastion-220248151.html

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

So where, exactly, did the local "vigilantes" happen to come by that kind of firepower? We're not talking torches, pitchforks and old rusty squirrel guns here - they have serious automatic weapons. Not like they walked into WalMart and bought 'em. Things that make you go "Hmmmmm...." Beckons back to my point of knowing who the bad guys and the good guys really are -- sometimes one and the same.

Last edited:

AZRob

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

So where, exactly, did the local "vigilantes" happen to come by that kind of firepower? We're not talking torches, pitchforks and old rusty squirrel guns here - they have serious automatic weapons. Not like they walked into WalMart and bought 'em. Things that make you go "Hmmmmm...." Beckons back to my point of knowing who the bad guys and the good guys really are -- sometimes one and the same.
They dont look new, I think more than 3 countries made ak 47 and sold them all over the world. Dont forget the head guy is a doctor. Im sure someone gave them to him or gave a hell of a good deal.
He was transported in a fed. chopper and is in the wrong in the mexicos gov.'s eyes. Hmmmmmmmmm?
A person like that in the eyes of the people would make one heck of a leader.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
They dont look new, I think more than 3 countries made ak 47 and sold them all over the world. Dont forget the head guy is a doctor. Im sure someone gave them to him or gave a hell of a good deal.
He was transported in a fed. chopper and is in the wrong in the mexicos gov.'s eyes. Hmmmmmmmmm?
A person like that in the eyes of the people would make one heck of a leader.
No doubt he's viewed as doing the job the government couldn't/wouldn't do. The bigger point is - isn't arming the local populace and going on Templar hunting trips just replacing one outlaw group (the cartel) with another outlaw group that has their own agenda and still doesn't report to the government/law enforcement? I mean, what if I armed the local population here in Tempe and we took over city hall and kicked out all of the police and started making our own laws and rules? We're talking revolution here, in the truest sense of the word.

Eh, maybe it's what needs to happen, but there is no guarantee that the end result is going to be the one that was wanted -- similar to the situation we see in Iraq right now reverting to hell in a handbasket between warring factions.

Roberto

Convoy leaving for Apatzingan at 7AM sharp tomorrow. Meet at the road to La Pinta. Bring your own body armor.