Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

I haven't heard from the HOA but I did hear that there is damage to the outside and to gates. Gee, I wonder if this means renter will want to come and stay in my unit so they can see bullet holes and relive the excitment. Bella has always been so quiet and boring.
Sort of like Remember the Alamo.

Saw it all go down..Scary stuff but the Mexican military sent a strong message to the bad guys. Cartel members are not welcome to stay in Rocky Point. I saw hundreds of spent shell casings from the the Military helicopters mini gun all along the dirt road to Cholla Bay. The copter took out 2 cartel vehicles that fled the scene and were racing towards Cholla Bay. It appears the Cartels guys thought they could relax & stay at Bella Serena and the Mexican Military said no no no. I took a lot of photos of these cars close up and will post tomorrow.
Further validating my post in reply to canuk's
"We can't even leave - they aren't allowing anyone out right now.
Will we be back? Not likely."

Saw it all go down..Scary stuff but the Mexican military sent a strong message to the bad guys. Cartel members are not welcome to stay in Rocky Point. I saw hundreds of spent shell casings from the the Military helicopters mini gun all along the dirt road to Cholla Bay. The copter took out 2 cartel vehicles that fled the scene and were racing towards Cholla Bay. It appears the Cartels guys thought they could relax & stay at Bella Serena and the Mexican Military said no no no. I took a lot of photos of these cars close up and will post tomorrow.
Looking at the pictures of the white four door truck, it appears it crashed at the traffic circle heading toward town not toward Cholla. What's strange is that there are no police or military on scene.

Last edited:
No, we were renting - our first time here.
OUCH!!!!!!
First time renter. Of all the shit to have to experience on you first visit. I'm sorry this happened to you all.
But look at this way, you were witness to probably the worst event of this type to hit PP ever and lived to tell about it.
Don't give up that easy. PP is a wonderful place. Ask anyone that has been going for at least the last 10 years. Next July will be my 10 yr anniversary as Rocky Point visitor. I was just there over the TG weekend. Yes, I am thankful I was not there with my family at the time of the event. I am glad to hear you were not hurt.
I just hope all causalities were confined to the bad guys.

Last edited:

GV Jack

Snorin God
I guess they figured nobody was going anywhere, so they moved on to more important matters.

Canuck, can't say as how I blame you, but I am a rather new visitor to RP, only about six or seven years, but this doesn't deter me one bit.
I've never been in cross fire though except for a silly incident on Okinawa, but these things calm down and it is one of the most delightful places.
Think about this...You could be walking down the street in Phoenix, New York, LA or Toronto and some idiot can sneak up behind you, play
" Knockout" on your head and you could be killed. I guess what I'm sayin is I would rather go out with a Sol Beer and some shrimp as my last memory.

Give it another chance, you may be glad you did.

rplarry

Does anyone know what the Happy Hour specials are at The Hut today ? It's "hump-day", you know !

Anyone want to join me?

Reactions: CJ*

mondone

Whitecaps
Forget the home port. That is going the way of BoomerFest.
Nah, it's not going that way, the home port actually exists. Just a shame when there was so much of a positive direction and momentum for PP happening now. Shame too, that we all will probably incur more inconveniences in the months ahead. You can be sure security checkpoints will return and perhaps more stringent than in the past. Border will be a pain in the a** also. We'll see when I head down on the 28th. It will be interesting.

I did chuckle about the tanks outside of Cholla Bay, but in reality this would not deter me from coming back down for another visit. I think what is important to note is that this all began up at the border in Lukeville and they just ended up in Sandy Beach. So it wasn't like Sandy Beach was targeted for an attack. I do wonder though how the military's response will be viewed- Will it be seen as a message to the Cartel don't hang around Puerto Penasco? Or do you all think this could elicit a retaliatory response from the Sinaloa Cartel, especially if it was Macho that was killed, and target Sandy Beach somehow? This last question really has me wondering how they will respond.

mis2810

Nah, it's not going that way, the home port actually exists. Just a shame when there was so much of a positive direction and momentum for PP happening now. Shame too, that we all will probably incur more inconveniences in the months ahead. You can be sure security checkpoints will return and perhaps more stringent than in the past. Border will be a pain in the a** also. We'll see when I head down on the 28th. It will be interesting.
I'm taking a wait and see attitude on the port. Let's see how this all shakes out and what the backlash is. Not sure they'll want to pump millions of dollars into a ghost town that nobody will go to. I hope it doesn't turn out that way, but this is not your typical shootout either.

Roberto

Michel Marizco @borderreporter
Macho Prieto, an infamous strong arm for Sinaloa may be one of the dead in Rocky Point. Working to confirm. El Macho goes back a long ways.
There he is !! Love the photo. It' like a realtors business card !! The guy that fabricated a lot of crap about how much he knew about the cartels in Mexico to get a job!! You have no good information on this from what you are saying !! Nice to be interviewed on the news especially regarding a subject about which you know nothing but that never stops an intrepid newsperson now does it.

He's the one that 'confirmed' publicly the identity of the wife of a guy shot and killed reporting that she knew the identity of the shooters. Nice move the scoop. Fjortunately she went into hiding thanks to scoops scoop.

Members be aware that whatever rumor you report here may become important information in a story attributed to 'sources close to the event but not authorized to speak about it". There's a bad smell in here.

mondone

Whitecaps
I did chuckle about the tanks outside of Cholla Bay, but in reality this would not deter me from coming back down for another visit. I think what is important to note is that this all began up at the border in Lukeville and they just ended up in Sandy Beach. So it wasn't like Sandy Beach was targeted for an attack. I do wonder though how the military's response will be viewed- Will it be seen as a message to the Cartel don't hang around Puerto Penasco? Or do you all think this could elicit a retaliatory response from the Sinaloa Cartel, especially if it was Macho that was killed, and target Sandy Beach somehow? This last question really has me wondering how they will respond.
Hmmm, the chief assassin of Sinaloa goes down in PP...... we haven't seen the last of this mess.