Anybody But Me Been Hearing This Ad on the Radio???

jerry

JJ from april....
You know Stu.......

It would be interesting if someone was to put together a detailed collection of the ripoff real estate horror stories that abound in and around Penasco, and the untold millions of dollars lost to "faithfull" Americans who "trusted" those dirty scoundrels. And the worst fact is that almost every scheme included a shifty American salesperson that always has a criminal past somewhere back in the USA. They almost always end up first in the Phoenix area, especially Scottsdale, where they set up a new life like a bunch of lurking vultures waiting for the fat old cow to be fed a line of crap and eventually drop dead and no recourse to get the losses back. Once they get run out of Arizona they end up in Rocky Point, San Carlos, San Felipe, Ensenada, etc. where they are safe and untouchable from USA courts and law enforcement.

JJ

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Am I the only one truly pissed off that KFYI paid no attention to our complaints about this? You wrote, Stuart, I wrote, emailed several times..... but they are just advertising whores! I will miss our new guy in the afternoon, James T,. but I got Rush 24/7 and the station will not be on in my casa, nunca en la vida!
Indeed I did, never got any response from them. How Clear Channel marketing cannot be culpable for enabling him is beyond me.

Money talks, people listen.

Grammanan

Kickin' ass, not taking names
All is not lost... from an angel I know..... very long story.... for another post BUT this is the update from him this am. He never did do the loan (engagement) as the text might not indicate. It sounds like Nick may actually have some control of some $$

And just wanna know you need to send me an email so we know who you are and can keep you in the loop up here [email protected]

ON THE UP SIDE. I spoke to Nick - his partner down in Mexico who genuinely had no idea that all this was going on as he was overseeing the construction of ESMERALDA. When I had initially done my due diligence prior to writing the engagement for $400 M, I needed to make sure everything was in tact. The infrastructure to be honest was poorly built...

Nick indicated that he will set up a relief fund for those investors who want to recover through our escrow/trust agreements.

I'm still in talks and waiting to see what he and GUSTAVO (original land owner of the area around Sandy beach) will be reaching back to me.

jerry

All is not lost... from an angel I know..... very long story.... for another post BUT this is the update from him this am. He never did do the loan (engagement) as the text might not indicate. It sounds like Nick may actually have some control of some $$

And just wanna know you need to send me an email so we know who you are and can keep you in the loop up here [email protected]

ON THE UP SIDE. I spoke to Nick - his partner down in Mexico who genuinely had no idea that all this was going on as he was overseeing the construction of ESMERALDA. When I had initially done my due diligence prior to writing the engagement for $400 M, I needed to make sure everything was in tact. The infrastructure to be honest was poorly built...

Nick indicated that he will set up a relief fund for those investors who want to recover through our escrow/trust agreements.

I'm still in talks and waiting to see what he and GUSTAVO (original land owner of the area around Sandy beach) will be reaching back to me.
if you guys are waiting for Gus Brown to make you well.......hell will freeze over first

JJ from april....
You know Stu.......

It would be interesting if someone was to put together a detailed collection of the ripoff real estate horror stories that abound in and around Penasco, and the untold millions of dollars lost to "faithfull" Americans who "trusted" those dirty scoundrels. And the worst fact is that almost every scheme included a shifty American salesperson that always has a criminal past somewhere back in the USA. They almost always end up first in the Phoenix area, especially Scottsdale, where they set up a new life like a bunch of lurking vultures waiting for the fat old cow to be fed a line of crap and eventually drop dead and no recourse to get the losses back. Once they get run out of Arizona they end up in Rocky Point, San Carlos, San Felipe, Ensenada, etc. where they are safe and untouchable from USA courts and law enforcement.

JJ
His business partner is a Penasco

Hellcat

Well ......in light of the recent “exciting” developments (and it is the middle of the week), are there signs of life at Esmeralda? People working? Has anyone sighted Daniel scurrying from spot to spot or hanging out at “Wrecked at the Reef” getting drunk?

Grammanan

It is all much worse than just the Esmeralda Investors...... NONE of his investors in his deed of trusts or private notes with IPX got paid. We are talking about far more than the 132 Essy folks..... add another 420 ( conservatively) ... it is crazy. And all these people are contacting me for information and help. The stories of who these people are is heartbreaking.... one woman has her mother's money invested and they use that to pay her nursing home bill every month. They locked the offices, took phones "off the hook", sent the few employees he still has home Tuesday morning. There was a line of people at the front door when they opened Tuesday.

The irony of a statement to one person is HILARIOUS:

they did this for......

wait for it.....

wait for it......

SECURITY (fraud) reasons !! :truedat:

Can someone be our spy and tell us if and when he shows up down there. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Went by Esmeralda yesterday. Very quiet, nothing going on. Just a security guard in the entry shack.

Rhino

Makes sense that all would be quiet on a Sunday. There was construction activity there last week and cars in the worker parking area.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Makes sense that all would be quiet on a Sunday. There was construction activity there last week and cars in the worker parking area.
Yeah, I didn't expect to see much activity on Sunday, just wanted a closer look at what was up with the place -- a third of it still a steel skeleton.

Grammanan

I don't even know where to begin with all that is happening up here. And since I have been out there for so long, I am besieged with emails. Everything is much more complicated than just Esmeralda. A group wants to do a road trip to Ajo April 24 for his court appearance for DUI and Drug Possession from arrest on April 3.

Daniel's lawyers sent a threat to me to "cease and desist from making further defamatory posts" on the blog "or from contacting any of" Daniel's "investors, officers, agents, or employees. If the Hydes do not stop, my clients will have no choice but to bring legal action against them for their tortious conduct." Saw that one coming!

So I will have to back off sharing some of the details :shutup:

jerry

Hmmmmm. Having trouble finding anything on the docket abjo Justice Court.
/3/2018 ARRAIGNMENT SCHEDULED ON 04/03/2018 AT 9:07AM IN COURT R D 1
NOTES
Case Number: J-1003-CF-2018000019
Title: STATE OF ARIZONA vs DANIEL C Category: Criminal
Court: Ajo Justice Filing Date: 4/3/2018
Judge: Disposition Date:
DANIEL CHRISTOPHER BUTTERFIELD DEFENDANT - D 1 Date of Birth: 03/1973
Citation Count Description Disp. Date Disposition
010LONG FORM 1 NARCOTIC DRUG-POSSESS/USE *
010LONG FORM 2 NARCOTIC DRUG-POSSESS/USE *
010LONG FORM 3 DUI LIQUOR/DRUGS/VAPORS 1ST *
STATE OF ARIZONA PLAINTIFF - P 1

JOSE TUN OFFICER - OF1

Case Activity
Date Description Party
4/5/2018 PRELIMINARY HEARING SCHEDULED ON 04/24/2018 AT 4:30PM IN CO D 1
4/5/2018 PRELIMINARY HEARING SCHEDULED ON 04/24/2018 AT 4:30PM IN CO OF1
4/5/2018 PRELIMINARY HEARING SCHEDULED ON 04/24/2018 AT 4:30PM IN CO P 1
4/3/2018 ORDER D 1
4/3/2018 LONG FORM COMPLAINT FILED OF1
4/3/2018 LONG FORM COMPLAINT FILED OF1
4/3/2018 ARRAIGNMENT SCHEDULED ON 04/03/2018 AT 9:07AM IN COURT R P 1
4/3/2018 FINGERPRINT ORDER COMPLIANT D 1
4/3/2018 LONG FORM COMPLAINT FILED D 1
4/3/2018 LONG FORM COMPLAINT FILED D 1
4/3/2018 Folder

jerry

Case Number: M-0741-5063343
Title: St of Az vs BUTTERFIELD Category: He mustmhave a good lawyer...already plead out to reckless driving :Traffic
Court: Phoenix Municipal Filing Date: 4/17/2016
Judge: Disposition Date: 4/30/2016
DANIEL CHRIST BUTTERFIELD DEFENDANT - D 1 Date of Birth: 03/1973
Citation Count Description Disp. Date Disposition
PPD100036281 1 DUI-IMPAIRED TO SLIGHTEST DEGREE 7/6/2016 COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT
PPD100036281 2 DUI-DANGEROUS DRUG OR METABOLITE 7/6/2016 COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT
PPD100036281 3 FAIL TO DRIVE ON RIGHT HALF OF RDWAY 11/21/2016 COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT
PPD100036281 4 LIMITATIONS-OVERTAKING ON LEFT 11/21/2016 COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT
PCP100036281 5 FAIL TO NOTIFY-STRIKE HIGHWAY FIXTURE 11/21/2016 COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT
PCP100036281 6 RECKLESS DRIVING PROHIBITED 11/21/2016

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Looks like two completely different cases, Jerry. One for 2016, the other coming up on Apr. 24

My guess is he pled the first to reckless (probably blew UNDER the limit). They can still charge DUI even if you blow well under the .08 limit. The courts will plead that to reckless many times because it's much harder to prove true intoxicated driving (drunk driving) if someone blows/blood draws at like .o2 or .04. That's like two beers or glasses of wine with dinner and shouldn't be a DUI.

I'm still willing to bet it cost him plenty in lawyer and fines, but it's a smart move. Why? Doesn't go down as a DUI on your record, otherwise the one he's looking at in Ajo would be a 2nd offense and he'd get some jail time. But two counts of narcotics possession/use ain't gonna help. Don't take it the wrong way, but it kind of makes me feel sorry for him. Maybe the drugs made him not feel so bad about scamming people out of their money. On 2nd thought, naaaah. Fuck him.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Daniel's lawyers sent a threat to me to "cease and desist from making further defamatory posts"
It ain't defamatory anything if it's public information. The public has the right to know, which is why courts make all this stuff open and available. "Defamatory" falls into that Trump dossier type stuff like paying Russian hookers to piss on him -- and none of it can be proven. Or disproven!