Anybody But Me Been Hearing This Ad on the Radio???

jerry

Well Known Member
Y
Any information like this you find in Penasco is generated by Realtors and is subject to all sorts of distortions. The so called MLS is created by and managed by the local realtor's association and is not an independent organization that verifies the accuracy of their reports as in the US. It is a variant of the Point 2 system available to anyone to establish a "real estate sales company". Google it and see. Fox guarding the henhouse comes to mind. There have been several serious episodes of fraud and misuse of the so called AMPI MLS system with no action taken by the association. Reporting sales and activity is completely a voluntary system and in fact bears little resemblance to reality.

Yes, Licenses are issued in Sonora but there is little to no enforcement. You will see reference to a Broker but this is a title offered by the Real Estate agency and has no legal definition or responsibility, it is usually the named owner on the required Mexican corporation papers. AMPI has absolutely no legal position in terms of enforcement. It is mainly a fraternal organization in Mexico, used as a sales tool here in Penasco. Local realtors have created the idea that it is a Board of Realtors, US style. It is not. They have some responsibility granted by the State of Sonora to oversee the testing procedure for licensing but they do not issue licenses and do not have the power to revoke one. I am unaware of anyone ever failing to obtain a license. There still may not be an actual comprehensive test, attendance was all that was required for years. You could sleep through the sessions with no consequences. The license is used as a sales tool.

At what point a property is publicly reported as Sold is unclear and up to the realtor, there is no independent agency tracking this system or information. An agency that wants to show lots of sales may declare the property sold when a deposit check is passed. Under Contract is probably a more accurate description. The fact is the property is not actually sold and transferred until the bank trust or Fidecomiso is issued and registered, a process that can take years to complete and just one reason that bank financing is unavailable here. It may be 'hand written' at the Registry at that point. At the juncture in the process that the Notario examines and certifies the required paperwork and issues a letter of instructions to the bank the sale may be considered a legal sale for transfer.

Many so called sales never result in an actual transfer of ownership because the supporting paperwork is not available or provided to the Notario. Meanwhile the sales commission has been paid and is never refunded. In general when the Notario issues a request to the bank for a Fidecomisso, the sale is good but the bank can take years to process and issue the Fidecomisso.

Escrow means the check goes into the realtors checking account and not to a licensed, bonded independent professional agency. Actual millions of dollars have been stolen by so called Escrow Companies, Closing agents and realtors over the years. Buyers should be aware that they can and should pay all necessary fees and taxes directly not passed through a third party. This is a simple process and is risky to permit a third party to have access to these costs. The Notary will require evidence of payment but collects only their direct fees. Question the costs.

Real estate transfers in Mexico must be accomplished by a Notario who certifies that the property in fact is owned by the seller and can be, and is, legally sold and transferred by Fidecomiso or Mexican title to a specified buyer and that all legally required fees and taxes are paid. The process in NOT the same as in the US and any buyer should take the time to educate themselves about the process. Talk to the Noratio not an agent or so called Broker. Ignorance of the process has supported and created the massive fraud that has occurred over the years. Why someone would transfer huge sums of money on the basis of an unenforceable, worthless piece of paper is beyond me. They would not do it in the US but have done it here.
Awesome recap Bob

Horace Greely

What does anyone know about the Casa Blanca Golf Resort?
Was it sold recently? There is no golf course? How can it be a “Golf Resort” if there is no golf course?

Seahorse

It's a nice resort. Building A and B are a little outdated while C and D are nice with granite counters both bedrooms have sliding doors to the patio.YES they have a mini golf course on site. Great views of Whale Hill and the ocean. Haven't heard if any one has purchased it. You've asked about builders for lots at Costa Diamonte "Diamond Beach" and how to get "sold reports" on real estate. I would suggest going down and visiting. Then start at Cholla Bay and drive thru all the beach front neighborhoods all the way to Mayan Palace....or farther to Santo Tomas and visit Jerry's neighborhood. Horace what exactly are you trying to do?

Roberto

Well Known Member
If I wanted to copy/send your response about “ using property in Mexico “ or print it, is that allowed?
Well it is a public document. I would only ask that you reference rockypointtalk.com and nothing else. Might boost members a bit here. Been real slow and it's a good resource if used.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
What does anyone know about the Casa Blanca Golf Resort?
Was it sold recently? There is no golf course? How can it be a “Golf Resort” if there is no golf course?
Casa Blanca is owned by private owners of each unit. The complex itself is self governed by an owner controlled management company. The only thing for sale is E building. It is about half finished and owned by SBR I think. As far as I know, it has not been sold but there was some talk about the Esmeralda folks possibly trying to acquire it. It also has a very nice 18 hole mini golf course.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Casa Blanca is a SBR property, While building the Esmeralda and Casa Blanca, SBR was funding the construction of the Esmeralda
from funds received from sales of the Casa Blanca and visa versa.
Sadly both properties are now unfinished. I know of one construction vendor who is still owed more than $200K for his product installed.
When the Esmeralda sold he wasn't paid, guess there isn't any enforcement for a construction lien in Mexico.

Grammanan

Kickin' ass, not taking names
What Horace Greeley wants is Esmeralda Units sold. But DaButt doesn't use the MLS so those records would only be available in whatever you have down there as a "recorder ".

Does ANYONE know anyone who was an original buyer in Esmeralda with Gus? We desperately want to know what is being done about that contract. What Daniel is offering them. Butterfield claims over 122 unfinished units are under contract, and these would be those contracts. Investors are trying to get this claim (and his claim that HE has sold 150 units) including in the fraud charges by the corporation commission. If you know anyone, you can PM me. Thanks

Seahorse

Then why doesn’t Horace Greely just “spit it out” and ask what he really wants to know. Instead of asking about sold reports and land in Costa Diamonte. All property / tax records are held at:
Municipio De Puerto Penasco Tesoreria Municipal. Blvd Benito Juarez y Blvd Fremont.
You just need to go in there with an address or name and they can pull up all that information.

Horace Greely

So......Seahorse,
I want to know if Esmeralda is selling condos? I want to know If Daniel Butterfield is really in charge of the “revitalization” of Rocky Point. He claims , over and over again, he has the “vision”....
Is there a “revitalization ”occurring in Rocky Point? Unfinished projects coming back to life?
How’s the Port coming along?
And........another question:
How expensive is power and water and sewer? How is that handled?
I do not own property in Mexico and I just got to thinking of the added costs of condo ownership.
What is property tax $$?
The last time I made it down, we were across from JJ’s and had water delivered and dumped into a cistern on the roof. We shared the water in more ways than you can imagine.

jerry

Well Known Member
What Horace Greeley wants is Esmeralda Units sold. But DaButt doesn't use the MLS so those records would only be available in whatever you have down there as a "recorder ".

Does ANYONE know anyone who was an original buyer in Esmeralda with Gus? We desperately want to know what is being done about that contract. What Daniel is offering them. Butterfield claims over 122 unfinished units are under contract, and these would be those contracts. Investors are trying to get this claim (and his claim that HE has sold 150 units) including in the fraud charges by the corporation commission. If you know anyone, you can PM me. Thanks
Hi Grammanan, I think what you are missing is the original owners interests and yours aren't necessarily the same.I know one that believes this "irrationally optimistic" new money will help them in their actions.Be sure to protect your investment as the properties owned by individuals will be the low hanging fruit in their case.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
In a sad way, I sorta miss Brylcreem Boy. Talk about completely disappearing off the radar screen.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Seahorse

Thank you Horace! Not sure if Esmeralda is selling condos. If so it would be done internally with Esmerala sales, not with an outside realtor. Not sure why you think he is in charge of “revitalization” of Rocky Point. There is growth going on...a new movie theater to start construction near Sam’s Club, the rebirth and remodel of Manny’s Beach Club, the Malecon continues to have remodels and fresh paint. Seeing a lot of new construction homes every where. New restaurants are opening up all over town. On the down side South Side Jillz closed as Jill headed to Ensenada to operate a bar there. They are still projecting the home port for 2020. There is a Puerto Penasco home port facebook page for updates on the port. Power, water and sewer. CFE is the electric company. The bill comes out every 2 months. Mine for a 1400 sq ft, 2 bed, 2 bath home is between $50 & $90 for 2 months. I have 3 mini splits. I run the kitchen and living room all the time, turn the master bedroom on a half hour or so before bed and only run the guest bedroom when I have guests. My water ‘desalination plant’ and sewer is part of my HOA. A majority of people have water delivered. My property tax is about $100 per year, but I pay in January to get the discount, so it is really around $80 per year. Then there is the Bank Trust that is paid annually. Mine is $500 per yr. this summer has been the busiest I have ever seen Rocky Point. It seemed like Spring Break never ended. Most condos were reporting near 100% occupancy all summer. In my neighborhood all the rental houses were booked solid. My neighbor has her house in the rental pool and said she was making $6,000 per month, so I think the economy is doing well.

Horace Greely

Seahorse,
Very informative. I am surprised that it is so inexpensive. However, you have control over many “moving parts”. Certainly much cheaper than in Phoenix. It would be interesting to know what the utilities are in the condo world.
I will look at the Port Facebook page. Thank-you for that info.
The reason why I am of the impression that Daniel is “large and in charge”, he is constantly reminding anyone who will listen that he is going to make things better for everyone in RP. Especially the employees of “Collins”, he feels he owes them . Going to help set up a retirement plan for them.
I had also heard that Marriott has property directly north of the proposed port. It is to commence construction shortly. I have researched the Marriott International and they have nothing indicating a new hotel is planned for Puerto Penasco. They do show a new hotel in Rocky Point, Tampa Bay , Florida. Wonder if someone misunderstood the information they saw.
I suppose it is all very exciting to see “little Rocky Point” growing up?

Horace Greely

Stuart,
Brylcreem Boy is not gone, not by a long shot!
He just has to lay low while he sorts stuff out. He has a few issues to deal with and then he will back......
Lucky Rocky Point!

Horace Greely

Jerry,
Can you explain your response a little better?
I understand there are 2 different issues that have to be addressed. Both by Mr. Brylcreem, himself.
But , I don’t understand the “low hanging fruit” part.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I had also heard that Marriott has property directly north of the proposed port. It is to commence construction shortly. I have researched the Marriott International and they have nothing indicating a new hotel is planned for Puerto Penasco. They do show a new hotel in Rocky Point, Tampa Bay , Florida. Wonder if someone misunderstood the information they saw.
I suppose it is all very exciting to see “little Rocky Point” growing up?

There was a Marriot planned, was a sign up and even some dirt work. It just disappeared when things crashed here. Might still be on the books somewhere but I have not heard anything. Realistically , assuming things continue to improve, it's probably a good time. There is only one large hotel and definitely more people there.

No it is not exciting to me . Was a fairly nice place to live but now it's party central almost every weekend, crazy drivers and drunks. Living in a resort town has it own set of issues for residents. I'd move if my situation in life wee different.

The three stalled condos in Las Conchas all show signs of life. One is actively selling and there are people in there, another is actively undergoing repairs, painting, etc and the third, closest to the guard shack, has a slight pulse of activity. This will have an enormous impact on the adjacent streets, homes and beach.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
This will have an enormous impact on the adjacent streets, homes and beach.
You need to move to the barrio somewhere, Roberto, where those nasty touristas wont go. But even that's getting harder to find.

I often thought the cancer started the day they opened a Burger King in Rocky Point. Geez, how long ago was that now, anyway?

:mystery: