Anybody But Me Been Hearing This Ad on the Radio???

Horace Greely

No, I sneaked snapped that pic while I was talking with the owner of Collins, whom I've known for for decades. Didn't even realize Brylcreem was there until he sushed me and pointed out he had just walked in and was sitting behind me. I had just mentioned this thread to him.

Hey, we all deserve happiness... but I was very surprised he isn't wearing handcuffs.

Meh. What the hell do I know.
It may well happen someday. Time will surely tell.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
There are many signs on the resort road advertising Esmerlda units for sale.
On Friday I saw about 25 cars in the fenced off parking lots for workers

marybna

Well Known Member
I bought at the Villages. My lots was paid for and my money went to build someone else house. I can't even get a deed to the lot I paid for. If it ain't built do not buy it.

Grammanan

Kickin' ass, not taking names
There are many signs on the resort road advertising Esmerlda units for sale.
On Friday I saw about 25 cars in the fenced off parking lots for workers
I wonder how he is able to pay them? Expected (at least he has said it was coming) construction loan may have finally come in. There has been no confirmation that there are any COMPLETED units for sale.

Horace Greely

So.. the new year is upon us and I am wondering what observations are obvious for the Esmeralda ?
We are told there are 2 condo sales.
Does anyone know anyfhi g ?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I wonder how he is able to pay them? Expected (at least he has said it was coming) construction loan may have finally come in. There has been no confirmation that there are any COMPLETED units for sale.
He is not really paying them the full wages always short and with the excuse that "next paycheck will have the unpaid balance, a guy I know was force to quit and now waiting for wages payment, once a scammer always a scammer!!

Horace Greely

I know there has been talk about building your own home vs. buying.
What is the system for building privately?
Do You need a “general contractor”? Is that person required to be licensed and bonded, for as far as that goes? Does that exist? Are the trades (electrician, plumber, framers, etc) skilled or locals? Good friends of the contractor you hired? Is there an inspector/inspection that occurs after each trade finishes? And COO issued prior to completion?
Any protection offered to you as the owner/builder? Or am I too entrenched in the US building laws?
Or
pure Luck ?

EarlM

(Note to admin: this could probably be moved to a new topic thread "How to build in MX")

Here is a very helpful writeup on the construction process in Mexico: http://www.forsaleinbaja.com/build-in-baja.-plans--architects.html
Just like in the US, you can do a lot of work DIY, but if you want it all to be "on the books" when you sell the property, you will need to go through the official construction process with a DRO as described in the above article.

I am fairly certain that most construction in Mexico does not go through the official process and a lot of the construction is not done with proper paperwork. In my own experience with Mexican construction, the weakest areas are electrical and plumbing. Interestingly, this trade is combined down here as both are done by the same trades person. I have seen many terrible and unsafe things done with electrical here. There are house fires here, which is odd since they are mostly concrete, I can only assume the number one cause is electrical fires. On the plumbing side, proper venting of waste lines if an unknown concept here (as your nose will tell you in most buildings). A lot of times you end up with a tradesman who says "yes, yes, yes" when you ask if they know how to do something but in reality they have never done it before, they just want the job and will figure it out as they go.

Of course there are tradesman in Mexico who are very skilled and know what they are doing, but you may have a trial and error process to find the right people. The golden rule of "you get what you pay for" applies here.

In my opinion, if you are unfamiliar with proper construction techniques, I would not suggest building something new on your own in Mexico. You may end up with a building that looks great but buried in the walls are plumbing and electrical nightmares waiting to show up down the road. If you do embark on your own construction project, it would be helpful to be onsite as often as possible to observe how things are put together so hopefully issues are caught before they are hidden.

-Earl

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We have successfully built and sold homes here in Mexico, our tradesmen are fully trained and they do the job the right way so those buried in the wall problems don't exist look at Mexicosis to learn more

Horace Greely

This week begins the “spring onslaught” to Sandy Beach, I guess will last well into April this year. Just how crazy does it get? If you are in the “condo row”, does it get to be , just too much with drinking and masses of people? Are you better off going down the beach farther to where there are homes instead? How is the traffic in and out of RP?

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
This week begins the “spring onslaught” to Sandy Beach, I guess will last well into April this year. Just how crazy does it get? If you are in the “condo row”, does it get to be , just too much with drinking and masses of people? Are you better off going down the beach farther to where there are homes instead? How is the traffic in and out of RP?
The noise, people and traffic are horrible. We leave town for the entire month of March. Drunk idiots everywhere.

Horace Greely

This announcement showed up (approx.) yesterday on the Esmeralda Luxury Resort website. Anyone have an idea what it is all about?

9D6E5614-9210-449E-ACC0-02E9BC3FCB3C.jpeg