hey Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we start banning for things like assinine "sigs", (sorry Sub....but it is), then we will have to start banning for things like continually pulling a post off topic, or banning Forum members who don't live in/visit Penasco, or are continually making assinine posts/pushing other member's "buttons" (the "dawg's" of the world), or those on here who have a business related agenda whenever they post (definitely not referring to Rosy!!!), or those continually bringing in ther liberal political viewpoints on every post....or being ex-New Yorkers.....:rofl:

So my vote is NO!
Hahaha...why make an exception for me, Joe?

I don't think he should be banned for any of the reasons you cite. Everyone on here shares. We exchange stories and experiences, bring concerns and insight and like you say, also throw in a smattering of our opinions, agendas and personal tastes. The problem with Submarine is that he does none of the above. I resent the fact that he is utilizing this forum and not even pretending to contribute. He thinks he's slick, but lately I've tested him more than once. Notice that when he runs one of his "polls" by us he doesn't even share where he stands. There is no contribution whatsoever. Tyler's point that this forum is for those who like or are at least interested in Rocky Point is a valid one. I'm not convinced Submarine qualifies. Frankly, I think we're being played...

Terry C

Tyler/Stuart, the Signature is what people look at too. Do you think they enjoy looking at Sub's Signature. A newbie looks at it and runs.

Kenny

I've always thought of the sub as the consummate "ugly American", who's self centered interests is all that matter's to him.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Submarine cannot change any posts made by anybody. Only two people can do that - Tyler and myself. And we generally only do it when it's requested by the user. If you are saying he copied and pasted a post, then changed it to fit his own purposes, or his signature line, or whatever, he did so of his own accord.

Nobody puts words in anybody's mouth around here. There's usually so many coming out that we don't need to.

As to Rosy's point - as soon as we ban Submarine for his opinion, someone else will rise to the occasion and take his place. Rosy, you've been around long enough to see this happen (I won't dredge up a list of User names).

As I said, if you have issues with somebody's opinion, put them on Ignore. When virtually everybody on the forum has them on Ignore, that user is basically talking to themselves by even bothering to post.

On Edit: The reason (any user name here) is getting to you is because you let him/her. Do you not realize that is exactly what he/she wants to happen?

Tyler/Stuart, the Signature is what people look at too. Do you think they enjoy looking at Sub's Signature. A newbie looks at it and runs.
Terry....that may have been true years ago before our former VP "invented" the internet:stir:....but I think most people on the internet nowadays are able to figure out things like agendas, etc.....and are not scared off easily!

Kenny

So....are you trying to tell us that your alter ego is the "dawg"????:rofl:
There was a consensus some time ago that I didn't have to call myself trailer trash if I slept under them and not in them. Now they just call me, and as I prefer, just plain old trash.:-D

Terry C

Stuart / Joe, he took Rosy's post about the shooting and added stuff to it and made it his Signature. He added something that Rosy would never say. She asked him to change it and I'm not sure that he did.

Stuart / Joe, he took Rosy's post about the shooting and added stuff to it and made it his Signature. He added something that Rosy would never say. She asked him to change it and I'm not sure that he did.
Your point being???? How many of us do a cut and paste from somewhere on the web and don't properly give "credit"? He didn't put quotes around the whole sig with his "addition" and attribute it to Rosy..... Yeah, I know Rosy called him on it....

Last edited:
BTW....has anybody bothered to look at Sub's sig....that is, his now non-existent sig? He's probably coming up with something different!:stir:

Now....if we're going to key on people's sigs, there are others out there that some might find offensive (and I'm not saying that I find it offensive), for whatever reason....here's one (I won't attach the owner's name, although I'm sure it would be easy to find)...

WARNING There are people on here who intentionally post, fabricate & exagerate any negative info they can drum up about Rky Pt. These people despise that RP tourism has grown in size in recent years & that there are now thousands of upscale condos. These people are upset that RP has now been discovered by thousands more tourists & figure if they can spread enough negative info about RP then less tourists will come & they will have more room on the beach like they used to have.

Submarine cannot change any posts made by anybody. Only two people can do that - Tyler and myself. And we generally only do it when it's requested by the user. If you are saying he copied and pasted a post, then changed it to fit his own purposes, or his signature line, or whatever, he did so of his own accord.

Nobody puts words in anybody's mouth around here. There's usually so many coming out that we don't need to.

As to Rosy's point - as soon as we ban Submarine for his opinion, someone else will rise to the occasion and take his place. Rosy, you've been around long enough to see this happen (I won't dredge up a list of User names).

As I said, if you have issues with somebody's opinion, put them on Ignore. When virtually everybody on the forum has them on Ignore, that user is basically talking to themselves by even bothering to post.

On Edit: The reason (any user name here) is getting to you is because you let him/her. Do you not realize that is exactly what he/she wants to happen?
Stuart, I'm fine with your decision to keep him or oust him. If you ask for votes, I'll put in a black marble, not because I disagree with him but, as I've said, I think he's playing us. I don't think he's here because he likes or is interested in RP. I wouldn't put him on ignore, on the off-chance that he might someday say something of interest (see, I can be an optimist too). As for your point that if we vacate the lowest rung, some other bozo will take up occupancy there, well...I offer that it might be an improvement...but that's your call and I respect your decision.

I would, however, like to ask you if you can do something about my words being misused in his sig. His adding content to something written by me is wrong, and as you all know, my protest was ignored.

jerry

Just don't insult the dangerous Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches and free speech rules on this forum

Stuart, I'm fine with your decision to keep him or oust him. If you ask for votes, I'll put in a black marble, not because I disagree with him but, as I've said, I think he's playing us. I don't think he's here because he likes or is interested in RP. I wouldn't put him on ignore, on the off-chance that he might someday say something of interest (see, I can be an optimist too). As for your point that if we vacate the lowest rung, some other bozo will take up occupancy there, well...I offer that it might be an improvement...but that's your call and I respect your decision.

I would, however, like to ask you if you can do something about my words being misused in his sig. His adding content to something written by me is wrong, and as you all know, my protest was ignored.
Rosy....you may be better off just leaving it alone....those of us who know where he got most of the material in his sig (probably just the "regulars") also know that the last part was added by him. He didn't attribute it to you by putting your name around the quote.....The rest of the people reading the Forum most likely have no idea! And as I noted in an earlier post, that sig is now gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.