Mexico Beach Bum

Complain, Complain, Complain.

I was at MBB today and got a good explanation of the deal. If a patron goes in and orders a meal, the chips and dip are free. If they go in, sit under a fan and order water with two straws, there is going to be a charge. I started laughing when I heard this, but than saw the serious look on Jose's face.

On a lighter side... MBB wants to set new standards for the consumption of Corona and soon will be offering $10 Peso Coronas with any meal. So eat something and your chips are free and drink all the Corona's you want for $10 pesos each. That my friends is a smoking deal.
Sorry, but this was not the case when we went. I spent $50.00 on food and beverage and was charged for the chips that I never asked for (as were others). Glad to hear the policy has changed.

garyd

I have heard that even a bad news article is free advertising. Well, in this case it is working. I'm going there just to see for myself what's true and what's not. Pretty good advertising!!!!!!!!!!

rplarry

For those of you who have not discovered the new restaurant and bar, the Mexico Beach Bum, a real treat awaits you. It is located on the Malecon just across the street from Mar Blue. There is a small bar downstairs where you can find Roxanne working almost every day. Upstairs there is a beautiful restaurant and bar with the best views in Rocky Point. Sunsets are amazing! There is a vast variety of food, American and Mexican. There are many items on the menu I have never seen any place else in RP. They have many specialty drinks too! It is a great place to relax and listen to '60's, '70's, & '80's music. They also have big screens for football fans. There will be lots of specials and activities there during Bike Week. Be sure to stop by and check it out. Their huge balcony will allow you to watch all the happenings below.
Glad to hear this spot has opened as a new restaurant. We always loved Lapa Lapa, which was the previous establishment. Probably the best ambiance in Rocky Point. Lapa's food was excellent too. Looking forward to trying this new place.

ok--so i want to retract my previous post in complete praise of mexico beach bum--tonite i took my husband there for dinner (my hubby who never wants to go to what he considers gringo establishments)--but he went because i told him one of the owners is from spokane, which is our hometown. and, while the setting was beautiful at sunset, and the food was great again, we really didn't feel "welcomed" (which may be our issue, but the owner did find the time to greet others at their table and engage them in semi-lengthy conversations, but only shook my husband's hand as we entered and i reminded him about our former meeting/discussion about spokane/giving him our card, etc.). but, in their defense, alex our waitress was wonderful, and attentive, and alot of fun. and, she indulged me as i had trouble converting our bill (dollars) into pesos after one too many Indio's.........and they do have free wi-fi, and also were not charging for the chips and salsa, altho i was told "we aren't charging for those today". i guess we went there hoping to find a kindrid spirit in the owner, but that was probably our own misguided attemp to find our own Cheers bar in Penasco--not easy to do.

Last edited:

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
I believe Alex's exchange calculation was correct. I think you may owe the place a revisit and her an apology.

Encanto

$26 x 13 = 338 pesos.

500 pesos - 338 pesos = 162 pesos.

Sounds like your waitress was accurate in her calculations.

playaperro

El Pirata
Menu please or cuanto por las enchiladas Mexican Shredded Beef - Carne de Res Deshebrada -That place sure is nice and are the Dos XX'ks dollar too, Blows Pan Y Vino out of the water!

Chips & Salsa at Mexico Beach Bum

Hi everyone! I'm Mike Curnow the owner of Mexico Beach Bum. I recently discovered this forum and would like to thank everyone for their input - positive and negative. About the chips... we originally charged for chips and salsa. It was never our intention to charge someone without thier knowledge, but apparently it happened. In response to your input, we no longer charge for chips and I regret ever doing so. I would like to take this opportunity for anyone who was charged to come in and ask for me (Mike). I'll buy you a drink and would enjoy the chance to visit with you in person. Look forward to seeing you!

Football at Mexico Beach Bum

We have both Monday & Thursday night NFL games, Saturday College Games, and every Sunday NFL Game. Come in to watch your favorite team and enjoy our free chips and salsa with your favorite beverage!

December Corona Special

For the month of December, mention Rocky Point Talks, and get $1.00 Coronas with your meal. Lowest Corona price in town - only at Mexico Beach Bum

Last edited:
rumors

I heard another rumor that Mexico Beach Bum is only open on weekends. That is not true. The only day we closed since we opened was Thanksgiving. We are still open every day. For December, we are opening Monday-Friday at noon and Sat & Sun at 10:30. Hope to see you soon.

Roberto

I'll be by for a beer about 6 or so !! My real name is Charlene and I'm 5'3' with blond hair so watch for me !! I'll be solo.

Kenny

I'll be by for a beer about 6 or so !! My real name is Charlene and I'm 5'3' with blond hair so watch for me !! I'll be solo.
Whoops, now everyone knows why I stay at "Roberto's" place, instead of the Playa Inn.:rofl:

I have an Aunt Charlene that we all call Uncle Chuck...not sure how that started. With that in mind, I'll just look the other way in regards to anything close to a Roberto-Charlene, Although, I did see something like that walking down Calle 13.