Penasco Police Chief Landagaray critical after ambush

S

Submarine

Because that has worked so well in other towns like Ciudad Juarez?

mis2810

Well Known Member
Was just on the 12:00 news KVOA ch 4 Tucson ~~~ they are reporting that each man took 6 - AK- 47 slugs, ~~~

also reported that the mayor of Juarez Mex. was slain last nite, ( showed video ) ~~~ more than likely all chs. will have it @ 5:30 & 6:00 tonite

& did see the ch 3 Px. clip posted here ~~~
He was the Mayor of Guadalupe Distrito Bravo (not of Ciudad Juarez). But, was killed at his home in Ciudad Juarez.

Kenny

Well Known Member
From a friend.
You can pass this on if you wish. There is a HUGE Federal Military stop in full operation as I write, 6/21/10 Noonish, close to the entrance to the Pinacate. Fully armed and uniformed military as reported, not Federal or local police. All vehicles are being stopped, people are required to exit the vehicle and it is carefully inspected.

I just drove up Calle 13 and was passed by a convoy of no less than 15 PP Police cars heading down toward the Hotel del Sol and Pinacate Condos. Lights no sirens. Could not see where or if they stopped. I'm heading down there now to see what I can see.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Thanks, Kenny!! Our reporter on the street!! Thanks for the up-to-date info!

On edit: That's okay even if you aren't on the street - love ya anyway (not in THAT kind of way, but you know what I mean!)

asprinkles

Well Known Member
As I said a month ago, Ive been going to Lobos for 25 years and this is hitting a little close to home. People that know me in Lobos know this is very hard for me to do, but I can't keep going down wondering if myself or worse my wife would come to harm because I said it only happens to others. I just can't imangine not going down, but I am getting a little nervous. I LOVE LOBOS and the people there know I do, Leigh

Last edited:

jerry

Well Known Member
As I said a month ago, Ive been going to Lobos for 25 years and this is hitting a little close to home. People that know me in Lobos know this is very hard for me to do, but I can't keep going down wondering if myself or worse my wife would come to harm because I said it only happens to others. I just can't imangine not going down, but I am getting a little nervous. I LOVE LOBOS and the people there know I do, Leigh
No worries Mate! This shit happens when you can't sue a business partner (and his protectors) that screws you over. You have more chance of me shoot you with my potatogun from Santo Tomas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdFK5eVmZ3o&feature=related I'm a bit worried about bringing it down..military checkpoints and all

Kenny

Well Known Member
I've been down in 3 out of the last 4 months..... Maybe I need a space,------ instead of a smiley :D... There's just a few simple rules to follow, and NOT hanging out with a guy with a potato gun that looks like it would fire a mortar round should be one of them!

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Thanks, Kenny!! Our reporter on the street!! Thanks for the up-to-date info!

On edit: That's okay even if you aren't on the street - love ya anyway (not in THAT kind of way, but you know what I mean!)
~~~ Hey my friend Kenny, ~~~ look here ~~~ Stuart say he ~~~ LOVES ONLY YOU, ~~~ sounds like ~~~ "FAIRY BEACH" ~~~ to me ~~~ what does ~~~ "THAT" ~~~ mean ~~~ Kiss, Kiss, ~~~

~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~ :rofl:~~~ :lol: ~~~

~~~ The ~~~ WEETA ~~~

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Im with Kenny on this one, what do you tell people now about Penasco?! I cant stand up for RP now that this shit is happening. The worst part is thinking that you might have to stop going to a place that you love because of the "what ifs". When do you come to that conclusion, when its too late? This whole situation sucks. What I dont understand is what is the significance of RP to the cartels? It seems to me like its in the middle of nowhere as far as drug routes are concerned. I mean strategically it doesnt seem to be an important spot to HOLD. TJ, Juarez and Nogi obviously have benefits to the cartel being the entry points for drugs and human smuggling. What benefits are there to holding or maintaining a presence in RP? Its off the beaten path of Mexico highway 15 which is the main artery that runs North from mainland Mexico but highway 8 to Lukeville? I dont understand, thats why I really never thought RP would ever be involved in this growing problem. Obviously it was always a possibility, but the likelyhood seemed minuscule. Its hard to believe that its an important distribution location or even a continuation from another distribution location. There isnt a sea port and like I said highway 8 doesnt really seem like the best way to get drugs to the states. At this point, America should consider the Mexican cartels the same as the Taliban or Al Queda, terrorists! It isnt even business anymore, its <I AM A CHILD AND CAN'T USE MY BIG BOY WORDS><I AM A CHILD AND CAN'T USE MY BIG BOY WORDS><I AM A CHILD AND CAN'T USE MY BIG BOY WORDS><I AM A CHILD AND CAN'T USE MY BIG BOY WORDS>ing terrorism. Can anyone elaborate?

Kenny

Well Known Member
It may not be a distribution point, but with the growth that PP has seen in the last 10 years or so, you can bet that some of the getgo money was dirty, and some bad boy's have vested interest's all over town.... Why wouldn't they?

Terry C

Well Known Member
It'd been going on for years and years, heads do turn ya know

But, this might change things, we can only hope.

Last edited:

JimMcG

Well Known Member
It may not be a distribution point, but with the growth that PP has seen in the last 10 years or so, you can bet that some of the getgo money was dirty, and some bad boy's have vested interest's all over town.... Why wouldn't they?[/QUOTE]

The next unanswered question might be," If so, why aren't they keeping the peace around their investments, if they have the clout?" Generally, turf wars are very bad for business.

mis2810

Well Known Member
So, if there's a huge military checkpoint on Hwy. 8 like Kenny's friend said, then it's really no different than driving from San Luis to El Golfo. There must be something worth it for the cartels in Rocky Point - El Golfo is even more in the middle of nowhere and they've had that checkpoint for years.

The problem is the average tourist is scared shitless when they come across Mexican military. They're not going to want to stop and get out of their cars and let the military search the cars. So either way, PP will suffer. Personally, I'm not sure whether I feel better with the military checkpoint or not. In the rest of Mexico the cartels gun down the military. I wouldn't want to be stopped at the checkpoint when that happens. Or do they leave the road unmonitored? Either way it's bad news. But I'm still goin' . . .

jerry

Well Known Member
At least the Rocky Point Police CSI team will get lots of prints and DNA evidence from all those bullets

jerry

Well Known Member
Wow what a waste of gold plating...even i have better weaponry that that piece of Chino crap!
did not know what this was but here is a pic. (Goats horn)

bullet casings from a "Cuerno de chivo" were found at many recent executions form public servants in Rocky Point. THe Arb executed in May was alarming to me. I did not post it but there is a story not being told.

I do not know the story, but life in PP from a locals "pow" and a Condo owners or visitor is different. (point of view)

I posted months ago that the locals are scared. The kidnapping of the Judicial arb and subsequent murder along with the Police; plus the killings along the Road to PP seem a retribution and reactive to something bad. An escalation is occurring.

"Cuerno de Chivo" casings? Are they not traceable to the same "Chivo".

jerry

Well Known Member
Joe that (I am a child) thing happens when you clip and paste from Wikipedia (some smartass spelling king)
To your point I think it really is no big deal.Remember when the accountant and his dad were murdered after stealing the 100 k from the high end condo project? The one all the Phoenix movers and shakers own in(built with narco money?) A bill came due and payment was extracted.This was a warning and may just be the wakeup call the pigeon coop developers needed not to take that easy money.
Im with Kenny on this one, what do you tell people now about Penasco?! I cant stand up for RP now that this shit is happening. The worst part is thinking that you might have to stop going to a place that you love because of the "what ifs". When do you come to that conclusion, when its too late? This whole situation sucks. What I dont understand is what is the significance of RP to the cartels? It seems to me like its in the middle of nowhere as far as drug routes are concerned. I mean strategically it doesnt seem to be an important spot to HOLD. TJ, Juarez and Nogi obviously have benefits to the cartel being the entry points for drugs and human smuggling. What benefits are there to holding or maintaining a presence in RP? Its off the beaten path of Mexico highway 15 which is the main artery that runs North from mainland Mexico but highway 8 to Lukeville? I dont understand, thats why I really never thought RP would ever be involved in this growing problem. Obviously it was always a possibility, but the likelyhood seemed minuscule. Its hard to believe that its an important distribution location or even a continuation from another distribution location. There isnt a sea port and like I said highway 8 doesnt really seem like the best way to get drugs to the states. At this point, America should consider the Mexican cartels the same as the Taliban or Al Queda, terrorists! It isnt even business anymore, its <I AM A CHILD AND CAN'T USE MY BIG BOY WORDS><I AM A CHILD AND CAN'T USE MY BIG BOY WORDS><I AM A CHILD AND CAN'T USE MY BIG BOY WORDS><I AM A CHILD AND CAN'T USE MY BIG BOY WORDS>ing terrorism. Can anyone elaborate?

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Joe that (I am a child) thing happens when you clip and paste from Wikipedia (some smartass spelling king)
To your point I think it really is no big deal.Remember when the accountant and his dad were murdered after stealing the 100 k from the high end condo project? The one all the Phoenix movers and shakers own in(built with narco money?) A bill came due and payment was extracted.This was a warning and may just be the wakeup call the pigeon coop developers needed not to take that easy money.
~~~ "pigeon coop developers" ~~~ there you all are, ~~~ what I've been saying for ~~~ YEARS ~~~ all the shit that has been happening & is about to get ~~~ REAL HEAVY ~~~ in PP ~~~ you can ~~~ LAY THE BLAME ON THE ~~~ PIGEON COOPS ~~~ ever since I coined that phrase ~~~ I've been attacked like a son of a bitch every time I used it, ~~~ & BANNED ~~~ several times cause of it ~~~
when the princesa was started, the 1st ~~~ COOPS ~~~ I told friends ~~~ old timers there in PP ~~~ there is the begining of the END of PP
I've been going there for the lee side of 30-yrs. ~~~ so I think I know something about the ~~~ GOOD OLD PP ~~~ like I've said before,
~~~ tear down the ~~~ PIGEON COOPS ~~~ PP's problems solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY

User is currently banned
BTW ~~~ go over to La Huerita's blog, ~~~ in the comments column @ rite, under " Are you guys loco" ~~~

~~~ you won't believe this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerry

Well Known Member
Lazaro Hernandez Bravo has been appointed interim police chief. bet he was really thrilled about getting this job