Penasco Police Chief Landagaray critical after ambush

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
Malecon facelift... no just a better sewer system.

Stuart was saying he loved to eat at the outside marts in the Malecon until he heard from insiders that the sewage that overflows is dried by the Good ol'RP heat and then flies into the air and into food. Yummm.
Really?
I heard from a local that lives there that what they are doing is putting all the electric lines under ground to conform to some kind of Port regulation about not having electric poles and cables on the open. Anyway, made sense to me since I saw the tubing used, ti was a little to small for sewage. Ill check, but really enjoyed lunch at the thirsty parrot yesterday.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Stuart was referring to CALLE TRECE not the Malecon, but either way Ill have to see scientific evidence that this is actually possible. JERRY, Im pretty sure you were joking but Ive learned in college that its not a good idea to copy paste anything from WIKIPEDIA, I used a big boy word that us adults cant handle apparently. Its only a bad word cause society says so. I dont understand why i cant use the F word. I wasnt personally attacking anyone just mearly trying to show my emotions through the use of a word. This is F@#$ing rediculous LOL.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
O YES and furthermore, nobody really answered my questions regarding why this is now taking place in RP. I know there were a few follow up answers in regards to the Resorts being built with dirty money, but i dont see the correlation to drug violence. Once again anyone want to elaborate? This time try to answer the real question and not go off on other subjects that are totally irrelevant. Thanks. Love you all.

Joe,
I don't think anyone on this forum can answer that question.....................unless they are directly involved. Everyone can speculate, but to get an absolute 100% truthful answer, I believe, is not going to happen. And who knows, it may be a combination of different things all happening at one time. I do believe that drugs are the root of the problem, and that tree, unfortunately my friends, has many branches. There are so many real questions and so few real answers..............what do you do???????

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
to post that kind of stuff on a public forum could affect a persons health. I like my fingers and my juevos
This a very wise statement. There are reasons *why* this happened and I mentioned them yesterday - retribution and control. To go any deeper than that on a public forum is to put one's self at risk. There are things that the locals know and accept and things are not always what they seem on the surface. Best left at that.

Oh, I wanted to add - my post yesterday mentioning that the Chief of Police had passed away. I was told later in the day that this was deliberate and the family wanted this to get out and be posted by the news. Given what happened, they didn't want any unexpected visitors at the hospital in Hermisillo to finish the job, as there were with the slaying at Red Cross.

I don't blame them a bit.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Stuart was referring to CALLE TRECE not the Malecon, but either way Ill have to see scientific evidence that this is actually possible.
I have no idea if it's possible. And yes, it was Calle Trece, not the Malecon. I've eaten there for years and never thought twice about it until a local told me this is why he won't eat there. True or not, who knows, but it made sense to me at the time - heavy rains, sewage overflows, it's got to go somewhere or dry up on the streets.

I must have read more into Joe's post. All I was trying to say is who truly knows why it is now happening in RP could only be the people directly involved. We know the *why* and to go any deeper than that would only be speculation on our part. I was not assuming anyone on here is directly involved..................only that the "answers" he wants would only be speculation.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I have no idea if it's possible. And yes, it was Calle Trece, not the Malecon. I've eaten there for years and never thought twice about it until a local told me this is why he won't eat there. True or not, who knows, but it made sense to me at the time - heavy rains, sewage overflows, it's got to go somewhere or dry up on the streets.
Something nastier than the food on calle 13 would be eating the clams that come out of cholla bay 1000 septic tanks with nowhere to leach except the bay. I always thought they tasted kind of shitty.

Bob Oso

I must have read more into Joe's post. All I was trying to say is who truly knows why it is now happening in RP could only be the people directly involved. We know the *why* and to go any deeper than that would only be speculation on our part. I was not assuming anyone on here is directly involved..................only that the "answers" he wants would only be speculation.
You read it just fine BG, it's near impossible to answer or ask a question when you basicly have no idea what you're talking about.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Kenny's friend said: "You can pass this on if you wish. There is a HUGE Federal Military stop in full operation as I write, 6/21/10 Noonish, close to the entrance to the Pinacate. Fully armed and uniformed military as reported, not Federal or local police. All vehicles are being stopped, people are required to exit the vehicle and it is carefully inspected."

I was on my way to Mayan Palace on 6-21-10, left Sonoyta around 12:20pm and arrived at Mayan Lakes at 1:45pm I did not see any military checkpoint anywhere in the highway at all, unless they where there after I went by, this morning I left PP at 6:24 am and there was no checkpoint either, I did notice more police patrols in the streets of PP and Sonoyta, but no military presence anywhere yet, I say yet with the hopes that they will arrive soon to help keep it or at least give the population a little more hope in feeling safer!!

As for me I will die sooner or later, may as well do it while doing what I want and in the place I grow to love and for those that do not know it it is Puerto Penasco aka Rocky Point, the only thing I noticed was that the sea was full of jelly fish even thou the water was not that hot!!

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Inka, where did you see the jelly fish? I was in the water on Sunday, and didn't see one- we were out by Playa Miramar.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
The Jellyfish were all over the beach in front of PDO yesterday. We left PP about 7:30 last night and there was no checkpoint on the way out. There weren't any cars either. We got passed by one tricked out pick up going a hundred right before the altars. Drove right up to the border, he asked us if we were American citizens and spent more time playing with the dog than talking to us. I gues 2 old ladies and a big lab aren't too threatening! LOL!

azfish

Are there any check points from border to PP. ?
Whats the up date on the jelly fish? How can you tell if they are in the water before you get in?